The Official 2007 Copa America thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Copa America thread

Brazil's official squad for Copa America (Ronaldinho and Kaka out)

Goalkeepers: Helton (Porto), Doni (Roma).

Defenders: Alex Silva (São Paulo), Alex (PSV Eindhoven), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), Naldo (Werder Bremen), Gilberto (Hertha Berlin), Maicon (Internazionale), Daniel Alves (Seville), Kleber (Santos).

Midfielders: Josue (São Paulo), Diego (Werder Bremen), Elano (Shakhtar Donetsk), Mineiro (Hertha Berlin), Anderson (Manchester United), Fernando (Bordeaux), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Ze Roberto (Santos).

Forwards: Robinho (Real Madrid), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow), Afonso (Herenveen), Fred (Lyon).

Good news for México (the squad), bad news for us fans i guess.

Link

What would you consider that? Their B-, C+ team? I think they'll make some noise as they always do but won't make it to the Finals. Semis is as far as they go.

That Brazil squad is alot better than what you might think. Sure they dont have the big names but there is still alot of quality there in Gilberto, Robinho, Anderson, Fred, Danny Alves and Alex (who recently signed for Chelsea).

Will win the competition I'd say, although I hope they dont.

I don't think so. Argentina and other squads will bring more of their "star" players....like I said semis is as far as that team CAN go.

From everything I've seen/read, it seems the US team will NOT be taking such a strong team. Donovan might not be going as well as some other starters. Bradley said anywhere from 8-12 players from the Gold Cup will be going to the Copa America. Now that is a good number BUT it could consist of the backup players on this Gold Cup roster. Heck, he has even said that Howard nor Keller will be in the Copa America roster, however that could change and I HOPE that it does.

As for which tournament is MORE important. For the US and Mexico, no question it is the Gold Cup. Not only is it OUR championship, but as Bradley has pointed out, the winner gets to go to the Confederations Cup in 2009 which is in South Africa, one year before the actual World Cup. Basically, it will be some major practice for the 2010 World Cup in the US' eyes...

Sorry man, but if Mexico does well in the Gold Cup, I don't care, I assume they will, they are supposed to win it or at least come second.

The Copa America is waaaaaaaay more important to me, I want to see Mexico be elite, not just the bigger fish in a small pond.

Sorry man, but if Mexico does well in the Gold Cup, I don't care, I assume they will, they are supposed to win it or at least come second.

The Copa America is waaaaaaaay more important to me, I want to see Mexico be elite, not just the bigger fish in a small pond.

Well of course to US the fans it would mean more to do well in Copa America. To the organizations, the Gold Cup is more meaningful.

FIFA rankings for this month are here

The number in parenthesis indicates the +/- from last month rankings
1.- Italy (0)
2.- France (+2)
3.- Brazil (-1)
4.- Germany (+1)
5.- Argentina (-2)
6.- Portugal (+1)
7.- Spain (+2)
8.- England (0)
9.- Netherlands (-3)
10.- Czech Republic (0)
11.- Croatia (+1)
12.- Romania (+3)
13.- Ukraine (-2)
14.- Cameroon (-1)
15.- Greece (+1)
16.- USA (+13) WTF!!
17.- Sweden (+5)
18.- Poland (0)
19.- Ghana (+9)
20.- Ivory Coast (+5)
21.- Turkey (-2)
22.- Serbia (+9)
23.- Scotland (-9)
24.- Russia (-7)
25.- Switzerland (-4)
26.- México (-6) :shakeno:
27.- Denmark (-4)
28.- Bosnia-Herzegovina (+20) :eek:
29.- Northern Ireland (+4)
30.- Uruguay (-7)

Link

Hater????

Maybe the fact the USA has beaten Mexico with a B team in February this year and the fact they have only allowed THREE goals this year are the reasons for the boost.

Colombia announces their squad....

Goalkeepers: Robinson Zapata (Cúcuta), Agustín Julio (Tolima) and Miguel Calero (Pachuca, Mexico)

Defenders: Jair Benítez (Cali), Javier Arizala (Tolima), Gerardo Vallejo (Tolima), Aquivaldo Mosquera, (Pachuca, Mexico), Iván Ramiro Córdoba (Inter, Italy), Amaranto Perea (Atlético de Madrid, Spain) and Mario Yepes (Paris Saint Germain, France)

Midfielders: Jorge Banguero (América), Alvaro Domínguez (Cali), Macnelly Torres (Cúcuta), Jaime Castrillón (Medellín), Camilo Zúñiga (Nacional), David Ferreira (Atlético Paranaense, Brazil), Fabián Vargas (Internacional, Brazil), Vladimir Marín (Libertad, Paraguay) and John Viáfara (Real Sociedad, Spain)

Forwards: Sergio Herrera (Cali), César Valoyes (Medellín), Hugo Rodallega (Monterrey, Mexico), Luis Gabriel Rey (Morelia, Mexico), Andrés Chitiva (Pachuca, Mexico) and Edixon Perea (Burdeos, France)

Chile's Squad

Defenders: Pablo Contreras (Celta, Spain), Ismael Fuentes (Jaguars Chiapas, Mexico), ÃÂlvaro Ormeño (Gimnasia y Esgrima LP, Argentina), Sebastián Roco (Santiago Wanderers), Rodrigo Tello (Sporting, Portugal), Jorge Vargas (Salzburgo, Austria), Gonzalo Jara (Colo Colo), Miguel Riffo (Colo Colo) and Boris Rieloff (Audax Italiano).

Midfielders: José Luis Cabión (Melipilla), Matías Fernández (Villarreal, Spain), Gonzalo Fierro (Colo Colo), Manuel Iturra (Universidad de Chile), Arturo Sanhueza (Colo Colo), Rodrigo Meléndez (Colo Colo) Jorge Valdivia (Palmeiras, Brazil), Carlos Villanueva (Audax Italiano) and Mark González (Liverpool, England).

Forwards: Roberto Gutiérrez (Universidad Católica), Reinaldo Navia (Atlas, Mexico), Rodolfo Moya (Audax Italiano), Juan Gonzalo Lorca (Colo Colo) and Humberto Suazo (Colo Colo).

Bolivia's sqaud

Goalkeepers: Hugo Suárez, Sergio Galarza

Defenders: Miguel Hoyos, Luis Torrico, Jorge Ortíz, Limbert Méndez, Edemir Rodríguez, Ronald Raldes, Pedro Zabala, Lorgio Alvarez, Juan Manuel Peña.

Midfielders: Leonel Reyes, Ronald García, Sacha Lima, Joselito Vaca, Gualberto Mojica, Darwin Peña, Gonzalo Galindo, Jhasmani Campos.

Forwards: Juan Carlos Arce, Nelson Sossa, Pablo Salinas, Augusto Andaveris, Jaime Moreno, Diego Cabrera.

Oh and If you are wondering where I am getting these teams from...none other then the official site...http://copaamericavenezuela2007.terra.com.br/default.asp?pag=home

Whats the general feeling in the US at the moment to how well you will do in the Copa America?

High or Low expectations?

Hater????

Maybe the fact the USA has beaten Mexico with a B team in February this year and the fact they have only allowed THREE goals this year are the reasons for the boost.

Hater?

A 13 spot jump in 1 month it's not very common, especially after only playing against teams like China, Guatemala, T and T and El Salvador :rolleyes2

Hater?

A 13 spot jump in 1 month it's not very common, especially after only playing against teams like China, Guatemala, T and T and El Salvador :rolleyes2

and not winning any cups in the process...

Had we done that jump he would be complaining about how fifa favors us, kinda like when we where heads of group while they where placed in a harder group in the WC.

Hater?

We aren't the only ones that did it in the Top 50. Norway also made that type of jump this month...

Whats the general feeling in the US at the moment to how well you will do in the Copa America?

High or Low expectations?

Depends on the squad they take out there. They say they'll take 8-12 of the same guys..but which guys that is, is uncertain.

I hope to see Donovan, Onyewu, Johnson, one of our 2 GKs, Bocanegra, and a few more out there.

That is unlikely however. I do hope that they call Nguyen from PSV, again if they start calling up young guns.

Back
Top Bottom