Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tonight's Game shows why '21 Dolphins are limited.

Eh our current passing game works like a run game.

It would limit deeper throws, but our offense could still function in bad weather. At least it should.

In the playoff game vs KC last year, same thing; pressure was on, his passes started going high, and off the mark.
He has his moments, but weaknesses too. I'm no D coordinator, but my goal would be to make him throw spot on passes. Maybe he'll be on, but that seems to be his Achilles Heel.
I don't get why Allen plays so well against Miami. I think the Dolphins, generally, haven't done enough to account for his running abilities.

They brought in lyndsay and thought he ckuld play and he played sell in carolina. Then they didn't play him at all against the giants. This regime has a screw loose and you can't use normal logic on why they do or don't do something.
He suffered an ankle injury and was placed on the inactive list for the Giants game. I have no doubt he would have been active and played in the game if he had not suffered this injury. It’s hard to blame blame the “regime” for an injury to any player.

AFC teams are not great this season compared to the NFC and I include the Patriots. They might have the best record but I am not seeing them as anything special. Chiefs, Ravens, Bills and Titans are all hit and miss. Patriots have benefited from that big time.
As for the game. It was on their patch so they are more used to adverse weather conditions and I always hear its a plus for them against opposition teams coming in. Bills couldn't stop the run. Pretty sure it would have been a different result if the Dolphins D had been on that field. Josh Allen is still decent but the flaws on that team were exposed big time with those weather conditions. Bills D were poor against the run and Bills couldn't rely on their running game.
It was surprising to me to see the the Patriots run all over the Bills. New England was certainly the more physical team.

Dang he held the ball too long and made rookie mistakes...

I thought only Tua does that
That last series was just brutal for Allen. A veteran quarterback has to know that the middle of the field is going to be open on an all out blitz.

Not losing games is a pretty good Rookie quality though.
It's the ultimate team sport. He's just a piece, a solid dependable piece sure, but he's not as good as the media plays him to be. He doesn't carry anything, and he doesn't have to.

To see what Mac Jones is made of someone needs to get up on the Patriots and make him beat them. Unfortunately the Patriots are built to not let that happen.

Yes, we need a run game which is fundamental football which I think is lacking in the coaching regime and the front office. With the injuries we have seen of RB1's, I do not believe the team should be looking in round 1 of the draft. They should look to OL (Oh no Grier picking another 1st round OL failure) or another WR to complement Waddle.

They are a dime a dozen. Jets got Carter in the 3rd, SF got Mitchell in the 6th, I forget what round R. Stevenson was but Patriots got a player there, Bronco's got Williams in the 2nd, Colts got Jonathan Taylor in the 2nd a year ago. Do a little research and you could compile quite a list here. Don't really need to use a first rounder like Barkley or Najee to get there. Shelf life is generally short for RB's. Build that line and any number of RB's would do the trick for us.

Back
Top Bottom