Trade Hartline and a 4th for A. Johnson | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Hartline and a 4th for A. Johnson

who's fault is it that he isn't a starter? Hartlines? shame on mean old hartline for being good enough to keep Matthews out of a starters role.

my point was that your comparison was absurd and shouldn't have been mentioned to begin with. Of course he hasnt put up two 1000+ seasons. You like to make arguements seemingly just for arguements sake, because, like this one, they seem to rarely make any rational point.

my point was that your comparison was absurd and shouldn't have been mentioned to begin with. Of course he hasnt put up two 1000+ seasons. You like to make arguements seemingly just for arguements sake, because, like this one, they seem to rarely make any rational point.
Oh it's not absurd. Hartline is the better receiver of the two. Hartline wasn't the starter here his first two years and still put up bigger numbers than Matthews. Matthews minus one game has zero tds in two years, and his yards per reception is about 5 less than hartline's for hartlines career.

for the too lazy to look it up but still want to anoint Matthews the heir apparent to megatron...

hartline's rookie season...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HartBr00/gamelog/2009/

matthew's rookie season...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattRi00/gamelog/2012/

Oh it's not absurd. Hartline is the better receiver of the two. Hartline wasn't the starter here his first two years and still put up bigger numbers than Matthews. Matthews minus one game has zero tds in two years, and his yards per reception is about 5 less than hartline's for hartlines career.

for the too lazy to look it up but still want to anoint Matthews the heir apparent to megatron...
hartline's rookie season...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HartBr00/gamelog/2009/

matthew's rookie season...
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattRi00/gamelog/2012/

:rolleyes2:

who was appointing him as such? No one. Such an overreaction (as usual) to a simple statement. Anytime anyone everpraises a player, suddenly we're annointing that player as a the NEXT GREATEST OF ALL TIME! No one said anything close to that. It's hard to argue with people that take everything to the extreme. Again, you just argue to argue.

who was appointing him as such? No one. Such an overreaction (as usual) to a simple statement. Anytime anyone everpraises a player, suddenly we're annointing that player as a the NEXT GREATEST OF ALL TIME! No one said anything close to that. It's hard to argue with people that take everything to the extreme. Again, you just argue to argue.
At first I thought you were responding to nyjunk...

so you pick one part of my retort to respond to, rather than admit that all evidence supports the fact that hartline has outperformed Matthews, even in hartline's first two seasons when he wasn't even a starter.

so you pick one part of my retort to respond to, rather than admit that all evidence supports the fact that hartline has outperformed Matthews, even in hartline's first two seasons when he wasn't even a starter.

just like you picked one part of RobertHorry's retort. His main point was Matthews is better than any of those WR's that you listed that never panned out to be very good. And he mentioned that Matthews even accomplished something that Hartline hadn't. Suddenly you're on a tirade proving Hartline is better than Matthews. Well no **** sherlock.

Andre is desending?
109 receptions with 1407 yards receiving in 2013
112 receptions with 1598 yards receiving in 2012

May all our receivers decend to such a degree

I would be very happy with 100 receptions with 1200 yds in 2014........ in Miami

just like you picked one part of RobertHorry's retort. His main point was Matthews is better than any of those WR's that you listed that never panned out to be very good. And he mentioned that Matthews even accomplished something that Hartline hadn't. Suddenly you're on a tirade proving Hartline is better than Matthews. Well no **** sherlock.
Hmmm I acknowledged that Matthews had one game with 2 tds, something hartline has not done. Then I went off and explained hartline has done a lot of things Matthews hasn't... a huge 250 yard game, a higher career YPR, earned a starters position, 2 back to back 1000 yard seasons. but hey, you like to argue for the sake of arguing.

Hmmm I acknowledged that Matthews had one game with 2 tds, something hartline has not done. Then I went off and explained hartline has done a lot of things Matthews hasn't... a huge 250 yard game, a higher career YPR, earned a starters position, 2 back to back 1000 yard seasons. but hey, you like to argue for the sake of arguing.

:lol: ok fair enough.

How did I miss this thread and it's absurdity? Hartline and a mid-round pick for Johnson? Yes please were do I sign and I'll help Hartline pack his suitcase. Hell I'll work his shift at that stupid gas station he owns so he can pack.

I'll take Johnson for the next 2 years over Hartline without even thinking about it, as long as we can shoe horn him into the cap. Wallace will be gone soon anyways, he's a dinosaur tribute to Ireland's last days. Any chance to get another superstar talent on this team (and he still has gas left in the tank per his stats over the past 2 seasons) I'd take every time.

Sorry but as Fin fans we need to face facts that the only premier talent we have on this team at the premium positions is Cam Wake, and maybe Brent Grimes. No one else is going to become a premier talent or has become a premier player yet. And I'd say only a few on the roster have the potential to.

How did I miss this thread and it's absurdity? Hartline and a mid-round pick for Johnson? Yes please were do I sign and I'll help Hartline pack his suitcase. Hell I'll work his shift at that stupid gas station he owns so he can pack.

Why is it stupid :idk:

Hartline is a better player right now but he's also maxed out. He's not going to get any better, and what he is just ain't all that great.

Matthews might get better -- he might flourish if given the opportunity, say, if Hartline was gone -- but I can't argue with someone who wants to say he has to earn his opportunity. Sometimes though all it takes is that opportunity. The player Matthews has always reminded me of is Miles Austin (a smaller version, obviously. There's also some Marty Booker there). He has the same kind of really thick springy legs that allows him to have good balance and run through contact. Well, despite all of his talent Austin only got his big opportunity because someone got injured. Of course, there are some big differences. Austin was always considered a smart guy and a hard worker, unlike Matthews. His problem was that he came from a tiny school (Monmouth) and needed to learn the game. Matthews on the other hand played a lot at a major college program and caught passes from a future NFL starter.

There was a report that Matthews and Philbin "cleared the air" this year and I hope they did. He's undoubtedly more of a natural talent than Hartline. I think he's the most naturally talented receiver on the team. He might not have the computer numbers of an Armon Binns but he's a more natural football player, has better hands and is a more naturally coordinated athlete.

I'll take Johnson for the next 2 years over Hartline without even thinking about it, as long as we can shoe horn him into the cap. Wallace will be gone soon anyways, he's a dinosaur tribute to Ireland's last days. Any chance to get another superstar talent on this team (and he still has gas left in the tank per his stats over the past 2 seasons) I'd take every time.

Sorry but as Fin fans we need to face facts that the only premier talent we have on this team at the premium positions is Cam Wake, and maybe Brent Grimes. No one else is going to become a premier talent or has become a premier player yet. And I'd say only a few on the roster have the potential to.

I dunno. I just dont think he's enough of an upgrade to warrant giving anything else up for him. Lord knows it wouldnt be a straight up trade Hartline for AJ.

But you said no one else is going to become premier? Many around the league have Clay in that category already. RT 'may' be there after this year. Then there's Jordan that, in my opinion, definately will be as well.

I dunno. I just dont think he's enough of an upgrade to warrant giving anything else up for him. Lord knows it wouldnt be a straight up trade Hartline for AJ.

But you said no one else is going to become premier? Many around the league have Clay in that category already. RT 'may' be there after this year. Then there's Jordan that, in my opinion, definately will be as well.

Sorry I missed typed that. I meant is premier now or has become premier yet. There's a few players on this squad that have that potential to become premier players. Clay is not one of them. I'd say Landry has a shot if he can become more explosive, Jordan has a shot if he can develop a work ethic, other than that I don't see any other premier talent at the premium positions on this team. I'm not even sure Tannehill (whom I like) will become anything more than a solid QB.

Back
Top Bottom