Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Total Rebuild- Trade Stills, Wilson, & Grant?

People really overrate the **** out of draft picks. Few things dumber than trading good young players for draft picks.

Also, when did the 3 years myth start? It simply doesn't take that long to build a contender in today's NFL. If you get a legit QB, you're cookin', even though they nonsensically managed to make the O-line worse. A decent GM and good HC can turn it around in one year if you have a QB. So trading good young players for unknown draft picks makes no sense whatsoever.

Agree and disagree.

Yes on trading young talent for picks- not smart... unless...

You gotta ask what you are trading for, Gonzo. Let’s say we’re trading one of those guys to move up for a QB. Does that still make it stupid?

who can forget the first game circa 2016 when he dropped that wide open td pass that would have given us the lead.
i cant think of anyone in the Ds roster who has dropped as many.

Oh, I remember it, because people still cry about one of his rare drops. Doesn't change the fact that he has one of the lower drop percentages in the league.

Drake had 6 drops for an 8.2% drop rate.

Stills had 3 drops last year for 4.7%, which was his highest year, given his career % going into the season being 3.14%, ranking him #20 out of all active WRs with 300+ targets, which is better than the likes of AJ Green, OBJ, Amendola, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Devante Adams, Amari Cooper, and Julian Edelman. Sorry man, you're wrong again.

Agree and disagree.

Yes on trading young talent for picks- not smart... unless...

You gotta ask what you are trading for, Gonzo. Let’s say we’re trading one of those guys to move up for a QB. Does that still make it stupid?

Only if you can guarantee you get a top QB out of it. A late 1st rounder doesn't guarantee anything, thereby making it a stupid trade.

LOL for sure, Stills excels at dropping passes.

1i41rh.jpg

Only if you can guarantee you get a top QB out of it. A late 1st rounder doesn't guarantee anything, thereby making it a stupid trade.

Yes brother. I’m talking about going up to get Murray or Tua, the topest of the tipiddy top.

My point is that it’s the details of the trade that matters. What are you getting in return?

It’s not always a stupid move.

Again, though, I’m with you. Trading away these young talents if you’re just going to draft an unknown with the pick received in trade is absolutely stupid.

Yes brother. I’m talking about going up to get Murray or Tua, the topest of the tipiddy top.

My point is that it’s the details of the trade that matters. What are you getting in return?

It’s not always a stupid move.

Again, though, I’m with you. Trading away these young talents if you’re just going to draft an unknown with the pick received in trade is absolutely stupid.

Sure, if you can get some team to give up that high of a 1st for X, do it. Obviously not realistic.

Sure, if you can get some team to give up that high of a 1st for X, do it. Obviously not realistic.

Might be realistic in a package.

Otherwise no, not realistic.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

We have been told that our Dolphins are going through a rebuild, and that things will be rough for 2-3 years. I believe it will be more like days gone by with a 5 year rebuilding program, hoping I am wrong.

Regardless, we have three play making speed demons at WR and they are at peak value as trade value for picks. A closer look:

Stills (26)- Cost to trading team- $5M in 2019 and $7M in 2020

Wilson (26)- Cost to trading team- $0 in 2019 and $9.5M in 2020

Grant (26)- Cost to trading team- $720K in 2019 and FA in 2020.

The link at the top shows what FA WR's have been paid in FA and I believe we can get a 3rd round pick for Stills and Wilson and a 4th for Grant, as they are young, cheap play makers. We may get a bit more by going to 2020 picks (not a bad idea).

I do not want to let them go but, in 3 years (IF we get things together by then) they will all be 29 and new contracts will be needed by all three before then.

Trading now is our best option.

A 4th for Grant? Dude hasn't even broken 300 yards in a season or gotten more than 1 TD in a season. How the hell is he at peak value? I'm not saying he's a bad player but no way in hell is worth a 4th at this point in time.

Sorry everyone is tearing your terrible idea apart. Don't take it so hard, bud. Maybe you'll learn and not put forward such a dumb idea next time.

Funny you'd think that opinions dumb or not are what this place is for. (most people do)

You Know , Express your opinion ? Damn and your an administrator so what should people send you their opinions first and get your OK on what they can say....

I just want to believe that you honestly just don't get it because in the long run censoring or condemning posters because of their opinions is really a bad bad think, no matter who's doing it....
And your supposed to be a good influence. And Bumpus calling the poster a F***** Troll. H e l l o anybody in there ?

and ignoring disliked post just so very difficult to do

A 4th for Grant? Dude hasn't even broken 300 yards in a season or gotten more than 1 TD in a season. How the hell is he at peak value? I'm not saying he's a bad player but no way in hell is worth a 4th at this point in time.

But would you take a 4th for him?

I wouldn’t, IMO the potential has far more value.

But would you take a 4th for him?

I wouldn’t, IMO the potential has far more value.

A high 4th round pick...maybe...I would strongly consider it. He's had 3 years to turn potential into production and it hasn't happened yet. It may never happen and he may never be nothing more than a gadget player. IMO you get 3 years to prove yourself, and he's had his 3.

Back
Top Bottom