**The Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**The Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread**

Cant start an argument when its a fact. The Spurs have only been called old only the last 2 years. You guys had a nice run but its already coming to end. Every good thing comes to an end. Maybe you guys will just tank again next year so you can get a top lottery pick. Worked one time for the Spurs.

Bottom line they are still the defending champs, you cant count them out.

Clark (Durham, NC): Why would the Cavs trade for Ben Wallace?

sn2-1.gif
Chad Ford: (1:47 PM ET ) To make that work financially the deal would have to look like this:

Ben Wallace, Chris Duhon and Joe Smith to Cleveland for Drew Gooden, Donyell Marshall, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown, Devin Brown and Cederic Simmons ... unless Ilgauskas is in this deal.

Cant start an argument when its a fact. The Spurs have only been called old only the last 2 years. You guys had a nice run but its already coming to end. Every good thing comes to an end. Maybe you guys will just tank again next year so you can get a top lottery pick. Worked one time for the Spurs.

Only been called old the last 2 years eh? With guys like Kevin Willis, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Jerome Kersey, Steve Kerr, Chuck Person....etc in the past they're just only now being called old?

Ehhh, wrong.

Let me guess, you have this new found confidence b/c the Lakers are actually doing well this year right? Any record other then what they have now I'd imagine you wouldn't be saying a damn thing.

So now you're saying last year was a fluke and they're only good b/c they purposely lost 61 games in 1996 to get a guy that they weren't guaranteed to get nor were they guaranteed that Duncan was going to make any difference to their team let alone win 4 titles.

:up: Jealousy sure is lousy

if you would of read further down I said it was a good move. But an old spurs team brought in 2 old guys in Damon and Thomas. Spurs I doubt will be able to repeat. They werent even the best team last year IMO. If Nash didnt have a bloody nose and stupid Amare/Diaw werent suspended they would of won the championship.

If Manu Ginobili doesn't make a bone-head foul vs the Mavs the Spurs would be two-time defending champs. If grandma had a package she'd be grandpa.

Once the playoffs come I still think the Spurs will be the team to beat. They've been "old," for years now. Though as Skip Bayless puts it once the playoffs start they become "experienced." More than any other coach in the NBA, Popovich knows his players. Without Parker the Spurs are an average team but once he comes back I think they'll go on a run and win the SW.

If Manu Ginobili doesn't make a bone-head foul vs the Mavs the Spurs would be two-time defending champs. If grandma had a package she'd be grandpa.

Once the playoffs come I still think the Spurs will be the team to beat. They've been "old," for years now. Though as Skip Bayless puts it once the playoffs start they become "experienced." More than any other coach in the NBA, Popovich knows his players. Without Parker the Spurs are an average team but once he comes back I think they'll go on a run and win the SW.

The old and boring label has been a staple for this team for at least 5 years now. It's all opposing fans have to go on; that or what-if's like Amars' gift of knowing Phoenix would've been the champs shoulda woulda coulda

Only been called old the last 2 years eh? With guys like Kevin Willis, David Robinson, Sean Elliott, Mario Elie, Avery Johnson, Jerome Kersey, Steve Kerr, Chuck Person....etc in the past they're just only now being called old?

Ehhh, wrong.

Let me guess, you have this new found confidence b/c the Lakers are actually doing well this year right? Any record other then what they have now I'd imagine you wouldn't be saying a damn thing.

So now you're saying last year was a fluke and they're only good b/c they purposely lost 61 games in 1996 to get a guy that they weren't guaranteed to get nor were they guaranteed that Duncan was going to make any difference to their team let alone win 4 titles.

:up: Jealousy sure is lousy

No Jealousy here that for sure. Took spurs 5yrs to get 3 championships it took only the lakers 3yrs to get 3 rings. I have had Lakers confidence every year just look at my past threads from the past couple of years. With a player like Kobe and if the team around can contribute anything they can be in the finals. Kobe took the suns to game 7 with a bunch of baggage as players. Now that the young players have developed you are seeing how Dominate Kobe can be. I been saying all year since Bynum exploded on the scene that lakers will be western conference champions.

Im not saying the Spurs were a fluke last year they just outlasted the suns who shot themselves in the foot. The suns were the best team they just made stupid mistakes. The best team doesnt always win the championship ie.Patriots.

Western Conference top teams
1. Lakers
2. New Orleans
3. Jazz
4. Phoenix (will move down if shaq doesnt play consistent.)
5. San Antonio

here are the specifics on Hornets/Rockets trade

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7824712?MSNHPHMA

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - The New Orleans Hornets have acquired swingman Bonzi Wells and guard Mike James from Houston.

The Rockets are getting guards Bobby Jackson and Adam Haluska in return.
Hornets coach Byron Scott said Memphis is also involved in the deal but didn't know to what extent.

No Jealousy here that for sure. Took spurs 5yrs to get 3 championships it took only the lakers 3yrs to get 3 rings. I have had Lakers confidence every year just look at my past threads from the past couple of years. With a player like Kobe and if the team around can contribute anything they can be in the finals. Kobe took the suns to game 7 with a bunch of baggage as players. Now that the young players have developed you are seeing how Dominate Kobe can be. I been saying all year since Bynum exploded on the scene that lakers will be western conference champions.

Im not saying the Spurs were a fluke last year they just outlasted the suns who shot themselves in the foot. The suns were the best team they just made stupid mistakes. The best team doesnt always win the championship ie.Patriots.

Western Conference top teams
1. Lakers
2. New Orleans
3. Jazz
4. Phoenix (will move down if shaq doesnt play consistent.)
5. San Antonio

How exactly do you come up with the Lakers being the best in the West? Is it their record? That wouldn't work. Is it their past history? That doesn't work either.

Enlighten me.

Sure the Lakers had a threepeat but what does that have to do with now? The Spurs this year are the defending champs. Come back to the present, please.

Oh and I don't give 2 ****s about whether or not a team is the best in the league at the end of the year. You either win the title or you don't. Since that's the goal at the beginning, middle and end of the year, when you win it, you win it. Period

You obviously dont watch anything but Spurs basketball. BTW the present is the Spurs are old.

Toughest SOS so far at .520, highest point diff in the West at +6.7, all with a bunch of injuries. We've played 29 on the road and only 25 at home. That means they have one of the easiest schedule after the allstar break with more home games. Our injured players comming back. No more long road east coast trips. We also have the deepest bench in the league.

Happy for Gerald Green. Wasted talent in Minnesota......

Back
Top Bottom