Tim Tebow cut....lets sign him. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tim Tebow cut....lets sign him.

Tebow did things against Miami that Henne and other QBs have never done: Put a team on his back and willed to a win.

Many QBs are mediocre and WORSE and stay in this league simply because they are "typical" QBs. But they are not winners.

Tebow is an an ATYPICAL QB, hence most teams shying away. But he's much more of a winner than many starters in the league, and better than at least half of the backups, imo.

LD
I have a lot of admiration for Tebow as a person and competitor but at this point you can't really say that worse QBs are starters. Whether you are "typical" or not you have to complete more than 50% of your passes to consistently win in this league.

IMO, most teams are staying away from giving him a chance for two reasons.

1. It doesn't look like he has progressed with time. His preseason showing actually looked worse than his games in Denver and against 2nd/3rd team players.
2. The irrational circus that follows him would insist on his starting before his time. Through no fault of his own no one will allow him to be a backup QB and develop.

We don't need Tebow as a backup and there is no evidence that he really wants to be a backup or develop at another position. Good guy but not a fit.

I have a lot of admiration for Tebow as a person and competitor but at this point you can't really say that worse QBs are starters. Whether you are "typical" or not you have to complete more than 50% of your passes to consistently win in this league.

IMO, most teams are staying away from giving him a chance for two reasons.

1. It doesn't look like he has progressed with time. His preseason showing actually looked worse than his games in Denver and against 2nd/3rd team players.
2. The irrational circus that follows him would insist on his starting before his time. Through no fault of his own no one will allow him to be a backup QB and develop.

We don't need Tebow as a backup and there is no evidence that he really wants to be a backup or develop at another position. Good guy but not a fit.

Note: I wasn't calling for Tebow to be a backup for the Phins.

Just that if someone offers him a QB job he would certainly do no worse than someone like Henne and chances are probably a lot better -- in the win column and excitement factor, that is.

LD

I'm not going through this thread, and I'm not sure if anyone has touched on this, but since "Tebow should play tight end" is something I hear a lot I'll bite.

I don't see how it's feasible. Can he catch? Does he know how to run routes? Can he block? Can he catch while being covered? Can he get separation? And is he suddenly going to do all this at a high level in the NFL?

There we go. No more Tebow tight end talk. Ever.

The Tebow faithful, never cease to amaze. You people would think he can part the Red Sea, if you listened to them.

roman this thread is the most offensive thing I have ever heard in my life"

The best reason to sign Tim Tebow could be to apply an old Belichick trick to sign him with the objective of learning the Patriots playbook. Tebow prides himself on his honesty, eg his candid answer on his virginity. If someone asks a question he has to tell the truth. His faith is extremely important to him and he has been taught to never lie.
While there is a side of me that sees the dark side of exploiting an honest and naive player, the other side of me would enjoy turning Belichick's manipulating tricks on himself.

I bet he can find the end zone better than Clay. We could also use some high character guys on this team. He could be used in other ways besides catching the ball. Hope you're curiosity is satisfied?

Bet what? You said you'd bet....What would you bet? I'm interested in this wager.

I think those who cut him forgot that HE can play other positions besides QB. Sure QB isnt his strong point in the Pros but, he can be lethal elsewhere in a different position imo...

How soon you all forget!!! Here is a reminder of what he did to the Miami Dolphins.

[video=youtube;fblr4Hrl_v4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fblr4Hrl_v4[/video]

Talk about quick to forget...

Maybe you didn't forget. Maybe the Denver v. Miami game is the only game you seen in which Tim Tebow played.

Ridiculous thread,RIDICULOUS !!! Just because he played for Florida,ridiculous ! So what,NFL defenses caught up to him,he was a passing fad,bad words,he cant PASS !!!!! When defense's caught up to him,everyone saw what he was with the Pats,I was hoping they would keep him to WEEKEN there team !!!

As a Florida gator fan having respect for Tebow and what he did for the gators and seeing him since he started as QB for the gators, best damn QB for the gators in college, my all time fave gator player, and even with all that said....... I give a resounding HELL NO as an NFL QB. Dude was a system QB in Meyers offense and played it perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom