This will be painful to watch! | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will be painful to watch!

if the scandal doesn't happen you need 2 new OL. The OL wasn't good, it just wasn't bad either. It was mediocre. At times it was bad, at times it was good but overall middle of the pack.

ngbbs498dc46315d0f-1.jpg

It's amazing, after you beat NE no one was talking about the OL. it was all about how you were going to make the playoffs, QB leads you to 7 pts total in 2 final games and it's all the OL's fault.

What a completely untrue statement. The OL was talked about being awful at the Bye Week when he was sacked 24 times in 5 games.

What a completely untrue statement. The OL was talked about being awful at the Bye Week when he was sacked 24 times in 5 games.

the bye week came after game 5. you won 3 in a row in Dec and were in great shape to make the playoffs, non one was whining about the OL at that point. The only talk about it was bullygate but the OL the 2nd half of the season played pretty well.

and you gives keep spouting off the same crap too.

My crap makes a ton of sense, it comes from an objective perspective.

Your OL was good enough to make the playoffs with, your QB had more than enough opportunities to help his team win more games and make the playoffs. The OL played a role, the biggest culprit was the QB who vanished down the stretch.

yep, MY bias:lol2: I remember going into the season how the majority of the board was telling me this was a playoff bound team and how good the OL was going to be. I remember after you beat NE people make playoff reservations. How quickly things change and I am the biased one.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

how so? It was mediocre, your QB had chances to help the team win more games but his poor play(masked by decent #s) held you back. I don't care how bad an OL is, if you can only lead your O to 7 pts total in 2 games against non playoff bound teams that's on the QB especially when he wasn't touched against us in week 17.

down the stretch? you mean after he was sacked over 50 times? The oline was never good. Like i said, if they made the playoffs, they got no help from the oline.

The crux with Tannehill is basically those last two games at Buffalo and the Jets. For me, it isn't. We shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. Off the top of my head, I think we blew the Tampa game, the Carolina game was stolen off us, we could (maybe should) have beaten Baltimore and I truly believe our D completely gave away the Pats game. That's three/four victories that change Tannehill's season and the perspective we currently look through.

Despite that, we are left with the Buffalo and Jets games.

Now, Buffalo for me is just a terrible, horrendous match up for Miami. Their defensive rush and ability to create pressure against our decidedly bad OL is a recipe for disaster. You need a running game to stop their rush and we just don't have it. That must go in Tannehill's favour. Leaving him in the pocket to pick apart their secondary whilst their pass rush goes at our OL without a run game was, with hindsight, never going to work. I didn't count but how many sacks/fumbles/pressures did they put on our offense ? Geez, I bet it's a heck of a lot. So, in a nutshell, I'm okay with not blaming Tannehill here. He's really left to be a Lone Ranger against that D.

The Jets was different. We'd beaten them once where we ran the damn ball straight at them. We tired their line to the point where their D was done and Tannehill could drop back without the same pressure. He picked them off with ease, Smith was forced to pass and our DL made him look silly. That Jets game was the only time I felt our run game was even mildly effective all year. For whatever reason, we went away from that the second time. We went pass happy straight away and they managed to pressure us consistently. Smith was allowed to play a balanced offense because they controlled the game. Tannehill was poor in this one but I'm more blaming the coaching for that Jets game. I thought our plan against the Jets was poor and lacked intelligence. You had to give that Jets DL and rush respect. You had to be balanced and play patient football. We didn't and we paid the price.

So, yeah I think Tannehill could have done much better at times but mainly, the Bills are just an awful match up for any team without a viable run game whilst the final Jets game was awful all around, from the coaching to the execution.

Its an exercise in futility to try to blame the QB or line for this or that sack and here's why:

1. Replace Peyton Manning with Ryan Tannehill and I guarantee Manning doesn't take half the sacks, if the over/under that Manning would have been sacked 30 times I bet big on the under. Intangibles count and Manning would be proactive in making sure the line was ready. Manning also has better instincts on calling audibles and getting rid of the ball. So if you argue that Manning would only take 25 sacks with everything else being equal then that would mean Tannehill was responsible for the other 33.

2. Offensive Coordinator. I don't think Sherman was as bad as he's being portrayed around here but he certainly wasn't the best OC in the league either. He was inconsistent at best and predictable at times. Swap out Sherman with the best OC in the NFL and the sacks would be reduced even further, you could probably take away another 10. So with Peyton manning at QB and Sean Payton at OC we (arguably) go from 58 sacks to about 15.

3. Head Coach. I believe Philbin's philosophy is to always take what we're given -- pass to set up the run and run to set up the pass. The problem is opposing defenses don't respect our ability to pass so the pass is always "set up," which makes it easier on the defense to get after the QB. If we had a HC that believed in being more balanced regardless of the defense then the sacks would go down even further.

Denver with 19
N.O. with 33

but somehow we would have less than 15 with that QB and OC combo? That doesn't even make sense. Obviously Peyton is light years ahead of RT, but to pin 33 of the sacks on him is absurd.

Tannehill vs buttfumble: Accusing vs Excusing!

a) disingenuous; b) hypocritical; c) as objective in agenda as are Fox and MSNBC; d)Trollsmanship; e)all of the above????

it is mindboggling how little certain posters know about this game, comparing an O w/ Chaz Schilens as a starting WR to what Miami had last year.

it is mindboggling how little certain posters know about this game, comparing an O w/ Chaz Schilens as a starting WR to what Miami had last year.

Leave us alone then. Go talk to your Jets friends at GG. I'm sure there's a ton of people there who are experts at the game of football there.

again, you only come here to troll. you dont come here to 'debate'. Obvious is obvious.

Boom goes any argument that buttfumble, having lost 13 of his lat 19 and with only 1 non-charity winning season out of 4... would have done better than Geno, let alone taken the '13 Fins to the playoffs. On that worst of buttfumble 7min video.. I counted about 95% of the mistakes, gifting points to the opposition etc were entirely on that 3 year QB.

I'd go to Michael Lohan, Billy Ray Cyrus and Jeremy Bieber for parenting guidance before some "Superfans" for impartial QB evaluations. :idk:

again, you only come here to troll. you dont come here to 'debate'. Obvious is obvious.

You know what they say, "it's better to keep you mouth shut and let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". To bad Junc has opened his mouth more than 27,000 times on this site removing all doubt. It really says something about a person's football IQ when the team he supports fan web page thinks just as bad as or less of his posts/opinion regarding football acumen than that of a division rivals.

Back
Top Bottom