The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Book On Ryan Tannehill (parts 1 And 2) - Comprehensive Scouting Report

Might want to read before you post

"Under the new head coach in 2016, Ryan Tannehill started the season slow, again. And then, game 13 he suffered a season ending injury. During that season Ryan led the team to 8-5 record. His passing load was significantly reduced compared to 2014 season, and the team relied more on the running game than it did in previous years. That season, the Dolphins had one of the best rushing attacks in the league, and the lead running back was a pro bowl selection."

I guess I missed that. Thanks for the condescending response.

Hey Vaark a couple questions. I'm a huge stat guy and was wondering where you found 20+ yards accuracy figure compared to all qbs. I'd love to see the whole league. Also where did you get the "clean pocket qbr stat". I've not seen that one before either. Thanks!
I've posted that either for you or someone else in the past.. both of 'em .

I've posted that either for you or someone else in the past.. both of 'em .
Sorry it wasn't for me. If it's not to inconvenient can you let me know the site. The pass by yardage accuracy very much interests me for the whole league. If not no prob.

I'll never understand why some feel that a QB rating of 90+ from 2014 - 2016) while playing behind one of the the worst OLs in the league is not proof enough that Tannehill is a very good QB.

I also don't understand the need to refer back to his 1st and 2nd years in the league when assessing his performance when there are much more recent performances available. When was the last time someone referred to QB ratings of 40, 75, and 57 when assessing Alex Smith?

Sorry it wasn't for me. If it's not to inconvenient can you let me know the site. The pass by yardage accuracy very much interests me for the whole league. If not no prob.
I'm working, I'll look later, but rest assured that this info was corroborated with witnesses on here.. it's not something I pulled out of my behind

I'm working, I'll look later, but rest assured that this info was corroborated with witnesses on here.. it's not something I pulled out of my behind
Want insinuating you did. I know you are an accurate long time poster which is why I even asked. Awesome if you can find the site no prob if you can't. It does just happen to be a stat I've been looking for. Thanks again.

Hey, man...props for a well-written post about Tanny and the presentation of information.

But that is not the book on Tannehill. It may be *your* book. But it is not *the* book.

And Tannehill is not the same QB he was in 2015.

Yes, it's my book on Tannehill, because everything we basically say is colored by opinion. But there are some facts. Like, two 6-win seasons, and three 8-win seasons in his career. It's reasonable for fans , and the FO office to say we are not convinced, to have that opinion.
I don't think he was better in 2016 than in 2014. I think 2014 was his best year. You can look at stats and say he was more efficient in 2016, he had better rating, more yards per attempt. But in 2014 he was a bigger part of the offense, had more attempts, and more TDs, more yards, rushing yards as well, he produced more for the team. It's not clear cut that he was better in 2014.
All indications are that he has reached a certain level and that is where he is at since 2014, first three years in his development.

Yes, it's my book on Tannehill, because everything we basically say is colored by opinion. But there are some facts. Like, two 6-win seasons, and three 8-win seasons in his career. It's reasonable for fans , and the FO office to say we are not convinced, to have that opinion.

You do realize that his most recent 8 win season was in 13 games, right? 8-5 is different than 8-8, right?

I don't think he was better in 2016 than in 2014. I think 2014 was his best year. You can look at stats and say he was more efficient in 2016, he had better rating, more yards per attempt. But in 2014 he was a bigger part of the offense, had more attempts, and more TDs, more yards, rushing yards as well, he produced more for the team. It's not clear cut that he was better in 2014.
All indications are that he has reached a certain level and that is where he is at since 2014, first three years in his development.

Really? "All indications". What would they be?

I see career highs in QB rating, completion %, and YPA in 2016. Those are all ABOVE the levels he reached in 2014. If you take the HC/OC at his word and believe that the first 5 games of 2016 were a growing period for most of the players on the offense, you can see the last 8 games were better still. He played over half a season with a QB rating over 100. That means he was still trending up well after you claim that "all indications" are that he had plateaued. Care to explain that?

Want insinuating you did. I know you are an accurate long time poster which is why I even asked. Awesome if you can find the site no prob if you can't. It does just happen to be a stat I've been looking for. Thanks again.
Thanks for that.. I have others buried more deeply in the bowels of one of 2 HDs, but for starters these should suffice on both metrics:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...atter-ryan-tannehill-struggles-under-pressure

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...best-deep-ball-thrower-via-deep-ball-project/

Really? "All indications". What would they be?

I see career highs in QB rating, completion %, and YPA in 2016. Those are all ABOVE the levels he reached in 2014. If you take the HC/OC at his word and believe that the first 5 games of 2016 were a growing period for most of the players on the offense, you can see the last 8 games were better still. He played over half a season with a QB rating over 100. That means he was still trending up well after you claim that "all indications" are that he had plateaued. Care to explain that?

Yes, really. You are repeating what I said already. No need for that. I already said he had better rating, completion percentage. Stats are available for everyone.
The opposite argument: In 2014 RT had more yards, more TDs, less interceptions per attempt, more rushing yards. He was a bigger part of the offense and produced more.
So if you extend the 2016 stats to 16 games you would get:
2014: 590 attempts, 66.4%, 4,045 yds, 27 TD, 12 INT, 46 SK
2016: 479 attempts, 67.1%, 3686 yds, 23 TD, 15 INT, 36 SK

It's close, without nitpicking to make a point. He's leveled off imo. Some may say he is better on efficiency, some may say not as good on production, but it's pretty much the same. And in the mean time he had a pull back year in 2015.
Stats speak. I am telling you what I see. Reasonable people can have different interpretations, but I do not see a big difference between the two Ryan Tannehills. To me he is that guy from 2014. He may have a little more succes, maybe a little less success in some years, but roughly that's it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom