The Official 2007 Copa America thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Copa America thread

Was looking at your squad for the Gold Cup and it seems fairly strong, would it not have made more sense to name a half strenght squad for the Gold Cup and a full strenght one for the more competitve Copa America?

Would be a better indicator of how good, bad or average the US really are.

Was looking at your squad for the Gold Cup and it seems fairly strong, would it not have made more sense to name a half strenght squad for the Gold Cup and a full strenght one for the more competitve Copa America?

Would be a better indicator of how good, bad or average the US really are.

No, according to Prime Time the gold cup is far more important :rolleyes2

That would've made more sense BUT the US did not want to take any chances when it came to the Gold Cup. They want to win it because its our Cup and it guarantees us a spot in the 2009 Confederations Cup, which is big time practice for the World Cup.

Its just according to FIFA, the USA are the 16th best team in the world. I would like to see that proven, instead of playing the likes of Guatamala, Panama and the other central American powerhouses.

You need to be playing quality teams if you want to progress to the next level. Winning the Gold Cup is worth noting in terms of progression. Getting to a semi final in the Copa is worth a lot more.

Goalkeepers (2) – Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach)

Defenders (8) – Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Bobby Boswell (D.C. United), Dan Califf (Aalborg BK), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Jay DeMerit (Watford FC), Drew Moor (FC Dallas), Heath Pearce (FC Nordsjælland), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)

Midfielders (8) – Kyle Beckerman (Colorado Rapids), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Benny Feilhaber (Hamburger SV), Eddie Gaven (Columbus Crew), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Justin Mapp (Chicago Fire), Lee Nguyen (PSV Eindhoven), Ben Olsen (D.C.United)

Forwards (4) – Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Herculez Gomez (Colorado Rapids), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution)

Don't like the squad named but heck, what can I do. No Donovan, Bocanegra, Onyewu, Beasley :nono:

Looks like they'll try to get Johnson out of the slump by playing in some more games...most likely as a starter.

Watch out for Nguyen and Gaven. Nguyen has some nice moves in his arsenal. Wait and see :)

I expect them to at least get to the knockout phase...

Mexico's squad:

Gk(2): Oswaldo Sanchez (Santos), Guillermo Ochoa (America)

Defenders(7): Johny Magallon (Chivas), Fausto Pinto (Pachuca), Rafael Marquez (Barcelona), Israel Castro (Pumas), Jose Antonio Castro (America), Gonzalo Pineda (Chivas), Francisco Rodriguez (Chivas)

Midfielders(6): Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul), Jaime Correa (Pachuca), Ramon Morales (Chivas), Jaime Lozano (Tigres), Andres Guardado (Atlas), Fernando Arce (Morelia)

Forwards(7): Cuauhtemoc Blanco (Chicago Fire), Adolfo Bautista (Chiapas), Omar Bravo (Chivas), Jared Borgetti (Cruz Azul), Nery Castillo (Olympiakos), Juan Carlos Cacho (Pachuca), Alberto Medina (Chivas)

Ricardo Osorio, Pavel Pardo, Carlos Salcido and Francisco Fonseca were left out of the squad.

Osorio, Pavel and Salcido asked to be left out of the squad saying they needed a break after playing continuously without a decent break.

This is just another sign that the team does not want Hugo in there, just a couple of weeks ago Salcido was demanding playing time after being left on the bench against Cuba.

Hugo's days are pretty much counted :yes:

Mexico's squad:

Defenders(7): Johny Magallon (Chivas), Fausto Pinto (Pachuca), Rafael Marquez (Barcelona), Israel Castro (Pumas), Jose Antonio Castro (America), Gonzalo Pineda (Chivas), Francisco Rodriguez (Chivas)

Midfielders(6): Gerardo Torrado (Cruz Azul), Jaime Correa (Pachuca), Ramon Morales (Chivas), Jaime Lozano (Tigres), Andres Guardado (Atlas), Fernando Arce (Morelia)

Forwards(7): Cuauhtemoc Blanco (Chicago Fire), Adolfo Bautista (Chiapas), Omar Bravo (Chivas), Jared Borgetti (Cruz Azul), Nery Castillo (Olympiakos), Juan Carlos Cacho (Pachuca), Alberto Medina (Chivas)

Ricardo Osorio, Pavel Pardo, Carlos Salcido and Francisco Fonseca were left out of the squad.

Osorio, Pavel and Salcido asked to be left out of the squad saying they needed a break after playing continuously without a decent break.

This is just another sign that the team does not want Hugo in there, just a couple of weeks ago Salcido was demanding playing time after being left on the bench against Cuba.

And Nery is also bitching, and Marquez came up to say that things where better with LaVolpe, we might get our wish.

Mexico's squad:

:woot:

I hope he stays. He holds your team back from its full potential.

Copa America 2007 Thread.

Have at it Boys.

Group A: Venezuela, Uruguay, Peru, Bolivia
Group B: Brazil, Ecuador, Chile, Mexico
Group C: Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, United States

USA has a harder road this time.
lets make it 2 in a row boys!

USA round 1 Schedule

Thursday 28 June ARG v USA 20:50 in Maracaibo
Monday 2 July USA v PAR 18:35 in Maracaibo
Thursday 5 July USA v COL 18:35 in Barquisimeto

Tough way to start. Oguchi will have his trouble trying to keep Messi from scoring.

USA round 1 Schedule

Thursday 28 June ARG v USA 20:50 in Maracaibo
Monday 2 July USA v PAR 18:35 in Maracaibo
Thursday 5 July USA v COL 18:35 in Barquisimeto

Tough way to start. Oguchi will have his trouble trying to keep Messi from scoring.

Amen... do you know what channel will be showing the US games?

I know I have Telefutura. My fun is I have an Argentine wife! So her and her brother are going to be ganging up on me!

I know this is surprising... but there is a way older thread about it, finsmx, jumped the gun by about 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom