The future of FA signings in Miami | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The future of FA signings in Miami

As far as I have read, that was the proposal, but has not been approved by the NFLPA. Doesn't surprise me that the owners start off with a low ball offer.

All I'm saying is there is wiggle room. I don't care either way, as it sits now, a lower cap is probably to the Phins benifit. They can deal with it easier that many other teams.
I think we can comfortably operate knowing the floor is 175M. But I personally think it will be more.
Edit: yes I agree at the floor we are in better position than most other teams

I said the other day Cox is going to be a cap causality in Philly. I would definitely make an offer.

Over the cap did a an article on the 2021 possible salary cap that I posted in the club. I have posted in that thread in case anyone is interested or wants to revisit it. :ffic:

Last edited:
Keep in mind that Brady took lower pay raises for 20 years, knowing the money he didn't get was what was keeping him standing and scoring. Even then he wasn't "under paid".
While this may be true, I don't see anyone at the top of their position coming here for a discount. If Tua is foolish enough to not maximize his earning potential in his prime years, oh well, better for us.

Over the cap did a an article on the 2021 possible salary cap that I posted in the club. I have posted in that thread in case anyone is interested or wants to revisit it. :ffic:
I took a look at the thread you made in the Club. Thanks for doing that. Looks like a disaster at $175m and a bit better at $190m league wide. But not as good as the estimated $240m once estimated for 2021, pre Covid.

Point is, those teams needing the most work at $190m cap figure are going to need to cut some huge contracts and very good players. Miami will have a chance, to sign some of those quality players. And if need be, they may look to trim some fat from their own? Does your figures include Jordan Howard's cap numbers?

Last edited:
I took a look at the thread you made in the Club. Thanks for doing that. Looks like a disaster at $175m and a bit better at $190m league wide. But not as good as the estimated $240m once estimated for 2021, pre Covid.

Point is, those teams needing the most work at $190m cap figure are going to need to cut some huge contracts and very good players. Miami will have a chance, to sign some of those quality players. And if need be they may look to trim some fat from their own? Does your figures include Jordan Howard's cap numbers?
Brother those cap numbers would reflect Howard's numbers included. Let me check to see if I can find revised. If I can I will post them in the Club thread. :ffic:

Also, I see Tua not demanding the top contract in the NFL..

His demeanor isn't that of a guy that wants that..

Maybe I'm wrong.

If he plays up to his abilities, he will make Mahomes contract look silly. And it should. No way you leave millions on the table.

Back
Top Bottom