Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited.

The wind was 30-40 mph.
Yeah, I get that. And generally I liked the strategy, especially since New England was winning big in the run game.

But there was one drive deep in Buffalo territory, where I think a few passes could have given the Patriots a more comfortable lead. Have to think there would have been a few opportunities.

Good thing the only possible bad weather game miami has left is @ Tennessee.
One of our playoff games is 50/50 likely to be in brutal weather IF we made playoffs.

We're having our fun with the win streak but, we know. It's good for a developmental season to have some edge to it. Raises everyone's game.

I think it's time to rethink the Josh Allen is elite narrative.

I will say, Allen had an elite 2020 season. But he hasn't been elite this year. And he wasn't even average in his first two years.

This loss showed his weaknesses. Missing open receivers, doesn't see the whole field, high throws etc. Even Brian Griese noted that if Allen had kept his eyes down field on a couple of occasions, there were open receivers.

Yes, it was a bad weather game and he did make a couple of wow plays. But, Beasley was wide open on that 4th down play and either Allen didn't see him or just made a bad decision.

Make that play and Buffalo most likely wins the game. Those are plays that most quarterbacks probably make. Certainly the elite ones.
I'm surprised by Allen's regression this year. Seems very different from last season, which was spectacular on its own.

One of our playoff games is 50/50 likely to be in brutal weather IF we made playoffs.

We're having our fun with the win streak but, we know. It's good for a developmental season to have some edge to it. Raises everyone's game.
I don’t care what the weather is for the playoff game, ill just be excited that Miami somehow is in a playoff game.

this season was and is essentially DOA re: winning it all.
You know what tipped me off to this? Our 1-7 start to the season. Seriously guys, this season's been over for a while. We can't be hypocrites and blast NE's winning streak over largely limited offensive teams and then act like we've done much to win five in a row. The only meaningful thing we may have done this year is show teams how to beat Lamar going forward. Oh but hope springs eternal for us with a game vs the Jets and two others vs. either Trevor Siemian or Taysom Hill and Ryan Tannehill sans Derrick Henry. Go Fins!

Ehh if anything our offense is built for games like you describe. Short quick high percentage passing. Snow might be a different case but rain/wind should be fine.

Let's be honest, NE could have won using the wildcat all game long.

Jones has played well for the Patriots this year, but it's interesting that they didn't trust him in this one.
it's not interesting.

he has a weak arm and is in trouble if asked to do too much (like attempt a pass this evening).

We are an incomplete team, for sure. Good in spots, but incomplete.

It’s like Orlovsky said - what if? What if Tua had a decent line? What if the Phins had a running game? Hopefully that’s all addressed this off-season.

Of course, that’s what we all said last offseason lol.
yeah, what if tua has Patriots rb, wow. I tell ya, patriots would not have won this game if not for Mac jones heroics tonight ha.

Accuracy was never his Forte
yeah I know it was windy but there were tds left on the field from his miss throws there. That one pass at end of the game would've been a huge first down that brought bills to goalline to where they would've had a good chance of getting a game winning td. But instead misses it

You know what tipped me off to this? Our 1-7 start to the season. Seriously guys, this season's been over for a while. We can't be hypocrites and blast NE's winning streak over largely limited offensive teams and then act like we've done much to win five in a row. The only meaningful thing we may have done this year is show teams how to beat Lamar going forward. Oh but hope springs eternal for us with a game vs the Jets and two others vs. either Trevor Siemian or Taysom Hill and Ryan Tannehill sans Derrick Henry. Go Fins!
below average teams lose to the jets, the saints with trevor siemian or taysom hill, and/or the derrick-henry-less titans.

are you going to **** on the accomplishment if we happen to win out?

competition wasn't high enough for you in an 8 game win streak, with the worst oline in football and no rushing attack?

Back
Top Bottom