Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited.

in both directions?

no passing attempts when you are driving with the wind?

just hand off hand off hand off and pray the Bills can't stop it (they couldn't)?
Dude if we could win a game throwing the damn ball 3 times my pants would be too tight in the groin area for about 6 months straight

Just got to see the highlights from the game last night, went to bed at 6 last night due to no electricity 😂

I live 1.5 hours SW of Orchard Park, NY ( where the Bills play their home games) and my power went out yesterday at 3pm due to high winds and weather. The power came back on around midnight.

After watching the highlights and knowing what the weather was like neat me with 40 mph winds, I can’t understand how people are ragging on both QBs? It’s laughable really… I don’t know where you guys are from but to play in conditions like that is extremely difficult…. 30-40 mph winds!!! I don’t care if you have a crosswind, or the wind is in your puss or at your back. Add to that the teen like temperature and it becomes very difficult to throw accurately under those conditions… The QBs mechanics aren’t great because he has trouble planting and setting his feet…. The ball is frozen, which makes it risky to throw and catch the ball. Add to it, the temperature in the teens and the lack of traction from the frozen turf which makes it difficult for the receivers to run precise routes. Just extremely tough conditions in my opinion.

I thought Allen looked like he played extremely well. As for Jones, I can guarantee you that Jones being from Florida and playing at Bama has never seen conditions like that in his entire playing career. It was a smart decision by Belicheck to try to win this on the ground. it was a great game plan.

I think it's time to rethink the Josh Allen is elite narrative.

I will say, Allen had an elite 2020 season. But he hasn't been elite this year. And he wasn't even average in his first two years.

This loss showed his weaknesses. Missing open receivers, doesn't see the whole field, high throws etc. Even Brian Griese noted that if Allen had kept his eyes down field on a couple of occasions, there were open receivers.

Yes, it was a bad weather game and he did make a couple of wow plays. But, Beasley was wide open on that 4th down play and either Allen didn't see him or just made a bad decision.

Make that play and Buffalo most likely wins the game. Those are plays that most quarterbacks probably make. Certainly the elite ones.

Dang he held the ball too long and made rookie mistakes...

I thought only Tua does that

Well, they definitely haven't asked him to do much. But he is part of this 9-4 team.

Hard to believe the Patriots have the best record in the AFC. Ugh.
AFC teams are not great this season compared to the NFC and I include the Patriots. They might have the best record but I am not seeing them as anything special. Chiefs, Ravens, Bills and Titans are all hit and miss. Patriots have benefited from that big time.
As for the game. It was on their patch so they are more used to adverse weather conditions and I always hear its a plus for them against opposition teams coming in. Bills couldn't stop the run. Pretty sure it would have been a different result if the Dolphins D had been on that field. Josh Allen is still decent but the flaws on that team were exposed big time with those weather conditions. Bills D were poor against the run and Bills couldn't rely on their running game.

Last edited:
in both directions?

no passing attempts when you are driving with the wind?

just hand off hand off hand off and pray the Bills can't stop it (they couldn't)?

I will say this, i dont know if i'd want to throw the ball with 30-40 mph wind at my back either. Sounds like a good way for the deep safety to catch him a few overthrown pics.

but yeah zero reason that mac couldnt complete some 2 yard passes to the left.

but back to topic.

I think Flores would call the exact same game plan as BB. But the pats really only had 2 drives. its not like they did anything impressive. They broke the long one early in the game. other than that it was 75% 3 and outs. not to mention, Tua's short passes do have a little bit of zip on them. I wouldnt trust him throwing 15-20 yards down the field because he does he get high on some of his passes he puts umph behind. Sadly i could also see FLores doing some super dumbass **** like putting Brisset in for alot of packages cause hes a bigger body

Honestly, the one thing yesterday’s game showed me was that both teams are flawed.

The AFC is up for grabs and if the football gods are on our side and we happen to make the playoffs, watch out.

Having one of the best Olines in the NFL who are well coached as well as great schemes is why the Pats are the best team in the AFC. Gets me sick to see what they are doing and is freaking unbelievable to be honest with ya! 🤬🤮🤮

Back
Top Bottom