**The Fire Larry Coker Thread** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Fire Larry Coker Thread**

MikeO said:
Oh they can make a turnaround. But they will NEVER (yes NEVER) be at the level they once were.

Which was year in and year out preseason Top 10 and a national title contender. Those days are over. THey are no longer a national power and won't be.

Thanks Mr. Swami. :rolleyes:

Your rambling on about this without making any decent points.

Many programs go through cycles.
All it takes is a good coach/recruiter to come in and everything changes. S. FL. is a talent laden area and one that can support a top program.

Based on your comment on Nebraska I take it your saying that Nebraska will NEVER be a top team again either?

Just want to get all the teams on your "never again" list straight.

UF Fin Kat said:
well i just saw on ESPNEWS that kirby freeman will start this weekend. did i see that right?
yeah..Kyle has an injuried finger

I talked to Antonio Dixon (#96 for the hurricanes),High school teammate of mine and he told me they want to win this game for Pata...he was one of the leaders on defense and he was respected by all his teammates..I know it will be hard for the guys to play it

305TillIDie said:
yeah..Kyle has an injured finger

I talked to Antonio Dixon (#96 for the hurricanes),High school teammate of mine and he told me they want to win this game for Pata...he was one of the leaders on defense and he was respected by all his teammates..I know it will be hard for the guys to play it
A hang-nail?

JK, sorry but that was the first thing that came to mind when I heard that. LOL. I know a bad finger will mess up a QB bad... So don't blast me me for it...

edit: on the second comment... that would be really cool for the team to pull together like that.

God I just hope Coker is done

4 losses (probally another to come)
No ACC championship
Off the field we are a total mess
We have gotten worse every year he was here

He should be done

Alex44 said:
God I just hope Coker is done

4 losses (probally another to come)
No ACC championship
Off the field we are a total mess
We have gotten worse every year he was here

He should be done

Yea if he is here more than a week after the season I will be mad as hell. Shalala needs to have his replacement ready as I type this post. The earlier the better, we need the next head coach ready to go for recruiting.

MikeO said:
Oh they can make a turnaround. But they will NEVER (yes NEVER) be at the level they once were.

Which was year in and year out preseason Top 10 and a national title contender. Those days are over. THey are no longer a national power and won't be.

Could you conceivably be more misguided? I submit that you could not. Something almost exactly like this happened before.

If the Hurricanes can come back from NCAA sanctions, Dennis Erickson, and a 7-4 season in 1997, they can certainly come back from this.

Who is the frontrunner to replace Larry Coker? Does anybody here know?

PHANTASTIC 13 said:
Who is the frontrunner to replace Larry Coker? Does anybody here know?

There are no real frontrunners because the people up top won't even confirm that Coker's out let alone leak potential candidates. The word on the street however is that the following guys will be looked at:

Randy Shannon (I don't see it happening)

Greg Schiano (will stay at Rutgers I think)

Tommy Tuberville (same as Schiano I say)

Gary Richt (yuck, I don't want him)

Barry Alvarez (please god no. I don't think he'll take a step down to HC though. Wouldn't mind him as our new AD)

Butch Davis (I don't see it happening)

Gary Patterson (I wouldn't mind him)

Gene Chizik (my top choice)

I may be forgetting a few people.

Yet another nail in a coffin that has been shut tight for weeks now.

Serious Question----Miami is 5-5. 2 games left, they only gotta win 1 to go to a bowl. I can't see them beating BOSTON COLLEGE. The other game is at Virigina.

How possible is it that Miami won't go to a bowl???? Even as bad as Miami is and as hard on them as I have been, I thought they would at least qualify for a bowl. A crappy bowl, but a bowl. Now I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom