Trade Idea: Xavien Howard to Detroit | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trade Idea: Xavien Howard to Detroit

Yeah Howard has probably almost no trade market right now. Huge contract coming off an injury and off the field stuff that may result in a suspension. Zero chance he gets traded and If he does we will be getting back pennies on the dollar

Yeah Howard has probably almost no trade market right now. Huge contract coming off an injury and off the field stuff that may result in a suspension. Zero chance he gets traded and If he does we will be getting back pennies on the dollar
So Jalen Ramsey who is a huge Diva, talks a huge game but at times doesn't back it up, forced the Jags hand and made it be known to the world that he wanted out gets 2 1sts and a 4th but Xavien is worth nothing on the trade market. I'm sorry I don't agree with this at all. I'll say this though, I can understand if we may have to add on top of this offer like a 2021 3rd or 2021 2nd from Houston. That is probably reasonable.

Not even worth talking about.

unless there’s some kind of massive cap relief trade option in his contract I’m not aware of.

And even then if I’m miami why would the same staff/gm that gave him the extension bail a year later?

makes no sense

Reactions: A1.
So Jalen Ramsey who is a huge Diva, talks a huge game but at times doesn't back it up, forced the Jags hand and made it be known to the world that he wanted out gets 2 1sts and a 4th but Xavien is worth nothing on the trade market. I'm sorry I don't agree with this at all. I'll say this though, I can understand if we may have to add on top of this offer like a 2021 3rd or 2021 2nd from Houston. That is probably reasonable.

Difference is Ramsey didn’t sign an extension prior to his trade.

The DB room is crawling w/ decent depth. They proved it on the field last year. But it’s not crawling w/ good #1 corners.

don’t cut bait

I think you're looking at if we release him. Per Spotrac to me it looks like its $5.6M dead cap through trade unless I'm looking at it wrong. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/xavien-howard-18986/
Not even worth talking about.

unless there’s some kind of massive cap relief trade option in his contract I’m not aware of.

And even then if I’m miami why would the same staff/gm that gave him the extension bail a year later?

makes no sense
See my post above. Looks like there is a cap relief trade option

Difference is Ramsey didn’t sign an extension prior to his trade.
Call me crazy but I think Xaviens contract with us eating $5.6M this year is attactive for an acquiring team. If I'm reading Spotrac correctly $7.725M for the first year seems incredibly reasonable for a top 10 corner.

The DB room is crawling w/ decent depth. They proved it on the field last year. But it’s not crawling w/ good #1 corners.

don’t cut bait
I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm making a big assumption that we sign Byron Jones in this scenario to be our #1 corner and draft 2 in the 2nd round. Allow Boyer to coach them up.

I mentioned earlier in the thread. I'm making a big assumption that we sign Byron Jones in this scenario to be our #1 corner and draft 2 in the 2nd round. Allow Boyer to coach them up.

i like Byron Jones but you’re kissing goodbye a lot of take aways going from X to jones

X isn’t the leagues best cover man but he’s premier and he’s top shelf ball skills. Jones doesn’t have half ofXs potential for take aways

Call me crazy but I think Xaviens contract with us eating $5.6M this year is attactive for an acquiring team. If I'm reading Spotrac correctly $7.725M for the first year seems incredibly reasonable for a top 10 corner.

I don’t see how that’s possible. It’s got a 2022 potential cut year with minimal hit but even in trade unless they front loaded the hell out of that sucker on the bonus and 2019 salary I just don’t see how you get out that easy on the guy you made the highest paid corner in football a year prior.

and the other part of it for me at least is I’m not sure why I’d want to. I got plenty of money already. And I’m about to have a qb on a 5 year full control rookie contract.

On another note though I do like byron jones he’s a hell of an athlete and he’s gonna cost top 5 money wherever he ends up. And he’s got real good physical tools.

I don’t see how that’s possible. It’s got a 2022 potential cut year with minimal hit but even in trade unless they front loaded the hell out of that sucker on the bonus and 2019 salary I just don’t see how you get out that easy on the guy you made the highest paid corner in football a year prior.

and the other part of it for me at least is I’m not sure why I’d want to. I got plenty of money already. And I’m about to have a qb on a 5 year full control rookie contract.
I don't really want to get rid of Xavien. I'd just simply prefer locking up Tua and Wills and not risk waiting for an OT at 18. I'll take the downgrade from Xavien to Byron Jones to make this happen. That's my opinion though, you and a lot of other posters have made some good points though against this.

I don't really want to get rid of Xavien. I'd just simply prefer locking up Tua and Wills and not risk waiting for an OT at 18. I'll take the downgrade from Xavien to Byron Jones to make this happen. That's my opinion though, you and a lot of other posters have made some good points though against this.

Wait so you are trading what exactly for in return? X won’t get you the 5 pick by himself with that contract attached. So what’s the deal exactly that lands tua and wills ? (I’m not in love witb the player top 5 personally)

Back
Top Bottom