The NFL just forced me out... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL just forced me out...

Had nfl ticket for years but it costs way too much
1. So tired of hearing this from people. Just screams whiney and cheap. You can't go see 1 game for $300. You get roughly 180 at your choice throughout the year. People who think it should be $100-150 and/or cheaper and able to just pick your favorite team have no clue about the technology required to implement that (especially in days of satellite) a la cart idea nor the Financials behind the provider. If someone pays $3 billion for the ticket on a 5yr deal and offers it for $125, they'll need 4.8 million subscribers per year just to break even. Sunday Ticket has never been even remotely close to that number of subscribers! Much of the US still has poor internet ability to stream, BTW.
2. You're not getting it cheaper under the upcoming deal, it's part of the contract with the networks .....and you're not going to get it lumped in at no cost even if you already have an Apple/Prime/etc. Membership.
3. Google has just recently jumped in with a hard push to potentially get the deal.

1. So tired of hearing this from people. Just screams whiney and cheap. You can't go see 1 game for $300. You get roughly 180 at your choice throughout the year. People who think it should be $100-150 and/or cheaper and able to just pick your favorite team have no clue about the technology required to implement that (especially in days of satellite) a la cart idea nor the Financials behind the provider. If someone pays $3 billion for the ticket on a 5yr deal and offers it for $125, they'll need 4.8 million subscribers per year just to break even. Sunday Ticket has never been even remotely close to that number of subscribers! Much of the US still has poor internet ability to stream, BTW.
2. You're not getting it cheaper under the upcoming deal, it's part of the contract with the networks .....and you're not going to get it lumped in at no cost even if you already have an Apple/Prime/etc. Membership.
3. Google has just recently jumped in with a hard push to potentially get the deal.
Not to mention how many buy over priced team merch, have 2 or 3 fantasy teams with buy ins and gamble on football in general. I’d rather just watch the games for my $300.

The Office Finger Guns GIF

I'm a dinosaur; I don't do that fancy hi-tech magic spell-casting stuff and wouldn't know how to do it even if I wanted to! I watch games on my computer with a 24" monitor. And, if I would ever replace my broken 40" TV here in my basement, then I could run an HDMI cable to the TV and watch on a bigger screen.
It isn't fancy high tech. It is how the world operates today. If ppl let the world pass them by, who's fault is that? I'm pretty old myself, but I wouldn't drive a model A to work every day.

I don't use my phone like everyone else does. I don't download apps (except for a very limited few), I don't stream/save music, and I sure as heck don't browse the internet, shop, or do banking on it! My smart phone is for texting, making calls, taking photos, and occasionally watching a youtube video... that's it.
Perhaps you might consider expanding your usage. A phone is not just a device to talk on anymore. It is a tool, or rather a bundle of tools. If you don't want to avail yourself of them, that's fine but you are just complaining for no good reason when everything for which you are asking is readily available to you.

No offense, I just do not understand the mentality.

You can only cast to your TV if the app on your phone/ipad has that capability. Youtube supports it. Don't know of many more that do. I know Yahoo sports doesn't allow it. You have to watch on device.
If you can get it to your phone, you can get it to your TV. It may require 3rd party software, but it is not difficult with a little self education.

So after reading through this, does this mean places like b-dubs (Buffalo wild wings) won't be able to show the games live anymore?

I’m local, but I watch football all day on Sundays so I miss Sunday Ticket. I won’t do business with DirecTV.

Really hoping to see Sunday Ticket land with Amazon.
Strong rumor it’s going to Apple

Had nfl ticket for years but it costs way too much
I’ve negotiated it almost every year since 1998 to watch the Fins. This is the only reason I’ve kept Directv so long. I will negotiate it one more time (this season) and then I am reefing the dish off the side of my house and punting it into the nearest river.

Wonder if Directv will be in much of a negotiating mood in their last year of Sunday Ticket?? 🤣

I've been saying this for years! Before all of the on-line stuff, cable companies could have cut a deal with the NFL. If it's possible to have pay-per-view available for big sporting events (Boxing, WrestleMania, UFC, etc.) and on-demand movies, then customers should be able to see whichever game they want (that isn't televised locally) for a small fee. This could have been a big money-maker for them. I would NEVER spend hundreds of dollars for Sunday Ticket just to see one game every week... that's ridiculous! Doesn't the NFL realize that not all Dolphins fans (for example) live in the Miami area? There are probably millions of fans across the country that couldn't watch their favorite team because they don't live in that market, and I'd bet that they would have paid a few bucks each week just for the opportunity to watch the game they want.

But no... instead of making tons of extra money, they even went so far as to make dumb rules about which games are televised, and where. Game Pass was the first logical thing the League did. Sure, you have to wait until the game is over, but then you could watch EVERY game! I used to watch the Fins game on unreliable streams, but there were no replays if you couldn't be available when the game was on. For many years I had to work every weekend, and never even had the chance to see Miami play unless I took off from work when Miami had a nationally televised game. I would have jumped on Game Pass back then; I'd work Saturday night, sleep during the day on Sunday, work Sunday night, and then could have watched the replay of the game when I got home Monday morning. Before, I never cared about watching any game other than the Fins. With Game Pass, I could watch a condensed game or two of Miami's upcoming opponent to get an idea of how Miami might match up against them.

And today, as quoted above, we fans should also be able to see live, out-of-market games on the new Game Pass.
You wouldn’t spend $320 a year (using round numbers) to see Miami 16 times a year (yes it’s 17 now)??

$20 a game? And this is pre negotiated.

When a big UFC or boxing fight is $100 and might last five minutes?

$20 a game to see my Fins is worth it. This is why I had Sunday Ticket for 25 years. Fins up!!

I love Game Pass... I can watch every Dolphins game, and any other game I want after they're over. Now, the NFL has changed Game Pass to NFL+, but NFL+ (or Premium) will only let me see live games that are televised in my local area. This means that I will lose the ability to see Miami every week. I give up.
That really sucks. I'm assessing my options right now. DAZN have the rights here in Canada, but they've lost the Premier League rights so I'm paying $200 a year for just the NFL games really and some Rugby. I've had to sub to fuboTV for the PL. So it's costing me $40 a month now for the same thing I paid $20 last year for. How is this helping the consumers. Governments in all countries need to look at regulating the streaming services industries in my view I pay for xbox games pass and the new premium PlayStation plus. Couple this with Netflix and Disney plus and I must be paying close to $200 a month on top of my regular cable/internet/phone bills. No wonder I'm broke :p

Exactly this ^^^^

It’s 20 a game! I used to go to a bar In Seattle ((Charlie Macs by SeaTac because they were the only place that had all the games in the 90s before Directv made it to homes) and would spend that or more at the bar! Come on people. And this was for 10am Dolphins games pacific time!!!

Back
Top Bottom