***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 910 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
FinNasty said:
The quote in my sig is from an article from an article in the Miami Herald...

But the "Where theres a will... theres a Wade..." is just something I put in my sig. I think its the best slogan you could think of for Wade... even better than the "Fall down seven times... get up eight..." :cooldude:
I like it alot better too alot better... because ''fall down seven times... get up eight.'', well i dont even get it, if you fall down 7 times, you can only get up 7 but ok lol.

Blueprint said:
Newest Chad Ford report has the New York Knicks selecting Guillermo Diaz or Rajon Rondo & trading the rights of that player to the Miami Heat for G/F Dorell Wright. Now, I'd have a huge problem with a Wright-for-Diaz swap, but Rondo is very tempting as the future PG. Problem is, I highly doubt New Jersey, who would love to add a young, athletic PG to groom behind Jason Kidd, passes on Rondo. I like G-Diaz & I think he's gonna be a good player, but I wouldn't give up Dorell Wright for him. Actually, I wouldn't trade Dorell Wright for any of the two. I'd probably give up Wayne Simien though, and to me, Simien would fit NY's needs more than another swingman, don't you think? :confused:

I like Diaz a lot though, even though I may prefer Rondo since he's a true PG type. When Diaz gets hot, man, it's not a pretty scene for the opposing teams. He can really light it up. But to me, sometimes he tends to get "too much" into his rhythm and shoot from the outside when the inside is wide open to take it to the basket, and he's a pretty strong guard.

ive been hinking lately wh the heat can go after and ofcourse being a miami boy i thought about diaz.....but for dorrell i wouldnt do it.....dorell has been in the league for 2 yrs and i think he has a heck of alot of upside...riley wuldnt do that for a guy like diaz who's not a sure thing....i like simien alot too....always great to have a big boy inside.....i dont know...its always exciting to get a player but i dont ant to trade either one of those guys

Blueprint said:
He jacked this bit of info from Jonathon G. of Draft Express. I wouldn't give up Dorell Wright, but with the way Haslem has come on and the fact that Toine often plays PF, I'd give up Wayne Simien for Guillermo Diaz or Rajon Rondo, even though I like Simien a lot.

OT, well kind've - Am I the only dude in the world who likes the potential of DEE BROWN??

Why not give up Simien if you can get a first rounder for him? Hes never going to make it on the court in Miami. I dont want Rondo anywhere near Miami...that guy has been the biggest waste of talent Kentucky has ever seen. Fortunately someone will fall in love with that crossover and he should be gone long before the end of the first.

Diaz or Douby make a lot of sense. Pair them with Wade and let him take the PG duties....that would form a lethal backcourt. But only for Simien. Wright is far too valuable to give up for undersized shooting guards.

I wouldn't give up Dorrell for Diaz, I would think about giving him up for Rondo, but even then I'd probably pass. The things they are saying about Dorrell right now remind me so much of what they used to say about Tmac, Pippen, etc. early in their careers. If he fulfills half his potential, he could be the sidekick Wade needs for Post-Shaq success and Championships.

Not to mention, he's Wade's best friend. We do NOT need to piss off Wade just days before we try to sign him to an extension.

Blueprint said:
OT, well kind've - Am I the only dude in the world who likes the potential of DEE BROWN??

I like him alot too. Especially at the price he's going for. If we could wrangle a second rounder out of someone, we could probably take him there. I think he has starting potential after he'd spend a few years backing up white chocolate.

Man, I wouldn't want to see Dorell go he has alot of talent. I wonder if we will trade somebody to get a pick in this year's draft.

FinNasty said:
Looks like Posey was given an extention on his deadline... Sounds like good news to me...
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/basketball/14908535.htm

I think Posey opts out & signs a 4-year deal with Miami for about $5-6 million per year. It wouldn't break into our MLE because he's one of our own. Personally, I think that's the best thing for Posey and for the Heat. We'd have him coming off the books the same year as Shaq too. I don't think he'd get much on the market, but he's unselfish anyways. All he keeps talking about is defending the title, and it wouldn't be right trying to do so without him.

My main concern tonight is just hoping we keep Dorell Wright. We can trade into the second round without moving him, and I think Guillermo Diaz falls. If not Diaz, then Dee Brown or Daniel Gibson or even Allan Ray (this guy reminds me so much of GILBERT ARENAS).

Dorell Wright would've gone top 5-10 in this draft, maybe even top 3 with 2-years of NCAA hoops.

Maynard said:
i would have looked to replace posey, but thats me

REPLACE Posey? Man, you must not of watched a single Heat game this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom