The NFL just forced me out... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The NFL just forced me out...

Im not saying its a bad deal overall, im just saying its too expensive for me to afford at this stage in my life.

1. So tired of hearing this from people. Just screams whiney and cheap. You can't go see 1 game for $300. You get roughly 180 at your choice throughout the year. People who think it should be $100-150 and/or cheaper and able to just pick your favorite team have no clue about the technology required to implement that (especially in days of satellite) a la cart idea nor the Financials behind the provider. If someone pays $3 billion for the ticket on a 5yr deal and offers it for $125, they'll need 4.8 million subscribers per year just to break even. Sunday Ticket has never been even remotely close to that number of subscribers! Much of the US still has poor internet ability to stream, BTW.
2. You're not getting it cheaper under the upcoming deal, it's part of the contract with the networks .....and you're not going to get it lumped in at no cost even if you already have an Apple/Prime/etc. Membership.
3. Google has just recently jumped in with a hard push to potentially get the deal.

Yea except the problem is Direct TV hasn't had a history of being reliable. Had them from 2007 to 2015, currently again have them - lets just say i'm not surprised to see that I still can't stream games on my computers (despite working since week 3 with them last year) and they still cant fix the issue.

Direct TV has been horrible since AT & T bought them, but they had pre-existing issues as well

I wanted to watch Dan. Stupid that they only go back to '12. They've already cleaned up the games for re-airing on NFLN
Bro...YouTube has that...some games even have commercials for nostalgia of the era...is it HD quality? No...but I grew up watching them with bunny ears on the tv so its all good ...full seasons of Dan ...no issues and its FREE

I’ve negotiated it almost every year since 1998 to watch the Fins. This is the only reason I’ve kept Directv so long. I will negotiate it one more time (this season) and then I am reefing the dish off the side of my house and punting it into the nearest river.

Wonder if Directv will be in much of a negotiating mood in their last year of Sunday Ticket?? 🤣
Me too. Just got a notification in the mail that they are giving me Sunday Ticket Max on the house for being a loyal customer. Hopefully you’ll receive that soon as well 👍

You wouldn’t spend $320 a year (using round numbers) to see Miami 16 times a year (yes it’s 17 now)??

$20 a game? And this is pre negotiated.

When a big UFC or boxing fight is $100 and might last five minutes?

$20 a game to see my Fins is worth it. This is why I had Sunday Ticket for 25 years. Fins up!!
Isn't Sunday Ticket a Direct TV thing? That means you need to get their service and satellite dish... no thanks. We have cable, and don't need satellite. I don't even watch TV anymore.

Perhaps you might consider expanding your usage. A phone is not just a device to talk on anymore. It is a tool, or rather a bundle of tools. If you don't want to avail yourself of them, that's fine but you are just complaining for no good reason when everything for which you are asking is readily available to you.

No offense, I just do not understand the mentality.
No offense taken. I just don't believe in placing one's whole life in a small device that can be lost, stolen, hacked, corrupted, or rendered useless at any time. I bought my smart phone because I figured that I might need to make a call in case of an emergency. Texting and taking photos is a plus. I don't need to be "connected" at all times; I don't even turn on the ringer.

I wasn't exactly complaining, it was more of me being an individual instead of following the herd. When I still worked, it used to be that employees who had lunch at the same time would chat. By the time I retired, you look around and everyone has their face in their phone. I watched one co-worker leave work and walk across the street with her face in her phone. She walked right into a parked car. I will NEVER be a part of that!

I love Game Pass... I can watch every Dolphins game, and any other game I want after they're over. Now, the NFL has changed Game Pass to NFL+, but NFL+ (or Premium) will only let me see live games that are televised in my local area. This means that I will lose the ability to see Miami every week. I give up.

If you can find a student at any college and sign up on Sunday Ticket U using their college e-mail address?
You can’t record games unless you use Windows Xbox recorder.
Been doing that for several years- at least my tuition $ goes to something I enjoy !

I don't use my phone like everyone else does. I don't download apps (except for a very limited few), I don't stream/save music, and I sure as heck don't browse the internet, shop, or do banking on it! My smart phone is for texting, making calls, taking photos, and occasionally watching a youtube video... that's it.
I'm more of a dinosaur than you. I took everything off my phone that does anything but taking the rare picture, phone calls and (unfortunately) texting.

I've had a cell phone ever since '94 or '95? But that was because I liked not having to find a pay phone and liked having the phone in case of emergency.

I wish I could just carry around a thin flip phone that did nothing but make and receive phone calls and didn't try to pull down my shorts.

I used to rail against the NFL and DirecTV about the Sunday Ticket. However, as time has gone on, with all of these streaming services, things have changed.

It's looking like if AT&T loses the contract, it's going to continue to be monopolized, but by a streaming service. This does nothing for me and might even hurt me financially.

If I want to continue watching all/most of the Warriors and Giants games, I'll have to keep a cable or satellite service, and then I'll have to pay for a streaming service to watch football.

The problem with that, is that I'll end up paying an extra thirty bucks a month to upgrade my internet to unlimited to cover the data to watch football.

Then again, I'm seriously considering giving up watching the China lap dog named the NBA.

I guess I can hold out hope that whichever streaming service gets the NFL contract will offer packages for specific teams, and then suffer through Whiner and Traitor games.

Isn't Sunday Ticket a Direct TV thing? That means you need to get their service and satellite dish... no thanks. We have cable, and don't need satellite. I don't even watch TV anymore.
How do you watch Miami every week?

How do you watch Miami every week?
On my computer. For many years I couldn't. Then, I was given links to questionable sites but that wasn't very safe and sometimes my computer would "catch" something. I grew tired of that and decided to pay for Game Pass a few years ago, and I should've done that sooner! I don't mind waiting until after the game to watch the replay, or even waiting until that night or the next day... it's all the same.

No offense taken. I just don't believe in placing one's whole life in a small device that can be lost, stolen, hacked, corrupted, or rendered useless at any time. I bought my smart phone because I figured that I might need to make a call in case of an emergency. Texting and taking photos is a plus. I don't need to be "connected" at all times; I don't even turn on the ringer.

I wasn't exactly complaining, it was more of me being an individual instead of following the herd. When I still worked, it used to be that employees who had lunch at the same time would chat. By the time I retired, you look around and everyone has their face in their phone. I watched one co-worker leave work and walk across the street with her face in her phone. She walked right into a parked car. I will NEVER be a part of that!
Not sure what any of that has to do with having the technology and ability to project entertainment onto a television from another device.

Back
Top Bottom