True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

Let’s ring up Grier and tell him he’s getting a pass. I’m sure the relief on his part will be substantial. No offense to you specifically but all the people that are dolling out or withholding him “getting a pass” from their sofa on a phone or laptop in their pajamas is laughable.
Stop drinking. I was talking about AJ, not Grier, and I was talking to someone else who can cogently opine on the subject.

I think you've greatly underestimated Ross and his pals here. Of course they are clueless. But Boss Ross is real sweet at signing big ol' checks, he should stay firmly in that lane.

70d843d0-3a95-4556-bd09-aa38ad7903ff_text.gif

They may be dumb, but they are smarter than many of the fans, like it or not!

It doesn't bother me at all... you can't attend everything, and you do have staff for the other events.

Hunt has been really good... and Jackson still might be. I certainly won't hold his ankle injuries last year against him. I'm more or less astonished that so many do.
You can’t attend everything? Really? Agreed, Hunt has been good, a top15 guard-tackle. Or better?
Jackson was 2nd round talent draft due to a desperate need. Never a good thing. Ronnie Brown, remember him? Jackson’s injuries occur because his body isn’t NFL strong. He’s injured every year. But so is Armstead. Can’t have 2 perennially injured guys on one OLine. That’s why Liam, should be a reserve as well. I’m astonished our GM sees no issues with Liam nor Jackson. I understand it’s part of the game to hide your cards. But resigning all the scrub OLine guys last week cost the team millions. Yeah, camp bodies, I know.

My favorite is how so many seem to act like assembling this roster via FA and draft over the years to now be amongst the best in the league is the expectation. Many make it out like it's simple. If it is, why do so many teams have less talent. We just got the best CB in the league for Hunter Long and a freaking third round pick. We fleeced him and he's loving it because he wants to be here because of what we've assembled and the notoriety Mcd (his hire)'s offense has because of Hill (his acquisition) and Waddle (his draft pick) with Tua (his draft pick). I mean, let's just stop bandying around some faux blame. I can't speak for others, but I'm more excited going into this season with legit AFC champ game expectations because of what Grier has done. Those that need to continue to whine about how we haven't won a playoff game almost don't deserve what's coming. There should be a special list at Dolphins HQ for those of us who never lost faith.
I’ve never lost faith the Fins would win a playoff game again but the nagging question since I was 26 (now 49) is when?

I am more excited for this year than any in that stretch absolutely 100% to the point I think I’ll put cash on us to win the AFC so I have Super Bowl $$ when that happens God willing.

Grier deserves credit for going for it here and assembling a very strong roster on paper. No one said it’s easy but we are at the culmination of a rebuild where Grier has had more picks and cap money than most if not all GM’s in that time. So there are expectations as there should be.

Mainly start winning. Win the division, win in the playoffs. Heaven to Betsy win the SB again. Will need Tua to do any of that, Grier’s cornerstone pick. So if it works out Grier will get all the credit in the world. If not, we’ll let’s not consider it.

I find it funny how everybody says we haven’t won a playoff game. That’s coaching in my opinion.

For me part of the GM responsibility is having a high-quality team. If you look at all the personnel on our team today versus other teams, he has done a very good job of adding quality players. For me Griers been really good.

The second game against Buffalo this year Tua hit Sherfield right between the numbers in the end zone in Sheffield dropped it. That’s not Griers fault.

I remember when Tampa Bay had really good players, but never made long runs in the playoffs. They switched out their coach for Gruden, who immediately came in and won a Super Bowl.
Have to check, but I’ll wager there were a few good offensive players that came in… as well as a good defense.
The GM helps to hire the HC. Griers record in that dept… not good… unless McD sustains and builds this year.

Have to check, but I’ll wager there were a few good offensive players that came in… as well as a good defense.
The GM helps to hire the HC. Griers record in that dept… not good… unless McD sustains and builds this year.

Let me see, didn't the last three HC's account for two playoff games?
That seems to be an improvement over the previous 16 years.

Reasonable.

They may be dumb, but they are smarter than many of the fans, like it or not!
I contend they are utterly and completely clueless when it comes to the nuts and bolts of actual football. Pretty smart fellas actually, not too many dumb billionaires roaming the planet last I checked. They just can't seem to avoid the falling anvils , exploding dynamite, and oncoming freight trains when they hatch their devious schemes. Hopefully we've seen the last of those exploits.

At some point you have to be competitive in the playoffs. Miami should be at that point.

The goal is to win championship and I'm hopeful that the Dolphins can do that over the next several years.
Two years*

In 2025 we will need to pay Tua and make massive changes to the roster to make that happen. We will probably be forced to cut quite a few vets and eat a boat load of dead money in 25 and 26.

We have a 2 year window while having an elite roster.

Tough to be considered a top GM in the NFL when your franchise has not won a playoff game in 2 decades. Particularly when you’ve been part of said franchise since 2000 and the GM since 2016. I think he has made good moves the past few years, but it doesn’t mean much if we don’t win.
That is the measuring stick this year for sure,

I contend they are utterly and completely clueless when it comes to the nuts and bolts of actual football. Pretty smart fellas actually, not too many dumb billionaires roaming the planet last I checked. They just can't seem to avoid the falling anvils , exploding dynamite, and oncoming freight trains when they hatch their devious schemes. Hopefully we've seen the last of those exploits.
There choices become reality and can be judged, while Fan's choices can change year to year and still most don't occur and therefor can't be judged.

This is why I give more credit to those that do, as opposed to the just dream "do it my way" then they whine brigades.

Back
Top Bottom