The Dallas Cowboys offer the Miami Dolphins... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dallas Cowboys offer the Miami Dolphins...

OP should be tarred and feathered for the thread title.

Stupid thread.
Sesame Street Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

You realize Dallas would eat 9.8mil in dead cap by trading Parsons, who they just drafted?

It's basically 2 1st and a 2nd for a corner, a position Dallas lets walk every few years if they ask for more than peanuts

Dallas would decline that

Ramsey is the ONLY outlier. find some other CB's that were traded for a 1st round pick + some. Revis was traded for only a 1st and 4th. Ramsey is also a more household name, as was Revis. there is a reason why X has so many INT's, Ramsey is a more shut down corner and QB's rarely throw his way.
Just saying, a first round pick isn’t out of the question for X

We must be pretty confident in the development of Igbo, so much so that we would have Byron Jones as our #1 CB. <---This after I witnessed far too many #2 WR's have him in the spin cycle. We are ready to win now...or at least are built to compete now. Losing X would set us back to some point in "rebuilding".

I'm gonna sit back and take it all in and hope that Flores remembers that he could get away with mediocre playmakers because he had Brady back there to cover the warts.
I think we have great depth in our secondary. X has injury and durability concerns. Despite this, and before last year when X had all of those interceptions, the Fo made him the highest paid corner in the league (for one year), and one year into his new deal he wants a new deal? The team can’t set that precedent, because then other players may try the same thing in the future. If we could get a 1 for X in next years draft, then we would have 4 first round picks in the next two drafts, plus lots of cap room from X’s contract getting off of our books. That doesn’t sound so bad to me. Our secondary will be better with a healthy X (his health isn’t guaranteed), but our secondary will still be plenty good without him, that’s how much depth we have there.

I mean my scenario here isn't impossible. Unproven rookie for the best CB in the league along with compensation. The cowboys wanted to draft a cb.
It is impossible. First and a second is good return. Throwing in a top prospect like Parsons would be a massive overpay. It'd probably be a 1 and 2 at best, or straight up for Parsons.

I think we have great depth in our secondary. X has injury and durability concerns. Despite this, and before last year when X had all of those interceptions, the Fo made him the highest paid corner in the league (for one year), and one year into his new deal he wants a new deal? The team can’t set that precedent, because then other players may try the same thing in the future. If we could get a 1 for X in next years draft, then we would have 4 first round picks in the next two drafts, plus lots of cap room from X’s contract getting off of our books. That doesn’t sound so bad to me. Our secondary will be better with a healthy X (his health isn’t guaranteed), but our secondary will still be plenty good without him, that’s how much depth we have there.
The team also shouldn't set precedent of paying the CB opposite you more money if he isn't better than you. Either way this goes, I'm pulling for Howard.

Whoever replaces X is going to get picked on A LOT

The team also shouldn't set precedent of paying the CB opposite you more money if he isn't better than you. Either way this goes, I'm pulling for Howard.

If we went with your analogy, then we would never pay anyone differently.

Did you even consider that was what your approach leads to?

Oh, it's based on who is better. Who makes that decision, you or the GM!

Please note that the contract "X" signed was based on cash to be paid, not who was rated in the top 10 or top 20.

THINK!

Just saying, a first round pick isn’t out of the question for X

Its not, and that should be the goal if we do trade X. But teams are going to be nervous to trade away a cheap 1st round pick on a rookie deal for a few years + satisfy Howard to make him the highest paid CB on a new deal. Most on here would lose their $hit if the Dolphins traded a 1st for a 28 year old CB (with injury history) and then made him the highest paid CB - That sounds like a Mike Tannebaum type move.

I have not seen one respectable article anywhere that has X as even top 3 in the league …

But give me multiple picks with one a 1st and I’d be totally down with it ….

Its not, and that should be the goal if we do trade X. But teams are going to be nervous to trade away a cheap 1st round pick on a rookie deal for a few years + satisfy Howard to make him the highest paid CB on a new deal. Most on here would lose their $hit if the Dolphins traded a 1st for a 28 year old CB (with injury history) and then made him the highest paid CB - That sounds like a Mike Tannebaum type move.
You can make the same argument for even thinking about redoing his contract ….. why ???

Back
Top Bottom