There is a new No. 3 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

There is a new No. 3

OSUDauby said:
I do not disagree with what either of you say. Sure, WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, Temple, etc..could beat any team on any given day. BUT, how can you like what you see when you watch WVU playing no one then complain about not getting the respect or attention that they aspire to have.

How did Temple get brought into this??? :shakeno: :shakeno:

They aren't even in the Big East anymore!!

OSUDauby said:
Umm, Georgia was #10 in the nation. Not exactly the "National Championship" team that WVU is looking to play come Jan. 8th. 2007. Not to mention it was a 2-loss Georgia BEFORE the game.

Your missing the point. WV was expected to get slaughtered by Georiga in the Georgia Dome. Nobody gave WVU a chance. Said the Big East sucked. Said WV shouldn't have been there. Said WVU beat nobody this year.

Then WV goes into Georgia's back yard and spanked them.

This year with WV a little better. With whoever they play being a little better. (making all things equal for this hypothetical) That same scenerio can't happen again??? :confused: :confused:

Get my point now!!!

MikeO said:
Your missing the point. WV was expected to get slaughtered by Georiga in the Georgia Dome. Nobody gave WVU a chance. Said the Big East sucked. Said WV shouldn't have been there. Said WVU beat nobody this year.

Then WV goes into Georgia's back yard and spanked them.

This year with WV a little better. With whoever they play being a little better. (making all things equal for this hypothetical) That same scenerio can't happen again??? :confused: :confused:

Get my point now!!!

West Virginia IMO is the worst matchup OSU could face assuming we get to Tempe...Stopping the run is the kink in our armour...We all know what Garret Wolfe did to us...and vs Texas we forced them to beat us threw the air and stacked the box...we havent reallly face a RB who's upper class other than those two.

Thats why Im sorta rooting for Louisville tonight because I dont like the matchup vs WV.......I still feel we would beat the Mountaineers because we could score on them..but I would just assume not mess with that team.

DBoston80 said:
West Virginia IMO is the worst matchup OSU could face assuming we get to Tempe...Stopping the run is the kink in our armour...We all know what Garret Wolfe did to us...and vs Texas we forced them to beat us threw the air and stacked the box...we havent reallly face a RB who's upper class other than those two.

Thats why Im sorta rooting for Louisville tonight because I dont like the matchup vs WV.......I still feel we would beat the Mountaineers because we could score on them..but I would just assume not mess with that team.

That is a nice post respecting the game of the Moutaineers. I think with the many different match-ups being tossed around WVU v/s Ohio St would be the most exciting offensive match-up.

WVU has had a harder time with mobiles QBs and I think Ginn would eat us up with his speed deep.

WVU can also put up points in bunches and have the most potent ground attack in the NCAA.

It would be exciting and fun for TV viewers.

MikeO said:
How did Temple get brought into this??? :shakeno: :shakeno:

They aren't even in the Big East anymore!!
Ummm, well it was called a joke. If you watch college football you would know that Temple HAD the longest losing streak in the nation.

And to tell you the truth, I know very little about the teams in the Big East. All I know is that they are all cup cakes, crying about respect, yet do nothing to earn that respect.

Sure, you can play easy games all year, go undefeated, and wonder if you'll get into the big game. OR you can play the tough games, get the win, and have nothing to wonder about. That is the reason why you see teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, etc...getting respect all the time. It's because they have the guts to step to the plate. Unlike ANY team in the Big Easy. (Louisville made an attempt with UM this season, but it's a shame that UM blows)

Whoever loses the Ohio State Michigan game should stay at number two because that will be the best 1 lose team.

DBoston80 said:

Thats the same reason OSU will lose when Michigan comes to town. Michigan's running game is solid and there run D is one of the best I have ever seen.

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, well it was called a joke. If you watch college football you would know that Temple HAD the longest losing streak in the nation.

And to tell you the truth, I know very little about the teams in the Big East. All I know is that they are all cup cakes, crying about respect, yet do nothing to earn that respect.

