***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 387 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next years Miami Heat lineup

PG- Jason Williams
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Dorell Wright/James Posey
PF- Free Agent/Haslem
C- Shaq/Mourning

Thats how I want to see things shakedown

Wright and Wade are good friends, and Wright is going to be a STAR

icephinfan said:
Hell yeah, I also saw the play where he took a nasty fall, my heart sank:eek:
Wade gets knocked down and gets up, to perform better and better.

Im starting to see him fall and just say 'he will be back'

He is the same as me in a way, Finish what you start, and always get back on your feet

Now if only I had his skill Id be set

Alex22 said:
Next years Miami Heat lineup

PG- Jason Williams
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - Dorell Wright/James Posey
PF- Free Agent/Haslem
C- Shaq/Mourning

Thats how I want to see things shakedown

Wright and Wade are good friends, and Wright is going to be a STAR

Add K-Mart to the list:D

icephinfan said:
Add K-Mart to the list:D

People laughed at me when I said Heat in 5 games

WHOS LAUGHING NOW :yes: :ffic:

Assuming we win game 5 :lol:

They laughed at me the same when I said Vince Young would run for at least 100 pass for 200 and single handedly tear up USC

Alex22 said:
People laughed at me when I said Heat in 5 games

WHOS LAUGHING NOW :yes: :ffic:

Assuming we win game 5 :lol:

They laughed at me the same when I said Vince Young would run for at least 100 pass for 200 and single handedly tear up USC

Don't get to ahead of yourself, well unless you know for sure then it's okay.:lol:

Stud of last nights game:

Dwyane Wade, Heat
Like Michael Jordan in the old days, he's becoming a royal pain for Detroit. Wade had 31 points, six rebounds, five assists, two steals and two blocks as the Heat downed the Pistons in Game 4 to take a commanding 3-1 series lead. Showing the same patience and grit that His Airness used to display against the Bad Boys, Wade hit 8-of-11 shots from the floor and 15-of-19 from the foul line. He even got knocked to the floor several times like MJ, including one dazzling effort in which he weaved through the lane, drew a foul and sank an acrobatic shot while landing on his back.

Dud of last nights game:

Richard Hamilton, Pistons
Let's just say he'll be glad to get out of Miami. Hamilton scored just 11 points (on 4-of-15 shooting) to go with one rebound, one assist and five turnovers as the Pistons once again failed to get their offense untracked. It was the second straight sub-par shooting performance for the All-Star shooting guard, who hit just 6-of-15 attempts in Game 3. Hamilton compounded his woeful night by failing to do much defensively to slow Wade, and then committing a bonehead flagrant foul in the final minute that sealed Detroit's fate. Rasheed Wallace was disappointing (again) as well, but we don't expect it from Rip.

Play of Last nights game:

Shaq Attack
Wade might be the Heat's human highlight reel, but Shaquille O'Neal showed he could bring down the house as well. Late in the first half, the 7-foot-1 giant stepped out to swat Hamilton's jumper some 20 feet from the basket. He then collected the ball and took off downcourt, dribbling it twice with long strides to beat Lindsey Hunter to the rim before deftly converting the layup to give the Heat a 38-28 lead. Ever the showman, Shaq (21 points) then sashayed downcourt with his arms out as the AmericanAirlines Arena crowd went wild. As nimble as Shaq looked in Game 4, those Heat fans might soon have more to celebrate.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/playoffs/2006/05/29/fast.breaks2/index.html

phunwin said:
Believe me, I don't want to trade Rip, but I think that the team needs a big move, and a trade of (essentially) Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton for KG is what they'd need. And that's probably what it would take to get Garnett.

Phunwin, I will tell you WHO you need to trade. Trust me on this..I have no axe to grind here, I am just playing Pistons GM.

Trade Sheed. He is a total stiff. A mental midget. he should be a 20 point scorer and a dominant force in the paint. The heat has out worked him to get position and deny him the ball on the block. If you watch him...he will work for position on one trip..get it denied...then give up on the possesion. Then the next trip..same thing...after 4 or 5 times...he QUITS for the game. It's as if he expects everybody to just give him his spot on the block, and as soon as somebody is actually denying him that spot..he pouts and quits. (and he doesn't try to compensate with another part of his game)

As for Rip, and Ben for KG....that would be an awful trade for the Wolves...now..if you say Sheed, and Rip...I think you got a trade.

As for the series being "over" it's NOT. You gotta win 4. I want to see the corpse. I smell a dead body, but I haven't seen it. I just need confirmation. Gotta get it on Wednesday night.

Wade gets knocked down and gets up, to perform better and better.

Its just like the Converse commercial: ''Fall down 7 times, get up 8.''

FYI:pat Riley is 11-0 when leading a playoff series 3-1.

Being at the game yesterday, Watching wade take over like he did in the 2nd and 4th quarter is so much more amazing in person.

That flagrant foul on rip looked so bad in person im not sure how it looked on TV though, but wade his the floor hard.

Before the start of game three of the Det-Mia. Greg Anthony made a commit about D-Wade stating the obvious pertaining to Richard Hamilton’s off the ball antics (bumping and grabbing) on the defensive end of the floor. He said and I quote, “Richard Hamilton is every bit of the player Dwyane Wade is.” He went on to say that D-Wade should stop complaining and just play ball. I agree, I really hate to hear guys do a bunch of complaining, just make the proper adjustments and let your play say the rest, (35pts on 11 of 17 shooting) and that is just what Wade did, he let his play say the rest. Greg Anthony is an obvious hater of the Heat; I mean this guy felt like the Bulls were going to upset the Heat in the first round. Next, he had the Nets to win in six, and gave the Heat no chance against the Pistons. Rip is a good player a solid two guard, but Anthony being a former NBA player should know the difference between an all-star and a super-star. For Anthony to say that RIP is every bit of the player Wade is and his bias analysis when it comes to the Heat is every bit of proof needed to say that Greg for some reason dislikes Wade and the Heat.

Not so much as hates Wade and the Heat... as much as it is that he just sweats the Pistons...

Mourning: Heat must have sense of urgency

Alonzo Mourning is a veteran who has seen it all in the NBA. That is why after the Miami Heat's 89-78 victory over the Pistons at AmericanAirlines Arena on Monday night, he talked about being cautious.

He does not want his teammates thinking too far ahead after taking a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference finals against the Pistons. The job is not done and in his eyes there is plenty of basketball remaining.

"Everyone here should have a sense of urgency," Mourning said. "That includes Shaq. There is a lot of pride in that locker room in Detroit. They are not going to lay down for us. The last thing they want is to have us celebrate on their home floor. It won't be easy."

This team is run by Shaquille O'Neal. Wade is the captain in waiting. But Mourning is the dad who dishes out fatherly advice, love and scoldings.
"No one has a right to talk about playing in the NBA Finals," he scolded. "They have not been there."

He's been through more than any other player in the NBA after nearly having his career cut short in 2002 because of focal glomerulosclerosis, which attacked his kidneys. Mourning needed a kidney transplant and it was feared he'd never play again while he sat out the 2002-03 season.

During his time away from the game, Mourning developed a philosophy that he passes along to every young player.

"The day you set foot in this league the clock is ticking for you to get out."
In other words savor every moment and play every game as if it is your last. That is the approach Mourning, 36, takes.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060530/SPORTS0102/605300398/1127

Exactly. The Heat cannot let up just because they are up 3-1. They need to come out with the same intensity. I love how Walker has been playing in these Playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom