texas vs bama tonight | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

texas vs bama tonight

I know there are people on the board that are in love with McClain, but I really hope someone takes him before our pick. I know inside linebackers aren't usually the fastest of players, especially in a 3-4, but I expected Patrick Willis the way he was talked about and I just don't see it. I see him as a solid, but unspectacular player in the NFL.

Thomas going low in the running game doesn't bother me too much. He's smaller than Ingram and he's saved a lot of runs from being bigger runs.

Sergio Kindle looks good as a pass rusher, but he can not play the run at all.

thomas is REAL good in coverage and has top notch ball skills and closes on the ball very well so in a free safety imo that's the most important thing...as gibril wilson getting torched in coverage over and over and over this year can illustrate...thomas is a willing run defender also imo...but he's not laying the wood but other than eric berry i can't think of another elite free safety prospect who will

sergio kindle has looked better vs the run on tape i've seen up until tonight but maybe it was that soft in conference schedule

Graham can be a 3-4 OLB, but he'd be for Porter's position. Graham is good against the run, but he a different player than Woodley. IMO I'd take Graham to be the rush LB.

really??? hmmm....over jerry hughes???

I know there are people on the board that are in love with McClain, but I really hope someone takes him before our pick. I know inside linebackers aren't usually the fastest of players, especially in a 3-4, but I expected Patrick Willis the way he was talked about and I just don't see it. I see him as a solid, but unspectacular player in the NFL.

As i mentioned if the actions coming straight at him! he is a monster, but if it's going away from him forget it! what makes 3-4 lb great is power and speed speed speed...i'm sorry mclain not explosive that way he just isn't

apples and oranges

How rediculous does it sound to think Parcells would take McCoy in the 2nd round? He really fits what Parcells wants in a QB...4 yr starter and such. IN NO WAY am I saying I like the idea, but for some reason it just wouldn't absolutely stun me.

thomas is REAL good in coverage and has top notch ball skills and closes on the ball very well so in a free safety imo that's the most important thing...as gibril wilson getting torched in coverage over and over and over this year can illustrate...thomas is a willing run defender also imo...but he's not laying the wood but other than eric berry i can't think of another elite free safety prospect who will

sergio kindle has looked better vs the run on tape i've seen up until tonight but maybe it was that soft in conference schedule

I'd say soft schedule. There are no power teams in the Big 12. The Big 12 relies on spreading the ball around and scat backs for the most part (A&M being the main exception I see)

As i mentioned if the actions coming straight at him! he is a monster, but if it's going away from him forget it! what makes 3-4 lb great is power and speed speed speed...i'm sorry mclain not explosive that way he just isn't[/quote he is slow just like spikes is i think spikes has more of a motor though

honestly though, isn't shipley another hartline, cam not only because he's white! but because he has their style of game?

I like Shipley a lot more than most people and I actually think he can be a damn good starter in the NFL. I'm not sure where he'll go, but if he does last until the 4th round, he'll be a good value pick. As for comparing him to Hartline, I like Hartline, but I like Shipley better. I think they have similar deep speed, but Shipley is quicker and has much better change of direction. I look forward to seeing how Shipley does (mostly getting off the jam) the week of the Senior Bowl.

As i mentioned if the actions coming straight at him! he is a monster, but if it's going away from him forget it! what makes 3-4 lb great is power and speed speed speed...i'm sorry mclain not explosive that way he just isn't

He blew through two lineman for a hurry on Bama interception. So, I agree that he is a monster at straight rush. I've seen Ray Lewis make bad angles sometimes. On that one play the RB just outran the D on the edge. It happens. But more often than not McClain gets them in the open field.

spikes does have more of a motor...but spikes also overpursues and imo is not a guy i trust to be true to his responsibilities vs the run and pass...

heck spikes on tape is more physical but for my eyes he doesn't shed as well as mcclain and he's slower...

when mcclain turns on the jets he can really run for his size 6 ft 4 258 lbs

consider that size too when you guys are knocking him for his running...

mcclain imo is absolutely worth a top 10 pick...without question

imo he's another brandon stokely type

I know I'm in the minority, but I believe Shipley can play on the perimeter as well as in the slot. IMO, he has the ability to be a starter at the next level, and if nothing else, he brings versatility.

Back
Top Bottom