The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Coming Great QB Competition, Draft and Free Agency Haul of 2020

I dont know what to tell you man. He got worse as the year went on last year. Hes thrown 66 attempts as a dolphin without a TD and 4 ints. I just dont think he's a franchise QB.

It's super easy to drop back and pass when the whole world knows you're going to. He also had two potential TD's dropped on Sunday against the NFL's best D. I guess I just have more patience than you when it comes to one of sports most important positions. I don't see a need to pass judgement week 3 when we have another 14 weeks to evaluate.

Another poster stating opinion as fact? Or do you have some insider info?

It doesn't take much to see what is going on here dude. This team isn't all of a sudden blowing it up for Josh Rosen to maybe be the guy. They're blowing it up because they've wanted Tua for a couple years now. Rosen is the cheapest back up qb in the NFL, and will be for 3 more years.

Then he either resigns with Miami, leaves for a comp pick in FA or Miami trades him for a pick or 2.

It's super easy to drop back and pass when the whole world knows you're going to. He also had two potential TD's dropped on Sunday against the NFL's best D. I guess I just have more patience than you when it comes to one of sports most important positions. I don't see a need to pass judgement week 3 when we have another 14 weeks to evaluate.

He also had 2 potential interceptions dropped. Garbage time passing it supposed to benefit the qb for stats and other BS like that, yet it's been the opposite for Rosen.

The biggest knock on Rosen is Kyler Murray came in week 1 and looked better than Rosen has in the NFL with the same trash can team.

Another poster stating opinion as fact? Or do you have some insider info?
They all have insider information. They talk to Flores and Grier everyday and they have told them: Yes we want to trade Rosen and we already decided in 1999 to draft Tua in 2020. We liked how he held his nerf ball when he was a toddler."

:chuckle:

The biggest knock on Rosen is Kyler Murray came in week 1 and looked better than Rosen has in the NFL with the same trash can team.

Yeah easy to see why they were so sure in moving on from Rosen for Murray. Kid looks legit.

Tua is a great prospect...but he also lines up with the best team around him every week...Rosen hasn’t ever had that luxury.

I’ve been saying this for a while. Not sold on Tua. Put him or Brady on this team and we still get smashed both games.

If NE is the example our staff emulates, I don't think high$ FAs are going to be in our future. More likely solid, proven players at a fair price.

Those top 3 in the league talents make good off season story lines, but they rarely make the difference that the contract would suggest.

This year it does...after this year no.

They will have plenty of cap to target some blue chip young talent...and O-line will need it for sure.

We cannot go into 2020 without a line again.

This here is exactly the thinking I hope our staff is not taking.

Though you could be, and probably are right, you can not assume that no matter what, you have to go with Tua...Trust me, deep inside, thinking about Tua being our QB deeply excites me also, but you can't be blinded to maybe Tua not being the best option.

What if Rosen comes in and starts lighting it up (Improbable considering our line, but not impossible).

What if one of the other QBs in College ends up looking better then Tua (Again, improbable, considering how it's looking right now, but not impossible).

Tua could also get hurt, stay in school, get caught up in something controversial, or even competing with Rosen in 2020, and failing to beat him.

Tua should be on the very top of the list of QBs if Miami gets the overall #1 pick with one of their #1s, and Rosen does not end up blowing people away this year, but Miami needs to have an open mind when they pick.

Herbert is actually playing very well... and is superior physically to Tua...it is far from a given Tua is the pick...especially if he get more injuries.

I’ve been saying this for a while. Not sold on Tua. Put him or Brady on this team and we still get smashed both games.
Rosen never won even in college. Stop with the excuses for him.

Herbert is actually playing very well... and is superior physically to Tua...it is far from a given Tua is the pick...especially if he get more injuries.
He is also Tannehill under pressure. That guy has bust written all over him.

He is also Tannehill under pressure. That guy has bust written all over him.

IMO there's little comparable between Thill and Herbert.

Herbert is a far more accomplished (experienced) QB than Ryan

coming out. I am not anointing Herbert but I think most see him as a

superior prospect vs. Thill... And (extra benefits) the kid is a great athlete.

Thill was an obvious reach and "speculation" at best by Ireland.

No reason to make that (IMO erroneous) comparison...

Last edited:
I’ve seen enough and don’t need or want you to tell me when it’s time for me to dismiss him as the savior of this franchise. :surr:

As I said... you may be right … also said …. It's silly to dismiss IMO … also said I respect your opinion.... no need to get feisty … we will see how it all works out

I'm hoping with all the draft picks we have acquired we are able to use them for players instead of having to use them to trade up ....

Back
Top Bottom