True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

Bottom line is that this roster looks elite and the defense won't be held back by Boyer anymore.

We're going to walk into next season and be talked about as a Super Bowl contender and it's because of our GM so... if you still hate on him then you clearly have an axe to grind for no reason whatsoever.

Let me see, didn't the last three HC's account for two playoff games?
That seems to be an improvement over the previous 16 years.
Look at those hires by Ross. Gase.. an ESPN creation. Clueless Joe. Hyped by Ross’ confidantes. Tony… Parcells abusing HWayne. Bad ownership then elevates employees like Grier who sat by and watched the continued destruction of a once great franchise and said, nor did ANYTHING.. for fear of their gig. Go along to get along. That painfully said, perhaps Grier’s time with Flo has helped steel CG. The recent deals have not been those of desperation, but more like a solid negotiator. BUT…. If the OLine isn’t fixed by end of season, what the . We saw what happened to the Chiefs when their OLine was decimated. No way the Dolphins can reach deep into the playoffs with average RBs and a porous OLine.

I will say this about Grier. He’s gotten more aggressive (not desperate) in his deals and he is managing the roster more in line w where the NFL is heading. It used to be “just focus on the draft and grow your own” but that’s changing.

The Rams went all in w big name FAs and trades and won it. The Bucs did the same when the got Brady as they added Grnk and 4-Net and a host of other “win now” pieces.

Yes you have to get good starters in the draft. But to build via the draft is a bit of misnomer now as you have to hit on at least 3 in a row and then win the SB shortly after before you lose a bunch of dude to FA. So the way I see it, your window isn’t much larger than taking a shot w moves that swap picks for talents like Hill, Chubb-dub and Ramsey the Great

My 2 cents

The excuses people make for this dude are unbelievable. Every off season Grier is the king of managers. Then the games start happening with the same results and blemishes.

So let's say he was just a fly on the wall for 20 years and a real person for the last 7. What's the timeline for getting results? Give the guy another decade just to make more excuses and circle back to "he wasn't the real GM. He wasn't even responsible for those picks!"?

The only thing this guy is good at is being the scapegoat master. He is responsible for the good and others the bad. He's rubber, you're glue.

Fair but Grier is buying groceries for his third Chef though…

This franchise is starving for sustainable long term continuity, easier said than done in the modern NFL. I firmly believe McD is the guy to bring that, he's just got to keep developing and building year to year. I'm super encouraged with his comments today. If Grier can just have the same blueprint for more than a year or two I'm optimistic he can be successful. That being said, if somehow McD doesn't work out, I'm probably in favor of a full house cleaning. At that point Grier would have to be seen as a major component of the problem, third time's a charm and all of that. Unless, of course, Grier has pictures of Steve Ross doing unthinkable things with a goat. Then we're stuck with him.

Look at those hires by Ross. Gase.. an ESPN creation. Clueless Joe. Hyped by Ross’ confidantes. Tony… Parcells abusing HWayne. Bad ownership then elevates employees like Grier who sat by and watched the continued destruction of a once great franchise and said, nor did ANYTHING.. for fear of their gig. Go along to get along. That painfully said, perhaps Grier’s time with Flo has helped steel CG. The recent deals have not been those of desperation, but more like a solid negotiator. BUT…. If the OLine isn’t fixed by end of season, what the . We saw what happened to the Chiefs when their OLine was decimated. No way the Dolphins can reach deep into the playoffs with average RBs and a porous OLine.
I notice you didn't address the fact we started to get into the playoffs.
No surprises in that.

The excuses people make for this dude are unbelievable. Every off season Grier is the king of managers. Then the games start happening with the same results and blemishes.

So let's say he was just a fly on the wall for 20 years and a real person for the last 7. What's the timeline for getting results? Give the guy another decade just to make more excuses and circle back to "he wasn't the real GM. He wasn't even responsible for those picks!"?

The only thing this guy is good at is being the scapegoat master. He is responsible for the good and others the bad. He's rubber, you're glue.
He can come out and admit to certain things that he’s done, and these people will still blame Brian Flores, or Tannenbaum, or Ross, or the equipment manager, etc.

Honest question: If you were to rank rosters in the NFL, how many teams have more talent on them than we do?

Honest question: If you were to rank rosters in the NFL, how many teams have more talent on them than we do?

We look good on paper. I'll give him that. He's good at trades & free agency for the most part, depending on the year. The draft is where the main mistakes are made, which is the most important part of his job.

I give him credit when its due and tear him apart when the bed is shat. It is typically the latter.

Dunno how many of y'all understand Army Talk, but I'll give my analogy of Grier. Grier is the NCO of the dolphins. He has power, and respect, but his main job his to execute his coaches will to the best of his ability. Mcdaniel is the Platoon Leader, or the guy making decisions in order to actually win the ball games, and says for Grier to go out and Do "X", so that the wins come forth. If his PL has a bad plan, doesn't really matter what the NCO does. The analogy is a bit murky bc NCO's usually are the people training the soldiers in a Platoon, which is McDaniels job, but in so far as "i need this, can we get it" is what Grier's job is. And his ability to do so is pretty good and mostly cost effective. Is he the best? No. Is he pretty good and better than the average GM? I'd take Grier over pretty much everyone minus the universally renowned guys.

edit: this isn't a perfect analogy, feel free to critique it.

Dunno how many of y'all understand Army Talk, but I'll give my analogy of Grier. Grier is the NCO of the dolphins. He has power, and respect, but his main job his to execute his coaches will to the best of his ability. Mcdaniel is the Platoon Leader, or the guy making decisions in order to actually win the ball games, and says for Grier to go out and Do "X", so that the wins come forth. If his PL has a bad plan, doesn't really matter what the NCO does. The analogy is a bit murky bc NCO's usually are the people training the soldiers in a Platoon, which is McDaniels job, but in so far as "i need this, can we get it" is what Grier's job is. And his ability to do so is pretty good and mostly cost effective. Is he the best? No. Is he pretty good and better than the average GM? I'd take Grier over pretty much everyone minus the universally renowned guys.

edit: this isn't a perfect analogy, feel free to critique it.

OK, you are almost right. - rLOL

I would call him average, as that has been our record over the last several years......right around .500. We do have a lot of talent, but we also still have huge questions on the OL. The OL has been the biggest issue this team has had for more than a decade. I don't care how much talent he has acquired, if the OL fails again this year, and gets our QB killed, he has failed again. It is his job to put a winning team together, not just talent at certain positions.

Back
Top Bottom