True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

Pitts will be fine. I say this all the time bc it's a fact, Tight-ends take more time to break out in the NFL than any other offensive position. They have to learn so much, the route trees, the passing playback, how to be an extra Olinemen and learn the run game assignments. It just takes extra time to make all of those things turn into muscle memory.
Geez but you’d think a guy like Pitts might not have to follow that curve! 🤔

A GM's job is to build the best roster he can and manage the salary cap to keep that roster strong. Anybody who just bases a GM's job on the record or playoff wins just doesn't understand the job.
A****inmen. 👑

I for one am sick of the Dolphins training coaches and GM's and then firing them. The GM has a lot to learn which the multifaceted job requires. He/She also has to develop working relationships with everyone in the organization...... Plus, the GM needs to make friends with other teams' GM's. Grier has relations with Philly, San Fran, Houston, LA Rams.... He is demonstrating that skill. He has also traded Draft Capital well.... He needs to work on player selection, but that changes with each coaching change and he is only in year 2 with MM. I think he will improve that.

Speaking of MM....

Please come visit my March Madness thread... I would very much appreciate your VOTE!

Last edited:
The problem is that this team has fundamental problems. Specifically the oline. If Tua gets hurt year in and year out because Chris Grier cant protect him then it doesnt matter what else he does. If the run game is the last in the league again this year after this guy made no moves to improve the oline or running backs that will be negligence on his part.
The Oline was improved last year. I agree that it is the one area that still needs to be addressed this year. Let’s see where it is when the season starts.

I agree that this is likely the best roster the Dolphins have had in almost 3 decades. Yet the last great roster they had going into the season was the 1995 Dolphins that was loaded with first round draft picks.

That team was picked by many experts to win the SB prior to season. They made the playoffs after coming in 3rd in the AFC East division but lost to the Bills in the first round of the playoffs.

That ended up being Don Shula’s last year as the Dolphins head coach. I just hope this loaded roster has a lot more success than the last Dolphins loaded roster had.
That thought had crossed my mind. It’s all about Tua’s availability IMHO.if he doesn’t miss any significant time we will be a contender. If he misses significant time we won’t.

It should be…they’ve gone all in…

It’s all riding on the fragile QB and the hope and prayer he can finally have a healthy season…..

Grier has set up a short window to take a shot at a ring, I just would have liked a more reliable QB….

In the end, you don’t make history with preseason potential based on roster grading….
Hard to argue that point.

My argument is always about the draft… not acquiring expensive FA. That, and you’re as good as your coaching hires and their record.
Tunsil trade returned a lot. At the end of the day, the draft is only one avenue available. What matters is the talent and then the results. We have the talent now it’s about getting results.

Just looked. Cincy and chiefs are 11.5
Jags are at 10.5

Bills are at 10.5

Jets dolphins browns chargers at 9.5

This is our best team in years but the conference and division is loaded.

If we are healthy do you guys see us as sure bet to make playoffs? Or sneak in?

Of course not, i never said that. But it ultimately falls on him for his hires and draft picks. It isn’t rocket science.
True, but so far, going into 2023 he seems to be making the right moves. We'll see how it goes on the field.

Love that you didn't get offended. Respect my brotha!!
Yup it’s one thing to post an opinion and back it up… It’s another thing to throw **** against the wall and run when it slides down. cough, cough, Respect.

At some point you have to be competitive in the playoffs. Miami should be at that point.

The goal is to win championship and I'm hopeful that the Dolphins can do that over the next several years.

Sadly... the previous regime BADLY abused AJ. He's a LT, no he's a LG, no... we'll move him over here.

I'm sorry, but that was just stupid. We had the youngest Offensive Lineman in the entire league, a guy who we KNEW might be a little green, and then we moved him all over the line. Just mind bogglingly stupid. Flores' people were complete idiots.

In last year's camp... AJ was allowed to remain in a single position and reports were VERY positive. The coaches were convinced, and he looked really good in the preseason practices and games... then it came undone with an injury.

I believe that the main reason we have no done more to replace him is they REALLY liked what they saw, and let's be honest... the coaches saw so much more than any fan can.
I agree and hope he has an injury free strong season.

Back
Top Bottom