The Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry has some cryptic tweets. Let’s try to make sense of them | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins’ Jarvis Landry has some cryptic tweets. Let’s try to make sense of them

Lol I don't care enough nor have the patience to break down his tweets. If he wants to go, he can go. How's that for analysis? No need to handle your business in public. These millenials, man.

Actually, we've already seen what happens when the Dolphins lose their most valuable player on offense. We've just seen 16 games of it.

giphy.gif

Landry's a good player, but at this point, I'm more than willing to see if Jakeem Grant can play slot.
I'm a huge Grant fan, but we will definitely miss Landry if he moves on.

IMHO, the plan isn't going to be to replace him with another slot per set. I think the plan would be to build up the TE position and play 1 TE most of the time and 2 TE's fairly often. Gase wants a seam mismatch at TE, and he needs a versatile guy with size who can pass-protect, run block, and be a red zone target. I think that Gase wouldn't have ever drafted Landry because he is speed-limited. But, he's a heck of a player, with strong motivational leadership skills, so Gase used him to the fullest. But, I will not be at all surprised if Gase phases him out in favor of a seam threat TE and a lot of 2 TE sets.

Prepare to invest in the TE position in both the draft and free agency. Just a hunch.

Well, remember when Gase in his presser said his "best players" didn't take their work home and study football? And that was after the game where Landry took a couple of option routes straight into coverage and Moore actually threw em correctly, so they were way off?

And then we saw that Gase admitted he was dumbing down the offense because "his best players" couldn't be trusted with the offense but he wanted to get them the ball? Look at how we use Landry with all the damn screens and flares just to get him the ball.

All I'm saying is, I think there's a strong correlation there. More than the dumb personal fouls or perceived value, it's the reason why I'm OK with the team moving on from Landry. If the choice is between Gase running his offense to its highest potential, or Miami having 'sparkplug' Jarvis Landry, I think I am going to choose Gase on this one.

I guess where I'm at on this subject is that I agree Jarvis Landry is a good football player, but i don't think he is a great one. But he wants to be paid like he is...
Gase was talking about Ajayi in that presser.

The Steelers are great at not overpaying for a talented but not dominant WR. Each time they let someone go, the media says it is a mistake. Yet, they keep making the correct moves. Here in Miami, we lost Welker because we lowballed him. It wasn't very long ago that we failed to extend Miller and Vernon, and saw them become priced out of the market. I have a feeling Landry will be gone, but if he stays, it's almost guaranteed that we eat an albatross contract. The time to re-sign him was a season or two ago, when he was reasonably priced. Any decision we make now is going to be a bad choice.

Let's face it, our front office isn't the Steelers or Packers, and we don't keep our nucleus in tact very often. Although, that has changed somewhat in the Gase era.

Its funny - If Jakeem Grant got 100 passes thrown to him this season, how many TDs do you think he would have?

Landry had 112 catches for 987 yards and a 9 TDS for a 8.8 yard YPC average.

Grant had 13 catches for 203 yards and 65 yards and 2 TDS for a 15.6 average.

101 more catches for Landry yet only 7 more TDS. Our offense revolves around a prima donna slot receiver that is limited in the routes he runs. Sounds like the key to a successful offense.

If you're trying to compare Grant to Landry you must be delusional. I like Grant but I doubt he's ever gonna do much for us.

I'm not comparing Landry to Grant. I'm comparing the absurd ration of his catches to TDs.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the argument on FH for not paying him (roughly 6-9 months ago) that he didn’t score enough TDs?

That was also the argument for resigning Stills. He scored so many TDs that we would be lucky to replace that production.

So now that Landry has put up double his previous TD catches for the season, he still doesn’t deserve it. Not saying I’d sign him to a 5/$75mil but I’d go as far as to offer 5/65 as a final offer.

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the argument on FH for not paying him (roughly 6-9 months ago) that he didn’t score enough TDs?

That was also the argument for resigning Stills. He scored so many TDs that we would be lucky to replace that production.

So now that Landry has put up double his previous TD catches for the season, he still doesn’t deserve it. Not saying I’d sign him to a 5/$75mil but I’d go as far as to offer 5/65 as a final offer.

Bingo.

I'm a huge Grant fan, but we will definitely miss Landry if he moves on.

IMHO, the plan isn't going to be to replace him with another slot per set. I think the plan would be to build up the TE position and play 1 TE most of the time and 2 TE's fairly often. Gase wants a seam mismatch at TE, and he needs a versatile guy with size who can pass-protect, run block, and be a red zone target. I think that Gase wouldn't have ever drafted Landry because he is speed-limited. But, he's a heck of a player, with strong motivational leadership skills, so Gase used him to the fullest. But, I will not be at all surprised if Gase phases him out in favor of a seam threat TE and a lot of 2 TE sets.

Prepare to invest in the TE position in both the draft and free agency. Just a hunch.

Mike T swings for Graham, especially if Landry leaves just watch. Although he is more a red zone target probably at this point but it’s a name so...

Landry is an exciting player. Is he a consistent difference maker - no. For that money give me a top quality TE and put someone serviceable in the slot and let Landry go. Fine with that. We should not be paying big money for a slot receiver.

Back
Top Bottom