***The uniform/logo super thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The uniform/logo super thread***

Which Logo?

• 1966-1973

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • 1974-1989

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • 1989-1996

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • 1997-2012

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 2013-2017

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 2018-Present

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
Yes. Dolphins are usually thought of as being such tough, manly creatures. A bit like Unicorns and ponies

I read somewhere (several years back), that when the team was introduced they did a poll to vote ona team name. Sharks was a popular choice. When they decided on Dolphins, it was pointed out that Dolphins can kill sharks. I agree it doesn't sound intimidating, but it is what it is.

What do you think is the best NFL team name? I go with Giants.

I read somewhere (several years back), that when the team was introduced they did a poll to vote ona team name. Sharks was a popular choice. When they decided on Dolphins, it was pointed out that Dolphins can kill sharks. I agree it doesn't sound intimidating, but it is what it is.

What do you think is the best NFL team name? I go with Giants.

"They might be Giants" are a band with the wimpiest music and name ever. I politely disagree. LOVE the name Miami Dolphins!!!

Every time there’s a logo thread the majority of us say the same thing. the new logo sucks and is an embarrassment. Personally I guarantee we will never win anything with this new Logo. book it. For the 5% if you don’t like it that’s great you could have it. Buy all the stuff on clearance and we go back to our real logo

Last edited:
Every time there’s a logo thread the majority of us say the same thing. the new logo sucks and is an embarrassment. Personally I guarantee we will never win anything with this new Logo. book it. For the 5% if you don’t like it that’s great you could have it by all the stuff on clearance and we go back to our real logo

Ah. So our issue over the past few years hasn't been our drafting, free agents or coaching, it was the logo?

Steve Ross will be very alarmed when he hears how much money he wasted paying off sacked coaches, scouts and players who did nothing wrong.

Mr. Ross,

Please sell the team to someone who has a clue about being the owner of an NFL franchise.

Warm regards,

The Long-suffering Fans of the Miami Dolphins
Ross is not the best owner, but be glad he opens his wallet to spend whenever our GM and Head Coach want to. It could be a hell of a lot worse. For example, the only reason Mike Brown of the Bengals spent a lot of $ in free agency this year is because he's trying to show Joe Burrow that he, Brown, wants to be a contender. Brown usually doesn't spend a great deal in free agency.

Ross is not the best owner, but be glad he opens his wallet to spend whenever our GM and Head Coach want to. It could be a hell of a lot worse. For example, the only reason Mike Brown of the Bengals spent a lot of $ in free agency this year is because he's trying to show Joe Burrow that he, Brown, wants to be a contender. Brown usually doesn't spend a great deal in free agency.
The problem over Ross's entire tenure is that he has a long history of hiring incompetent people to run his front office. Now I don't know if Grier will turn out to be another name in that parade -- this draft will go a long way in determining that. What I do know is that his past history in this most critical part of owning a franchise has been one of failure. This isn't like Thomas Edison where you are allowed to have 10,000 failures before you finally hit on the right formula for a light bulb filament. As an NFL owner you only get a few shots to get it right before you die. You have to make the best of each of them. So far Ross has failed that test.

Ah. So our issue over the past few years hasn't been our drafting, free agents or coaching, it was the logo?

Steve Ross will be very alarmed when he hears how much money he wasted paying off sacked coaches, scouts and players who did nothing wrong.
Did nothing wrong? There hasn’t been anything done correctly here in twenty years. Steve Ross is clueless when it comes to football. I can’t stand you fn apologists with 20000 posts who think you have a clue. You don’t. This team and franchise has sucked for close to twenty years. It’s a bottom ten franchise with a hideous logo that was thrust upon us as an obvious money grab. So yes it was the logo, as well as a hundred other short sided, ill advised Steve Ross decisions that got us to this point.

Did nothing wrong? There hasn’t been anything done correctly here in twenty years. Steve Ross is clueless when it comes to football. I can’t stand you fn apologists with 20000 posts who think you have a clue. You don’t. This team and franchise has sucked for close to twenty years. It’s a bottom ten franchise with a hideous logo that was thrust upon us as an obvious money grab. So yes it was the logo, as well as a hundred other short sided, ill advised Steve Ross decisions that got us to this point.
You realize the team hasn't had the current logo for 20 years right? I think you need to have a better grasp of time before telling people they don't have a a clue about something.

Back
Top Bottom