Time to let the offense run this team... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Time to let the offense run this team...

That ball was there to be had.

We stripped Josh another time that his OLineman fell on.

We were ballhawkin' and not coming up with the ball enough.
Right. There are missed takeaways in almost every NFL game but that was a lot for one team - on a normal day we come up w 4 of those. On a great day 5-6 total. They were there as you say

Thats not true... blitzing increases mistakes both ways. If they capitalize on it, though luck, but you have shortened the units time on the field, giving your offense more opportunities. If your D capitalizes and banks on 3 INTs instead of zero, great! You've put your offense on the field more and in even better situations.
I love the blitz.

I just want to get home when I blitz, and I prefer to have my two corners out there.

I am aware we are a bltzing defense regardless.

So basically the Dolphins defense should just let the other team score quickly so the Dolphins offense can be on the field more.
No be more aggressive so that that they get off the field either soone or with a TO... If there werent any updise to blitzing... Teams wouldnt blitz.

Fins have the best passing offense in the NFL right now and a middle of the pack running game... lolwtf?
You need to look up middle of the pack. Right now the running game is taking a step back and watching from sidelines whilst Tua, WRs and Defense is winning games.

So basically the Dolphins defense should just let the other team score quickly so the Dolphins offense can be on the field more.
Perhaps you don’t realize that the Bills have the top offense in the league and the fact the defense held them to 17 points was phenomenal.

I am perfectly fine with the defense and I really don’t understand anyone complaining about the play of the defense when the team is 3-0. The only game where the defense had trouble preventing the opposition from scoring was the first half of the Ravens game and they came out after halftime and shut down the Ravens offense in the second half.
I think I tend to agree though NBP raises some really good points. I truly think on a normal day we come up w 4 turnovers and have more drives etc. Also, while the D couldn’t get off of the field they did limit big plays. I don’t think the Bills hit deep really - his YPA wasn’t good enough and that’s a credit to the D

No be more aggressive so that that they get off the field either soone or with a TO... If there werent any updise to blitzing... Teams wouldnt blitz.
There are upsides to blitzing.

The main one is sending more people than they can pick up so you knock the crap out of their QB, sack him, and maybe knock the ball loose and recover it.

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say here?

Blitz alot more and what happens happens? As long as we get the offense back on the field?
His point is that the defense isn’t really stopping the other team from scoring anyway, so you are better off being aggressive and trying to increase the number of possessions for your offense by, hopefully, creating a turnover with your aggressiveness.

His point is that the defense isn’t really stopping the other team from scoring anyway, so you are better off being aggressive and trying to increase the number of possessions for your offense by, hopefully, creating a turnover with your aggressiveness.
Exactly this... I know its counter intuitive as **** and I didnt expect more than a small amount of people getting it on the first go but yeah... Exactly this.

Allen threw right at the blitz and found great success. Little dunks were easily converted first downs and they were able to sustain long drives this way.

And we left a ton of tackles on the field which just proves how fast we are and how dominant we can be.

Let’s be honest, we were a lion that jumped on a 900 LB Buffalo and rode its neck until it collapsed from exhaustion. It was not an efficient kill to say the least.

I love the idea of putting everyone on the line and causing havoc with confusion but we have to bring 4 guys against the likes of Allen more often than naught.

I love- LOVE- the tenacity of the mindset but if I’m calling out where Allen was throwing due to the blitzing man from the comfort of my living room any QB worth his value will do the same.

His point is that the defense isn’t really stopping the other team from scoring anyway
Just want to add, "and its 100% keeping our team from scoring in the process"

Exactly this... I know its counter intuitive as **** and I didnt expect more than a small amount of people getting it on the first go but yeah... Exactly this.
That’s why I was a little disappointed McDaniel decided to punt in a couple of those fourth and short situations on there own side of the field. It ended up working out, but I didn’t like the idea of giving the most explosive offense in the league possession of the ball. Odds are, that offense is going to move the ball and score regardless of where their drive starts from.

That’s why I was a little disappointed McDaniel decided to punt in a couple of those fourth and short situations on there own side of the field. It ended up working out, but I didn’t like the idea of giving the most explosive offense in the league possession of the ball. odds are, that offense is going to move the ball and score regardless of where their drive starts from.
I mean for 2 decades, we've had a **** offense and everytime we played an elite QB, the major theme was: "We got to keep their offense of the field". Fast forward to right now, we have a top 3 offense in every meaningful efficiency metrics but lack in totals because teams ARE KEEPING OUR OFFENSE OFF THE FIELD SUCCESSFULLY.

Back
Top Bottom