The Tua-point conversion | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-point conversion

You guys are nuts.

First off, JAX and DEN both made the same decision a few weeks ago.

JAX was on the road against HOU, while DEN did it at home against CHI and converted to take a 14-13 lead with :31 remaining. Of course they ended up losing on a last second FG, but they still made the same choice as the home team nonetheless.

So the decision is far from unprecedented.

Secondly, if the Dolphins players and coaches were actively attempting to lose, then how do you explain the QB change in the 2nd half that sparked the team or the fact that they scored the last second TD to even set the stage for a possible win?

You guys are seeing something that wasn’t there.

I agree 100% agree with everything here. I dont think however that anyone truly believes that the bbn players would be in on a tank. Theyd stand to lose too much money to play like crap for a season. It was obvious to me that everyone was trying to win yesterday, but the playcalling on the 2 pt conversion was pretty bad.

If we were intentionally tanking and trying to lose, what can the league do about it? Are there any rules preventing it?

How do you know otherwise?

At this point, nothing is a given. NOTHING. But what is a given? What player in the 2020 NFL draft is the surefire hit going forward?

Umm, that was my point, there is no sure fire player. Just cracks me up that everyone is on this Tua wagon based on a guy who is playing with an all star cast. Everyone here acts like they’re pro college scouts. Cracks me up. We have to hope Grier actually does know what he’s doing

Not to be a downer, but does this play invite scrutiny from the league given all the tank talk? For one, not often does a coach decide to go for 2 to end a game in regular season when the xp would tie it up. That in of itself is suspicious. But then the playcall is even more suspicious. If you wanted to call a play that had the least likely chance of succeeding, it would be a pass play at the goal line that is thrown to a receiver several yards out of the end zone...

If anyone here has faith in these stooges going forward they are nuts

Either complete idiotic coaching or zero integrity
A team assembled of not even PS caliber players
Not even using their more talented players
Absolute disgrace and a blemish that will last forever

If we were intentionally tanking and trying to lose, what can the league do about it? Are there any rules preventing it?
None...Just like there are no rules against stockpiling all of the "real" talent on one team,dominating the league for 2 decades,filming opponents practices,deflating balls and winning 1/2 dozen SBs while appearing in 1/2 dozen more over that time.

We had the momentum.
You kick the EP to tie.
You win it in OT.
Period.
No you don't. Going for the win was the exact right thing to do and I'd bet you 99% of the other head coaches in the league would have done the exact same thing if they were in the same situation with the same circumstances.

I have no issue with the play. Which scenario has a better chance of getting you a win? Converting a two point conversion or tying the game up and then trying to score on your next possession or more?

Bad teams force offbeat play calling sometimes. It's not like we had a Superbowl caliber team with say Marshawn Lynch, the second best back in the history of the league at getting you 2 yards when you need it regardless of contact, but then decided to try and win the Superbowl by passing the ball in traffic where it could be picked off. If that were the case I might start to believe in conspiracies.

Flores was desperate for his first win, it didn't work out. The best choice would have been to tie it up and carry momentum into OT. If Flores job wasn't as secure as it is, I have no doubts he would have kicked the extra point.

Back
Top Bottom