The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 105 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

mixmaster_matt said:
Very nice win, and even sweeter b/c that means my tickets to game 6 are now valid baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO METS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As much as I want to go to a playoff game I really hope I dont need my game 7 tix. I do however want ws tix like its no ones business. :lol:

Did anyone else hear the rumor (from WFAN) that Willie may be thinking of putting heilman or Oliver in for a game 7 start over Trashel?

As much as I hate Trashel, I think thats the wrong move and completely unfair to Heilman since he hasnt had ample time to build up his arm. Id be all for going with Trax for 3/Oliver 3/Pen for the last 3 if there is a game 7 even though Id really hate to send Trashel to the mound in any game that matters. Id sooner go with Ollie again.

Boik14 said:
Did anyone else hear the rumor (from WFAN) that Willie may be thinking of putting heilman or Oliver in for a game 7 start over Trashel?

As much as I hate Trashel, I think thats the wrong move and completely unfair to Heilman since he hasnt had ample time to build up his arm. Id be all for going with Trax for 3/Oliver 3/Pen for the last 3 if there is a game 7 even though Id really hate to send Trashel to the mound in any game that matters. Id sooner go with Ollie again.

I agree you cannot throw Heliman out there. Because you lose an arm in your pen starting tomorrow if you decide to do it. Plus he's not used to throwing that much. By inning 3 he'd be out of gas and you'd have to throw Oliver out there in the 4th anyway.

Ray Finkle said:
I agree you cannot throw Heliman out there. Because you lose an arm in your pen starting tomorrow if you decide to do it. Plus he's not used to throwing that much. By inning 3 he'd be out of gas and you'd have to throw Oliver out there in the 4th anyway.
Exactly. Heilmans been itching to start but this is just not the time. Theres too much working against him.

Hes pitched more then 3 innings only 1x this year, back in june or may.
Hes going to view any playoff start as an audition for next year adding more pressure
As you mentioned you lose the extra reliable pen arm for that game and the next one.

Boik14 said:
Exactly. Heilmans been itching to start but this is just not the time. Theres too much working against him.

Hes pitched more then 3 innings only 1x this year, back in june or may.
Hes going to view any playoff start as an audition for next year adding more pressure
As you mentioned you lose the extra reliable pen arm for that game and the next one.

And possibly the first few games of the WS if they get there.

Boik14 said:

OLIVER yes. If they throw Heilman out there then Willy should be fired on the spot!

Boik14 said:

I don't know who I want to see start less, Trax or Heilman. Starting Heilman is absurd, and I just don't believe there's any validity to it. Willie had multiple opportunities this year to start Heilman. He passes every single time. This isn't happening.

Game 7 starter, for me, would come down to the pen. If the pen is rested, I'd rather start Perez. He seems to start well for 3-4 innings. After that, it's a crap shoot. Damn, I really hope the reports of El Duque being ready for the WS are true. These options suck.

MikeO said:
OLIVER yes. If they throw Heilman out there then Willy should be fired on the spot!
Oliver Perez? Yes. Darren Oliver? No. Why? Because Darren Oliver is more valuable out of the pen in case Oliver Perez falters. Plus Ollie Perez has a younger more resiliant younger arm so the chances of him coming back on short rest are better. Its a risk but there is no other choice.

Boik14 said:
Oliver Perez? Yes. Darren Oliver? No. Why? Because Darren Oliver is more valuable out of the pen in case Oliver Perez falters. Plus Ollie Perez has a younger more resiliant younger arm so the chances of him coming back on short rest are better. Its a risk but there is no other choice.

Heilman said in the BergenRecord while he would love the ball, it would not be fair to him or the team since he has really become a 1 inning pitcher. He said he does not know how long he could go.

Track is gone, he pulled himself out like a 6 year-old.

Perez??? Man we got away with one game, but doing it agian?:eek:

Oliver seems to be the one, unless of course we win the next two!:wink:

Tommy's all over the place. That, and getting squeezed the first couple of innings is a horrible combination for Glavine.

Mets are in serious trouble now.

Down a game facing the Cardinals ACE of the staff. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom