True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

LOL... most wanted Tua as the #1. Tank for Tua... at worst, he was the third QB in that draft.

Bone marrow donation does not denote injury prone... that's a REALLY silly comparison.

and there were many in the SEC who said that IGGY was the best CB they'd seen.

The only horrendous thing here is your take.
Austin Jackson was not fully developed…and his recovery from bone marrow donation stagnated that development at USC…Iggy was a total reach based on potential not football play.

Not sure how your revisionist history has any relevance when Tua has never had a healthy complete season…Austin Jackson has been more than disappointing…and Iggy an even clearer bust?

Last edited:
There is a simple measurement for how good or bad Chris Grier is. I know that we can all point to this move or that move that didn’t work out or that a better move could’ve been made, but the true measurement of Chris Grier and his skill or success is how talented is the roster he has a assembled, and then how far does it get this year.

On paper, this looks like the most talented Dolphins roster I’ve seen in 30 years. For all of the criticism, this is a talented roster.
My argument is always about the draft… not acquiring expensive FA. That, and you’re as good as your coaching hires and their record.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Yes, he's made some mistakes, but I am guessing Ross and his inner circle aren't as clueless as some think they are. Grier is a decent GM and he has improved these last few years. There is a lot that goes into winning and GMs have different styles. If coaches want input and a say on the menu, Grier will use their input and shop for the groceries.
Not a ROY in 23 years… a coincidence? Karma, Dolphin curse? He is the Patriots gift that keeps on giving. Got his gig with the Patsies through his dad Bobby, a former NFL Exec.

The captain go down with the ship….he was GM, we all know Flores didn’t want Tua!

Some poor very important foundational draft picks….
Too soon to put a headstone on Tua or AJ. Frankly, Helen Keller could see Iggy doesn't belong, no argument there. Going on your theory that it's entirely on Grier, are you saying Flores, as a defensive minded coach, bears no blame for signing off on Iggy as a first round talent ? Or that perhaps if Flores wasn't so beligerently ignorant to the offensive side of the ball that he could've possibly had some valid input when it came to the other two picks? If I'm Chris Grier, I would listen to what Coach F had to say about drafting offensive players, and then immediately do the complete opposite. That's a recipe for disaster. In contrast Grier and McD appear to be truly working in tandem, it's early but at least we don't have Boss Ross having to play referee anymore. The presence of Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie also cannot be underestimated. I believe Chris Grier's best days as GM are ahead of him .

With all the family members Grier has on this board, i’m surprised none of them thought to start a “Happy Birthday” thread for him yesterday.
How come you didn’t remind me doll found since 93? Cuz is gonna be furious!

Exactly…mixed bag!

Any GM can throw around money and draft picks to put some talent on the roster….

The true measure for Grier will be his pick at Franchise QB and if this roster can even achieve any postseason success…..?

Sadly, I was present at Hard Rock for the last Dolphin playoff win in 2000…going on 23 years ago….

How long has Grier been in this organization?

Oh yeah…since 2000?
How longs he been the one making the decisions ?

When I look at Grier (and I am an unabashed fan of what he's been doing), what I see is a constant ability to get more out of trades than he should, and to sign players for less than he should be able to do.

Other than the short-term contracts that we handed out when we were a horrible squad, he just keeps getting players for less than the market price: David Long, DeShon Elliot, Connor Williams, Eric Saubert, Malik Reed... all steals. Even the higher ticket signings of Armstead, Ramsey, and Ogbah came in at less than the expected prices floated by the experts.

Then he gets productive vets like Mostert, Wilson, Riley, Ingram, Berrios, Feeney... etc etc... to come in on very reasonable, low dollar amounts.

The trades? Tunsil. Ramsey, Chubb, Hill... all for terms that favoured us.

Those who bash Grier always focus on very small-minded ideas... this or that guy has been a bust, they childishly whine-- never mentioning that EVERY team has their share of busts. But but but... IGGY sucks they cry. Yeah... a lot of well drafted guys don't make it... but Tua looks pretty good, and Phillips... So does Robert Hunt. And this safety we got named Holland. Oh... and Wilkins has proven to be one of the best in the league... and Van Ginkle has been fun from the fifth... oh, and Needham and Kohou have been STEALS from the UDFA class.

Since Grier has been in actual charge of this thing... we've become very good, very fast.

...and that, we have not won a playoff game in 20 years crap. Grier took over just before the draft in 2016. Just figure that he's had control from 2017 on...
As a head of scouting, he would have been fired or at least demoted for guys like Michael Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Jon Martin, Dion Jordan, and passing on TJWatt for Charles Harris. There are more. Too depressing to go on.
Yeah and how many of them won?
one, and another should have.

As a head of scouting, he would have been fired or at least demoted for guys like Michael Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Jon Martin, Dion Jordan, and passing on TJWatt for Charles Harris. There are more. Too depressing to go on.

one, and another should have.
Well one out of three’s not too bad. (.333) I assume you’re talking the Rams? If so, now you can relax because that’s the exact path Grier’s takin…minus the hiring of an over the hill quarterback in Matthew Stafford.

Back
Top Bottom