Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Texans Fans Realizing We Have Their 1st and 2nd Round Picks

I say trade our number 2 to the Jets for Q Williams. The guy is under a rookie contract for 3 more yrs. He is playing very good this yr on a mess of a team. We would know what we have in him ,and as a second rd pick he is a home run. Helping us this yr and as a building block for the future. I believe he was a top 10 pick. The Jets are shopping him and most fans are pissed.They want a number 1 but houstons 2 would be a low 2 today
I believe he was top 3.

I swear it felt like every time something was on the line in the Taylor era he never showed up.

but maybe I just remember all those buffalo beat downs we took during that time.

It's amusing that this thread went from Houston fans' realization that we have their picks to a catch-all thread about general football relating to the NFL draft.
Meh, topics wander. Like the Pittsburgh thread last year, things will change weekly, and new relevant posts come on that timeframe. In the slack time, what's the harm if posters have exchanges on offshoot topics?

It's better than having 100 different 5 response threads.

Meh, topics wander. Like the Pittsburgh thread last year, things will change weekly, and new relevant posts come on that timeframe. In the slack time, what's the harm if posters have exchanges on offshoot topics?

It's better than having 100 different 5 response threads.

we disagree. I can understand a tangent (signular), but going 2-3 pages OT is a little much.
Nonetheless, regardless of who Miami selects or whether they trade down or not, those HOU picks are like gold. FH has no control over where those picks are, but if they are mid-round (I think it will be lower) there are enough positions of need, good players will still be available

we disagree. I can understand a tangent (signular), but going 2-3 pages OT is a little much.
Nonetheless, regardless of who Miami selects or whether they trade down or not, those HOU picks are like gold. FH has no control over where those picks are, but if they are mid-round (I think it will be lower) there are enough positions of need, good players will still be available
I do see your (off topic....lol) point. I participate in several forums, running the gambit from political, to historical, to military, and it annoys me when mods let power go to their heads, and shut down lines of thought that don't fit their narratives, so my opinion may be tainted by things outside Finheaven.

But yes, we again have huge flexibility with those picks going forward.

We can approach the pre draft FA period knowing we have ample picks, and don't have any reason to overpay a FA at any specific position.

Find a couple mid level, solid players at whatever position. That will then clarify what direction we go with our top 4-5 picks.

And has already been drawing extra attention from offenses since day one since the opposition understands what he is capable of doing.

And that is despite being surrounded by veteran studs on that DL. Yet he is the one chosen for extra attention more often than not. Young is an obvious stud.

Great draft day for us... I didn't dream that both the Bengals and Vikings would win today... much less us when Tua played poorly.

If Cam Newton would not have fumbled. That would have put a great big bow on the day.

here is my hope.

usually there are anywhere from 5 to 8 elite college prospects in any given draft.

elite or not, QBs usually get pushed up higher because of the nature of the position.

my hope is that wherever the Texans first round pick actually falls, we are in position to grab one of the non-QB elite players in the upcoming draft with that pick, without having to trade up.

Here's a wacky idea - we should trade a couple picks to the Texans for some of their veterans, maybe Brandon Cook and/or Duke Johnson. Both could help us. Besides helping us this year, it would start the fire sale in Houston and will make that 1st and 2nd Texans pick much higher.

Here's a wacky idea - we should trade a couple picks to the Texans for some of their veterans, maybe Brandon Cook and/or Duke Johnson. Both could help us. Besides helping us this year, it would start the fire sale in Houston and will make that 1st and 2nd Texans pick much higher.
as long as it isn't anything higher than a 5th. 5ths 6ths and 7ths only please. keep anything higher.

and i have no interest in brandin cooks.

PFF is reporting the Texans can easily make trades and are unwilling to up to this point. They have an ample amount of offers on the table for their players. I hope we get an early Xmas gift this year? It be nice to see them trade off their assets assuring them of a even more terrible season.

Back
Top Bottom