Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited.

Also, it bugs me that the Bills have owned us cuz theyre very flawed.
They owned us because we were a different team earlier in the season. Don’t get me wrong they’d still beat us today but score would be much closer. They have a D that would keep our O limited

Honestly, the one thing yesterday’s game showed me was that both teams are flawed.

The AFC is up for grabs and if the football gods are on our side and we happen to make the playoffs, watch out.
The football gods are laughing at Miami this season. Why? Last season they gave Grier and Flores a little taste of what could be; Miami went 10-6 just missing the playoffs, and everyone could see that all they had to do was to improve the o-line and get a strong RB. But for 2021, Grier and Flores ignored the RB position and actually made the o-line even worse than it was last year! Grier and Flores kept the worst veteran o-lineman and got rid of the other starting veterans. Then they started four unproven 1st and 2nd year players and hired an inexperienced o-line coach. What??? Whose completely idiotic idea was this? Who puts four new guys on the o-line without any competent veteran presence and leadership AND gets a newbie o-line coach? Were they actively trying to get Tua killed? (This is a good point for the conspiracy theorists.)

What Grier and Flores had to do for this season was plainly obvious to everyone; fix the o-line and get a good RB#1. By ignoring the RB position and making what could be the dumbest o-line decisions ever, Grier and Flores gave Miami what is possibly the worst o-line in the league and the lowest ranked rushing game. These two morons are the reason why Miami lost 7 games in a row; if they had just built an average o-line and drafted a decent RB, Miami could be at the top of the Division and the #1 Seed!

I want to see if Doaks can do something
Obviously the coaches see him in practice everyday and don’t feel he isn’t good enough to play on Sunday’s. The fact they keep looking to bring in free agent RB’s instead of promoting him from the practice squad tells me all I need to know about Doaks and his ability to play in the NFL at this time.

I think it's time to rethink the Josh Allen is elite narrative.

I will say, Allen had an elite 2020 season. But he hasn't been elite this year. And he wasn't even average in his first two years.

This loss showed his weaknesses. Missing open receivers, doesn't see the whole field, high throws etc. Even Brian Griese noted that if Allen had kept his eyes down field on a couple of occasions, there were open receivers.

Yes, it was a bad weather game and he did make a couple of wow plays. But, Beasley was wide open on that 4th down play and either Allen didn't see him or just made a bad decision.

Make that play and Buffalo most likely wins the game. Those are plays that most quarterbacks probably make. Certainly the elite ones.
In the playoff game vs KC last year, same thing; pressure was on, his passes started going high, and off the mark.
He has his moments, but weaknesses too. I'm no D coordinator, but my goal would be to make him throw spot on passes. Maybe he'll be on, but that seems to be his Achilles Heel.

Just thinking how much i was hammered in the off season saying Najee Harris should have been a priority for tua/finz. Glad folks are coming around to not only tua/finz needing a big time rb to take us to the show but also realizing this "rb's are obsolete in today's nfl" is bull poo. It's as vital as ever if you want to be consistent winner. It's how the game was designed. If tua has a run game he can do his part to win in this league. The PRIORITY in this offseason is finding a big time rb for tus either by draft trade or f/a.

Obviously the coaches see him in practice everyday and don’t feel he isn’t good enough to play on Sunday’s. The fact they keep looking to bring in free agent RB’s instead of promoting him from the practice squad tells me all I need to know about Doaks and his ability to play in the NFL at this time.
They brought in lyndsay and thought he ckuld play and he played sell in carolina. Then they didn't play him at all against the giants. This regime has a screw loose and you can't use normal logic on why they do or don't do something.

If elements took away passing game, Dolphins would be hopeless.

Id love to see Miami fight for a playoff spot but with our inability to run the ball this season was and is essentially DOA re: winning it all.

I hope Grier is watching. Gotta get a running game going to win the big prize.
Soooo name the teams in the ENTIRE LEAGUE that can run the ball like the Patriots?

I’ll wait;;

Just thinking how much i was hammered in the off season saying Najee Harris should have been a priority for tua/finz. Glad folks are coming around to not only tua/finz needing a big time rb to take us to the show but also realizing this "rb's are obsolete in today's nfl" is bull poo. It's as vital as ever if you want to be consistent winner. It's how the game was designed. If tua has a run game he can do his part to win in this league. The PRIORITY in this offseason is finding a big time rb for tus either by draft trade or f/a.

Priority is to develop a competent offensive line to help whatever RB we do get be effective and also to protect a relatively fragile and to date injury prone QB. A strong O-line helps everyone on the team including the defense. They can get the best RB in the draft this year but if the O-line is still the worst in the league that RB will still be relatively ineffective.

Priority is to develop a competent offensive line to help whatever RB we do get be effective and also to protect a relatively fragile and to date injury prone QB. A strong O-line helps everyone on the team including the defense. They can get the best RB in the draft this year but if the O-line is still the worst in the league that RB will still be relatively ineffective.
THIS!

It's not rocket surgery. Our OL situation is just trash.

Weather screwed my fantasy team as I was down 35 pts but had Allen and Diggs to go.

Oh well.
i hate when that happens, and i actually pay a lot of attention to where games are being played when i hit the waiver wire for kickers and defenses, and set my lineup on passing game players.

i pick up kickers in nice weather or domes, pick defenses when it's a rainstorm, etc., bench QBs, tight ends, WR, if it's going to be windy. although studs (allen, diggs) would be hard to bench no matter what.

Harris is getting 20+ carries a game and is averaging 3.6 yards per carry? That’s not good!!! 😂

The reason the Steelers came back and won against the Ravens Sunday is because in the second half the Steelers abandoned the run and went to shotgun and pistol formations and let Ben make some great throws to Diontae Johnson and Claypool. The Steeler o-line is just as bad as ours is when running the football. You can’t just add a premium back and then all is fixed. Doesn’t work that way, just look at the Steelers.

Back
Top Bottom