True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

There is a simple measurement for how good or bad Chris Grier is. I know that we can all point to this move or that move that didn’t work out or that a better move could’ve been made, but the true measurement of Chris Grier and his skill or success is how talented is the roster he has a assembled, and then how far does it get this year.

On paper, this looks like the most talented Dolphins roster I’ve seen in 30 years. For all of the criticism, this is a talented roster.
It should be…they’ve gone all in…

It’s all riding on the fragile QB and the hope and prayer he can finally have a healthy season…..

Grier has set up a short window to take a shot at a ring, I just would have liked a more reliable QB….

In the end, you don’t make history with preseason potential based on roster grading….

Nearly every other issue this team had has been addressed more than adequately which leads me to believe attention going forward should be laser focused on o-line and TE. If it's not, and the team breaks training camp hoping and praying, I will be the first to brandish my pitchfork . The draft is still to come (with limited resourses admittedly), second/third/etc. waves of free agency , camp cuts, potential trades for future assets, in short there are multiple opportunites to improve the o-line still to come. I'm particularly encouraged by the fact that league wide a trend has developed where really good vets , certainly discouraged by present market value for their services, seem content to wait it out. And a whole lot of them are o-linemen, players who multiple PROFESSIONAL analysts seem to approve of.

The Dolphins were never going to give McGlinchey or any other high priced RT an exhorbitant contract IMO. It also doesn't make any sense, as many have suggested, to sign or trade for a LT and then jam the square peg into a round hole. Like it or not it certainly appears as of today Eich and AJ will be given every opportunity to win starting jobs. I'm just not sure what else Grier was supposed to do 10 days into free agency, maybe somebody could enlighten me? There are, fortunately, miles to go until the rubber meets the road. Until such time, I will continue to believe (hope maybe? pray?) reinforcements are on the way and let the people who get paid to build a team do their jobs.
Many good points there sofa King drunk… What I really need to know is - do you store the pitchfork in the sofa? Cuz if you do watch out - you might poke yourself!? 🍕 (that’s sofa pizza)

I agree that this is likely the best roster the Dolphins have had in almost 3 decades. Yet the last great roster they had going into the season was the 1995 Dolphins that was loaded with first round draft picks.

That team was picked by many experts to win the SB prior to season. They made the playoffs after coming in 3rd in the AFC East division but lost to the Bills in the first round of the playoffs.

That ended up being Don Shula’s last year as the Dolphins head coach. I just hope this loaded roster has a lot more success than the last Dolphins loaded roster had.
Now I know what you want Grier
to do!…you want him to pull himself out of a hat! 🤠

Many good points there sofa King drunk… What I really need to know is - do you store the pitchfork in the sofa? Cuz if you do watch out - you might poke yourself!? 🍕 (that’s sofa pizza)
Nah, only thing stored in my sofa are remote controls and loose change. Pitchfork is in my trunk, never know when I might run into my ex-wife, after all she usually shows up on a broom and I need to be prepared. I kid, I kid ....(sorta).

It should be…they’ve gone all in…

It’s all riding on the fragile QB and the hope and prayer he can finally have a healthy season…..

Grier has set up a short window to take a shot at a ring, I just would have liked a more reliable QB….

In the end, you don’t make history with preseason potential based on roster grading….
Yup and you don’t stop tryin till ya get there!

Nah, only thing stored in my sofa are remote controls and loose change. Pitchfork is in my trunk, never know when I might run into my ex-wife, after all she usually shows up on a broom and I need to be prepared. I kid, I kid ....(sorta).
Oh no hey I’ve had first-hand experience living with a Witch She was the nice kind though… Still at times it was dicey to say the least! Ha ha 🧜‍♀️🎲

Speaking of which, I mean Witch…**** - dunno what I mean.. haha - have you ever seen the movie “The Witch”. A lovely New England folk tale. 🎃

Last edited:
Tough to be considered a top GM in the NFL when your franchise has not won a playoff game in 2 decades. Particularly when you’ve been part of said franchise since 2000 and the GM since 2016. I think he has made good moves the past few years, but it doesn’t mean much if we don’t win.
Exactly…mixed bag!

Any GM can throw around money and draft picks to put some talent on the roster….

The true measure for Grier will be his pick at Franchise QB and if this roster can even achieve any postseason success…..?

Sadly, I was present at Hard Rock for the last Dolphin playoff win in 2000…going on 23 years ago….

How long has Grier been in this organization?

Oh yeah…since 2000?

Oh no hey I’ve had first-hand experience living with a Witch She was the nice kind though… Still at times it was dicey to say the least! Ha ha 🧜‍♀️🎲

Speaking of which, I mean Witch…**** - dunno what I mean.. haha - have you ever seen the movie “The Witch”. A lovely New England folk tale. 🎃
**** I’m replying to my own post. Sheet

Exactly…mixed bag!

Any GM can throw around money and draft picks to put some talent on the roster….

The true measure for Grier will be his pick at Franchise QB and if this roster can even achieve any postseason success…..?

Sadly, I was present at Hard Rock for the last Dolphin playoff win in 2000…going on 23 years ago….

How long has Grier been in this organization?

Oh yeah…since 2000?
And how long has he been pulling the strings as GM? Yeah… Six years… Go ahead and give him **** for being with the organization for 20. Any more mis-information coming our way?

Oh yeah and by the way… What did he take over in 2016? He’s brought us a long way and he’s got us looking at a possible Super Bowl run. Might as well enjoy it BlueFin?

And how long has he been pulling the strings as GM? Yeah… Six years… Go ahead and give him **** for being with the organization for 20. Any more mis-information coming our way?
No misinformation in stating Grier has been in the Dolphin organization for the entirety of the longest playoff drought in Dolphin history and 2nd current longest drought among all NFL teams….

We can point to blatant poor decisions such as botching three first round picks in the foundational draft of this rebuild(entirely on him)….(Tua because he was damaged goods and clearly injury prone at Alabama)….Austin Jackson and Igbo were clear reaches!

No misinformation in stating Grier has been in the Dolphin organization for the entirety of the longest playoff drought in Dolphin history and 2nd current longest drought among all NFL teams….

We can point to blatant poor decisions such as botching three first round picks in the foundational draft of this rebuild(entirely on him)….(Tua because he was damaged goods and clearly injury prone at Alabama)….Austin Jackson and Igbo were clear reaches!
Yeah he took over in 2016 from a combination of Jeff Ireland and Dennis Hickey (for one year…) In six years he’s brought us from relative futility to arguably the most exciting, potent, offensive team in the entire NFL. This year, with the help of McDee, he has landed arguably the most talented Defensive mind in the NFL. Vic Fangio. And while I know you’re not happy with it, his acquisitions so far in free agency’ve gotten an A across-the-board. What else can I say? 🙌 The U

So our good ol' prickly pear pal B. Flores had entirely no input? Right.

Yeah he took over in 2016 from a combination of Jeff Ireland and Dennis Hickey (for one year…) In six years he’s brought us from relative futility to arguably the most exciting,potent, offensive team in the NFL. This year with the help of McDee he has landed arguably the most talented Defensive of mind in the NFL. And I know you’re not happy with it, but his acquisitions so far in free agency’ve got an A across-the-board. What else can I say? 🙌 The U
Great…now win something….

We’ve won on paper many times ….

Your more impressed with this rebuild than I am…I think he’s botched much of it and frankly looks a bit desperate this year?

If Tua falters yet again…we’ve spent a ton a money and draft picks and put the future in jeopardy….

If our QB was more reliable? I could support the Rams all-in strategy…!

Back
Top Bottom