***The uniform/logo super thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The uniform/logo super thread***

Which Logo?

• 1966-1973

Votes: 19 11.2%
  • 1974-1989

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • 1989-1996

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • 1997-2012

Votes: 18 10.6%
  • 2013-2017

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 2018-Present

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
Any of the Uni's (PRE 2013).....Laugh at the Current Uniform/Logo. It's an On-Going Debate that will Never End, until Ross Grows a Set, and Pulls the Trigger on Bringing Them Back. He is Totally Clueless. "IF" a Poll was taken....I'd Bet the Throwbacks would Overwhelmingly "SMOKE" the Sissy, Current Ones. They Intimidate No One......
I've always hoped for a return to the late 70s-early 80s unis personally, the first Dan Marino ones.

Not sure why anybody really cares about the picture on the helmet.

TFK

I personally like the new uniforms and new logo but that's just my opinion. It's time to move on as it's not 1972 any longer.......Time for new players and a fresh start.......but here's some other opinions.........

I actually like the new unis/logo too. I just don’t like the colors.

They can continue with the logo, I just want the correct shade of aqua and more orange added back in to the helmet and pant stripe. Like the retro uniforms.

Also, ditch the lame aqua pants when wearing the white jerseys and go back strictly to the white on white and aqua on white.

Having said that, I’d be more in favor of a return to the 70’s and 80’s unis. But I’m ok enough with the new logo that I wouldn’t be crushed if they stuck with it — so long as the colors are done right.

Any of the Uni's (PRE 2013).....Laugh at the Current Uniform/Logo. It's an On-Going Debate that will Never End, until Ross Grows a Set, and Pulls the Trigger on Bringing Them Back. He is Totally Clueless. "IF" a Poll was taken....I'd Bet the Throwbacks would Overwhelmingly "SMOKE" the Sissy, Current Ones. They Intimidate No One......
If Larry Csonka was running towards you at full speed and wearing a pink uniform, you'd still be intimidated. The man makes the uniform, not the other way around.

Flew to Wrigley Field last June to catch the Cubs Cardinals. Each can of beer was $11.
Have paid a couple bucks more than that at Yankee Stadium. But, at least it was for a Stella

Last edited:
Not a new uniform, per se but a logo change would be welcome. Just a logo change (I prefer the logo from 1989 to 1996 with the larger dolphin going through the sun. My favorite Dolphins uniforms were the 1980's unis they wore through 1996 with the logo on the sleeve. I especially liked the aqua pants. An all-aqua look then would have been awesome, IMHO (All aqua is my favorite Dolphins look ever. The first time they wore those was against Chicago in 2002 on MNF. Ricky ran wild). I hate the all-white look. I think the aqua pants in any of our uniform looks is superior (except the throwbacks--because they didn't have aqua pants until 1989).

The orange jerseys in the early 2000's were teh worst. I'm just glad they didn't pair those with aqua pants (though I did that on Madden once just to see how hideous it would look). The Minute Maid jerseys we wore for a color rush game a couple years back were the biggest abomination to hit Miami since Nick Saban (to kinda, sorta paraphrase Jim Mandich's comments about Mr. Saban on the NFL Network's Top 10 Coaches Who Belonged in College.

They won't go back to the old unis full time because of money. It's similar to why the NBA brought back All-Star jerseys after scrapping them for a few years in the late 1990's (players wore their team uniforms in All-Star games for a few years). With the retro/alternate uniform, you have another revenue stream. Now fans will buy a home jersey, an away jersey, a retro jersey, an alternate jersey, etc.

Last edited:
Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas , Patrick Surtain, Sam Madision.......failures? I think not.

But it doesnt have to be the 90s Logo......Cartoon? So you want a realistic Dolphin? Just look at these 2 random teams. The Eaglesand the Cardinals. Hardly realistic......look a bit cartoonish to me. THEY ALSO LOOK MEAN. Not like an ad for Bass Pro.

Pat White, John Beck, Dante Culpepper, Chad Henne, AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfelds, Cleo Lemon, Ray Lucas..... I can name a lot more failures than you can successes of that era.

And no, I don’t want a realistic dolphin. I side with the majority of fans who believe the throwbacks should be permanent. They’re one of the greatest uniforms in the history of the league.

Back
Top Bottom