Thank you protesters | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Thank you protesters

They certainly did have a right to protest even though it won't make a lick of difference. Getting on TV a bit with a bag on your head, that's probably the best way to get your message across.

Learning moment? lmao, u cant be serious. Dude has had 4 years, if hes still in a learning moment than he is not qualified to be an nfl gm. Instead of directing comments at dolphins fans, your comments should be lashed out at the front office gurus who are destroying the dolphins reputation around the nfl.

I can direct my comments where ever I like. And it's my belief we go through our entire life learning from our experiences. If you want to ignore that philosophy, so be it. Not sure why someone who is a GM should be excluded from that thought process.

He has made his mistakes, including folding to the public pressure before the FA period opened and encouraging the fan base concerning our QB position. Again, I hope he learned from it.

And most importantly, most of those 4-years he wasn't in charge, the Tuna was.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

what the f does the media have to do with anything? they show up to the party, not send out invitations. Dont blame the fans for everything, try and point a lil blame to the grand master gm jeff ireland!

I believe the protest idea came from a sports radio show on WQAM. It's not hard to connect those dots.

I can direct my comments where ever I like. And it's my belief we go through our entire life learning from our experiences. If you want to ignore that philosophy, so be it. Not sure why someone who is a GM should be excluded from that thought process.

He has made his mistakes, including folding to the public pressure before the FA period opened and encouraging the fan base concerning our QB position. Again, I hope he learned from it.

And most importantly, most of those 4-years he wasn't in charge, the Tuna was.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I believe the protest idea came from a sports radio show on WQAM. It's not hard to connect those dots.

sure it did, but i am more than sure that was a favor for a dolphin fan. not only that, even if it was the radio hosts, u forget that they are also dolphin fans?????

what the f does the media have to do with anything? they show up to the party, not send out invitations. Dont blame the fans for everything, try and point a lil blame to the grand master gm jeff ireland!

Ok, tell me, what has changed from the end of the season to now for people to "out of the blue" protest the Dolphins, specifically Jeff Ireland?

The media are taking shots at the Fins, and fans have taken the bait . . . that is what they have to do with this.

Or you can continue to run this organization into the ground and have a stadium full of Jets fans at Dolphin home games when they play.
They are always gonna be in Miami. Nice and warm with less taxes. Not to mention real estate is real cheap in Florida these days.
I just think if it had been something people felt worthy of they would have shown up. What was the final turn out, like 30 people? the average fan isn't going to have a lot of pull around a professional football franchise.

Ok, tell me, what has changed from the end of the season to now for people to "out of the blue" protest the Dolphins, specifically Jeff Ireland?

The media are taking shots at the Fins, and fans have taken the bait . . . that is what they have to do with this.

Our front office comes out and says a franchise qb is there number 1 priority.
Miami steps up to the plate, strikes out once, strikes out twice, strikes out 3 times. You cant even defend that. Dont even try.

Trading Marshall, losing out on Manning and Flynn, and signing Garrard are the problems (I assume). All of this happened in the last week.

sure it did, but i am more than sure that was a favor for a dolphin fan. not only that, even if it was the radio hosts, u forget that they are also dolphin fans?????

Many local Dolphin radio hosts are not Dolphin fans. I can't say most, but a lot of them are NY area fans, and Patriot fans. The only radio host to my knowledge that is a Dolphins fan is Joe Rose.

But even if they were, they have to make a living, and the best way to make money is to make it bleed so to speak.

Our front office comes out and says a franchise qb is there number 1 priority.
Miami steps up to the plate, strikes out once, strikes out twice, strikes out 3 times. You cant even defend that. Dont even try.

lol of course you can.

Ireland and the Dolphins on the 1st strike out, did the best they could, that's their fault. If they had a better team, maybe Peyton does come here. I blame most of that on the Tuna, not Ireland

Strike out #2, they obviously had a price range they had set on him. IMO based on what Philbin really thought of him. If they thought him to be a an unquestioned starter, they would have offered him a contract to reflect that.

Strike out #3, it's obvious to me Smith was serious about the Dolphins, for a time anyway. But at the same time he still has his heart in San Fran. After they offered him a contract, contrary to what Smith now says I believe they did, at minimum highlighted their ballpark offer, he didn't bite so at that point it became clear he wasn't ready to leave his heart in San Fran. You can't blame Smith for wanting to stay on the west coast with a team that appears to be very close to a title run. That's also why I can't blame Ireland and the Dolphins.

Just one man's opinion.

lol of course you can.

Ireland and the Dolphins on the 1st strike out, did the best they could, that's their fault. If they had a better team, maybe Peyton does come here. I blame most of that on the Tuna, not Ireland

Strike out #2, they obviously had a price range they had set on him. IMO based on what Philbin really thought of him. If they thought him to be a an unquestioned starter, they would have offered him a contract to reflect that.

Strike out #3, it's obvious to me Smith was serious about the Dolphins, for a time anyway. But at the same time he still has his heart in San Fran. After they offered him a contract, contrary to what Smith now says I believe they did, at minimum highlighted their ballpark offer, he didn't bite so at that point it became clear he wasn't ready to leave his heart in San Fran. You can't blame Smith for wanting to stay on the west coast with a team that appears to be very close to a title run. That's also why I can't blame Ireland and the Dolphins.

Just one man's opinion.

pretty sure i included a "dont ever try" in my post, come again.

Look man, our beloved franchise is taking it on the chin because everyone THINKS we were after Flynn, i for one do not believe that we were. I am sure we were after Manning- who wouldn't be. If Philbin went up to Ireland and said "Matt Flynn is the bomb and the single reason he is not taking his own team to the playoffs is because he has the unfortunate situation of being second to Aaron Rodgers", don't you think Ireland would have gone all out for Flynn. I am certain this is not what took place. So what really has Ireland done that is so terrible?
We may have to start Matt Moore, so what, he earned it IMO. We may very well draft a QB that could be pressed into starting earlier than is considered reasonable (seems to happen all over the league these days). We traded **** for brains BMarsh, i think this was a good idea. He will eventually be in trouble as it is his M.O. and is likely already looking at a suspension next season.
We have to draft a big WR and we have to draft a QB..............if this doesn't occur, storm the ****ing gates if you want to. As for now we are looking bad enough in the press for the season we had last year, and having fans griping at the team facility makes our franchise look even worse than we already did. I just don't feel like having a sit-in at head quarters is productive in any way shape or form.
We are rebuilding, build your bridge and get over it.

Back
Top Bottom