***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 911 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueprint said:
REPLACE Posey? Man, you must not of watched a single Heat game this year...
im not a heat fan. i dont have a high regard for posey at all

7 point, 5 rebounds/ game season average...you shouldnt try to upgrade?

Maynard said:
im not a heat fan. i dont have a high regard for posey at all

7 point, 5 rebounds/ game season average...you shouldnt try to upgrade?
No, because stats don't tell the story for all players - stats are overrated. Besides, look how many shots the guy took; he's a very, very unselfish player.

James Posey gives high energy, GREAT outside shooting, and he's one of the BEST perimeter defenders in the NBA. He's a fantastic player. Did you see how he defended the perimeter in the playoffs? He's 6'8 and he locked Dirk down when Haslem was injured or in foul trouble. If you look at Udonis Haslem - his stats are not great at all but he's another excellent player.

Miami doesn't need to do anything but inject the backup PG spot with some youth.

Blueprint said:
No, because stats don't tell the story for all players - stats are overrated. Besides, look how many shots the guy took; he's a very, very unselfish player.

James Posey gives high energy, GREAT outside shooting, and he's one of the BEST perimeter defenders in the NBA. He's a fantastic player. Did you see how he defended the perimeter in the playoffs? He's 6'8 and he locked Dirk down when Haslem was injured or in foul trouble. If you look at Udonis Haslem - his stats are not great at all but he's another excellent player.

Miami doesn't need to do anything but inject the backup PG spot with some youth.
i understand your point. they have good energy and stepped up big in game 6.

between haslem, posey, and walker i would look to get rid of one or two of those guys and get someone who is more versatile on offense

Maynard said:

between haslem, posey, and walker i would look to get rid of one or two of those guys and get someone who is more versatile on offense
Walker & Posey both play two positions, and Haslem is just the perfect compliment for Shaquille O'Neal. :confused:

But I'd actually love to see Walker traded for some youth. Probably not happening until the final year of his contract though. Posey & Haslem's are "must have" players for defending this title. Nonetheless, we don't really have a "true" shooter on this team, but Posey is our best.

Miami is fine, I'd of just liked to see us offer a future pick to snatch Guillermo Diaz.

Hey guys, I was pulling for the Heat big time in the Playoffs. 1st round through the finals.

But the Orlando Magic are my favorite team. And I think we'll finish a solid 2nd to the Heat in the division this year and make the playoffs.

What do yall think?

DolphinDevil28 said:
Hey guys, I was pulling for the Heat big time in the Playoffs. 1st round through the finals.

But the Orlando Magic are my favorite team. And I think we'll finish a solid 2nd to the Heat in the division this year and make the playoffs.

What do yall think?
Wizards > Magic in the division this year

:wink:

DolphinDevil28 said:

What do yall think?
the magic are a real unknown in my view. i see the potential, but a lot of things have to fall into place.

i think augustine was a nice pick. i was never high on reddick

i dont know anything about the israeli, but they have had some guys in the past that played for uconn like nadav henefeld and doron sheffer that could have easily played in the NBA but chose not to

Maynard said:

Seriously Maynard...not to pile on...but I WILL.

Posey is one of the most important players on this team.

As for "getting rid" of anybody to "help" our offense....

Two things:

The Heat has plenty of offense...4th in the league...#1 in FG%...

Why get "rid" of anybody? Winning the championship wasn't enough? Do we need to sweep every round now?

This team needs a youth injection at the backup PG...and add one swing defender/shooter off the bench....

As for youth..Simien and Wright are going to be contributors very soon....as in...next year.

Section126 said:
Seriously Maynard...not to pile on...but I WILL.

Posey is one of the most important players on this team.

As for "getting rid" of anybody to "help" our offense....

Two things:

The Heat has plenty of offense...4th in the league...#1 in FG%...

Why get "rid" of anybody? Winning the championship wasn't enough? Do we need to sweep every round now?

This team needs a youth injection at the backup PG...and add one swing defender/shooter off the bench....

As for youth..Simien and Wright are going to be contributors very soon....as in...next year.
its not piling on, just a difference of opinion.

i dont think posey is anything special. if you think you'll be fine with him, then so be it

dominizzo said:
Section looks like its time to close off this thread!!
We can continue it next year

Hell NO!

This thread stays here for the off-season....this is a celebration thread now.

When NBA training camp opens...this thread should retire straight to flipper's finest.

Then I will start the Official Miami RE-HEAT Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom