The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

I'm going to see the Mets play the National's in Port St. Lucie this Saturday.
:cpatch:
This will be their 2nd spring game, as it follows the opener on Friday night against St. Louis.

You guys better hope Pedro's toe gets better...I am worried about you guys. :lol:

GO PHILLIES.

Roman529 said:
You guys better hope Pedro's toe gets better...I am worried about you guys. :lol:

GO PHILLIES.

Are the Phillies playing in the MLB this year? Or are they going down to triple A so they have a chance for a 500 season?:wink:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Are the Phillies playing in the MLB this year? Or are they going down to triple A so they have a chance for a 500 season?:wink:

That is so wrong!!! :mad:

Big article in the paper today about who is going to bat second in our order. Personally, I think Paul Lo Duca is the best fit to hit second, what do you guys think?

The lineup order I would like to see is...

Jose Reyes
Paul Lo Duca
Carlos Beltran
Carlos Delgado
David Wright
Cliff Floyd
Xavier Nady
Kaz Matsui

Rocky Raccoon said:
Big article in the paper today about who is going to bat second in our order. Personally, I think Paul Lo Duca is the best fit to hit second, what do you guys think?

The lineup order I would like to see is...

Jose Reyes
Paul Lo Duca
Carlos Beltran
Carlos Delgado
David Wright
Cliff Floyd
Xavier Nady
Kaz Matsui

As an outsider (non Met fan) I personally think the Mets best line up would be:

Reyes
Beltran
Wright
Delgado
Floyd
LoDuca
Nady
Matsui

Of course there's a problem with Floyd and Delgado being two lefties back to back. But if I were managing the team that's what I would do, or possibly flip Wright and Delgado.

Ray Finkle said:
As an outsider (non Met fan) I personally think the Mets best line up would be:

Reyes
Beltran
Wright
Delgado
Floyd
LoDuca
Nady
Matsui

Of course there's a problem with Floyd and Delgado being two lefties back to back. But if I were managing the team that's what I would do, or possibly flip Wright and Delgado.
Some people want Beltran hitting second and Wright hitting third...but IMO Wright is our best RBI man...and he did very well in the fifth spot last year, and I think he should stay there.

Beltran hitting second is fine by me.

Rocky Raccoon said:
Some people want Beltran hitting second and Wright hitting third...but IMO Wright is our best RBI man...and he did very well in the fifth spot last year, and I think he should stay there.

Beltran hitting second is fine by me.

I think Beltran would be perfect hitting 2nd, he has no pressure to hit home runs and he hit every well in the 2 hole in KC and Houston.

I LOVE Wright a lot, I think he's a hell of a player and a good kid. I like Wright hitting 3rd because usually your best hitter bats 3rd. Plus Wright gets on base a lot giving Delgado a lot more RBI chances.

Ray Finkle said:
I think Beltran would be perfect hitting 2nd, he has no pressure to hit home runs and he hit every well in the 2 hole in KC and Houston.

I LOVE Wright a lot, I think he's a hell of a player and a good kid. I like Wright hitting 3rd because usually your best hitter bats 3rd. Plus Wright gets on base a lot giving Delgado a lot more RBI chances.

yea David Wright is my favorite player...great heart, great talent, still very young. My guess is that Willie will move the lineup around a little bit constantly in the first few weeks to see where the players are more comfrotable. Wright will be either the 3rd or the 5th hitter and I prefer him 5th because it's the perfect spot in the batting order for a run producer...and no one produced runs better on the Mets last year than Wright...and he was 5th in the order most of the year.

ESPN just ran a ticker message that Pedro Martinez will not play for the Dominican Republic do to his toe injury.

Roman529 said:
ESPN just ran a ticker message that Pedro Martinez will not play for the Dominican Republic do to his toe injury.

good...I didn't want him to play anyway. He needs to get himself ready for the season.

Back
Top Bottom