Sure, you can play easy games all year, go undefeated, and wonder if you'll get into the big game. OR you can play the tough games, get the win, and have nothing to wonder about. That is the reason why you see teams like Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, etc...getting respect all the time. It's because they have the guts to step to the plate. Unlike ANY team in the Big Easy. (Louisville made an attempt with UM this season, but it's a shame that UM blows)

Teams like WV and Louisville can't just play whomever they want to. Two teams have to agree to the schedule. It's not like they could just show up at Ohio State, and get a game going. I bet Louisville and WV think they can play well and hold up against any team in the country.

Frisches13283 said:
Teams like WV and Louisville can't just play whomever they want to. Two teams have to agree to the schedule. It's not like they could just show up at Ohio State, and get a game going. I bet Louisville and WV think they can play well and hold up against any team in the country.

Well, Cinn., Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, etc...managed to do it all in the same season against Ohio State. Michigan plays Ball State this week. I could go on and on. So, I guess you are seeing things my way if agree that WVU is respected less than those three teams

Brad528 said:
Thats the same reason OSU will lose when Michigan comes to town. Michigan's running game is solid and there run D is one of the best I have ever seen.
:lol:
Good one. And what did Texas' RB combo think when Ohio State went down there? Michael Hart will have less than 100 yrd rushing for the second stright OSU/Michigan match-up. And Ohio State will have little reason to run the ball at home against Michigan with Ginn, Gonzo, Robo, Hartline, etc..in the game.

Have you ever been to the Horseshoe? And have you ever been to the Horseshoe on OSU/Michigan gameday?!?

Turn on College Gameday anytime it is hosted at Ohio State. It's the bigest crowd everytime. Then turn it on Nov. 18th and remember what you see. It is going to be pandemonium and Michigan cannot handle that crowd, let alone the Bucks offense.

And don't forget who also has a pretty good defense. Only allowing 7.3 pts a game. Winning by a margin of over 28 pts. and never won by less than 17, THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES.

OSUDauby said:
Well, Cinn., Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, etc...managed to do it all in the same season against Ohio State. Michigan plays Ball State this week. I could go on and on. So, I guess you are seeing things my way if agree that WVU is respected less than those three teams

Northern Illinois and BG got a game against Ohio Stae, because the MAC and the Big Ten have an agreement on games to be played. That agreement had probably been in the works for years. As for Cincy, I'm sure that game was scheduled a while ago, and it was scheduled so Ohio State could have yet *another* home game. And to even suggest Cinn. Northern Illinois, or Bowling Green are better than Louisville or WV(unlikely they're as good a Pitt or Rutgers too) or even more respected, is laughable.

Frisches13283 said:
Northern Illinois and BG got a game against Ohio Stae, because the MAC and the Big Ten have an agreement on games to be played. That agreement had probably been in the works for years. As for Cincy, I'm sure that game was scheduled a while ago, and it was scheduled so Ohio State could have yet *another* home game.And to even suggest Cinn. Northern Illinois, or Bowling Green are better than Louisville or WV(unlikely they're as good a Pitt or Rutgers too) or even more respected, is laughable.

I agree, but you seem to think that scheduling an out of conference team worth two cents is impossible. The facts are the facts. And the only thing that is laughable is the schedule of Big East "powerhouse" teams such as WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, etc.

Honsetly, play someone worth while then talk about stats, Heisman candidates, BCS bowls, etc...

Oboy said:
When this year?

Why do you say what "was" my opinion? Has it changed?
Simply a question.

Oboy said:
Nice redirect of the point that WV just has not played many quality teams. USC has. They have squeaked by in quite a few of them, but still won. So they are a good team. What is your point?
Uh, no they have not. They were simply getting by on reputation. It's frustrating that there is an inherent bias on the part of many. That was my point.

DonShula84 said:
Yes, but follow along with me. BC/Miami/VT leaving didnt force Big East teams to schedule Marshall, Eastern Washington, Temple, Middle Tenn, Howard, Ohio, Citadel etc etc. They set that up themselves. And even if you make the schedule 100 years in advance you know for a fact that a hundred years from that date those teams are still going to suck. They took those 3 good teams away like you said, but they added 3 complete cubcakes. You give them a pass for that, have fun and enjoy banging your head on the wall.
Actually, believe it or not (sigh) our state legislature mandated that. I hated the decision at the time, and I hate it now.

Back
Top Bottom