The Tua-point conversion | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Tua-point conversion

how do you know we’re drafting him and not Fromm
The owner spoke openly about Tua.

Rich Eisen said he has sources in Miamis FO that have been in love with Tua for 2 years now. We can choose to believe it dismiss this, but cannot deny Eisen has his sources throughout the league.

But yeah, Fromm

How many of those teams are as bad as Miami is right now? You go for the win there because of the fact the team is not great at all.

Again, my issue is more with the playcall than the choice to go for 2. Just that in totality, when you look at the complete context of the situation, it does invite scrutiny.

Had they went for 2 but called a play that actually went into the end zone, even if it failed, it would be a heck of a lot less suspicious.

No you don't. Going for the win was the exact right thing to do and I'd bet you 99% of the other head coaches in the league would have done the exact same thing if they were in the same situation with the same circumstances.
So your saying 99% would have done the same thing? That's 30 to 31 other teams, essentially EVERY other team. BS.

Again, my issue is more with the playcall than the choice to go for 2. Just that in totality, when you look at the complete context of the situation, it does invite scrutiny.

Had they went for 2 but called a play that actually went into the end zone, even if it failed, it would be a heck of a lot less suspicious.

No way the NFL is going to start investigating play calling- that would really be ridiculous.

you had two bad teams play a close game, just like I thought.. it is what it is.

And if we would have scored the 2, people would be proclaiming the call to be brilliant. Flores went for the throat. He put it in the hands of a team desperate to win. They failed. That's it. That's all there is.

They called a fake punt, went for it on 4th down, onside kick etc. They were very clearly trying to win the game.

You put it out there as if it proves your point. The onus is on you to provide a full accounting of such scenarios since you suggest its not rare. If it isn't rare, it shouldn't be difficult to find more than 3 examples (with the 4th being the game we just saw).

Youre the one who made the initial claim. It was challenged. Its your duty to defend that claim, not his duty to disprove it.

In recent history, going for 2 is a much much more common thing. You can't add historical data to your argument when the league is 1. an adaptive creative creature of different offensive and defensive ideologies.

It's like arguing stats from 1980s vs today. Two totally different games. Lets get straight to the original point -> Competition committee. You have to look at how the Dolphins are looking THIS YEAR, and THIS YEAR alone.

3 other teams, in the first 1/2 of the season, have gone for 2 in similar scenarios. If I'm defending the Dolphins in whatever this arbitration/hearing is, I'm highlighting that. Highlighting the record of those teams, and of the success of those attempts.

They're fine. Some of y'all just seem to sit at home and make up these insane stretch theories then fight to defend them out of... I don't know. Pride

Youre the one who made the initial claim. It was challenged. Its your duty to defend that claim, not his duty to disprove it.

In recent history, going for 2 is a much much more common thing. You can't add historical data to your argument when the league is 1. an adaptive creative creature of different offensive and defensive ideologies.

It's like arguing stats from 1980s vs today. Two totally different games. Lets get straight to the original point -> Competition committee. You have to look at how the Dolphins are looking THIS YEAR, and THIS YEAR alone.

3 other teams, in the first 1/2 of the season, have gone for 2 in similar scenarios. If I'm defending the Dolphins in whatever this arbitration/hearing is, I'm highlighting that. Highlighting the record of those teams, and of the success of those attempts.

They're fine. Some of y'all just seem to sit at home and make up these insane stretch theories then fight to defend them out of... I don't know. Pride

All 3 of those teams lost. So I guess if we are just looking at this year, its a pretty bad strategy overall.

The playcall was what the Patriots ran when they went for 2 to tie it up in the Super Bowl against the Falcons.

Worse players didn't execute it the same way. Oh well. Thems the breaks.

The playcall was what the Patriots ran when they went for 2 to tie it up in the Super Bowl against the Falcons.

Worse players didn't execute it the same way. Oh well. Thems the breaks.

Part of a coach's job is to understand the strength and weaknesses of your own team and the opposing team. Running a play like that behind a historically bad OL against a Skins DL that is the strength of their team is just flat stupid and had almost no shot of being successful.

Part of a coach's job is to understand the strength and weaknesses of your own team and the opposing team. Running a play like that behind a historically bad OL against a Skins DL that is the strength of their team is just flat stupid and had almost no shot of being successful.
You mean the Oline that was doing just fine against that Dline as they scored 2 TDs in the 4th quarter?

You mean the Oline that was doing just fine against that Dline as they scored 2 TDs in the 4th quarter?

Were they throwing passes behind the LOS for that OL to block for in order to move down the field for those 2 TDs?

Back
Top Bottom