True measurement of Chris Grier. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

True measurement of Chris Grier.

During the span of the so-called Dolphin rebuild, 3 other teams rebuilding during that same period have already played in the Super Bowl.
And You hire a DC like Flores that knows bugger all about Offence and refuses to hire help that could be more experienced then himself because he thinks he`s god`s gift to football on anyone of those 3 teams and like us no Super Bowl appearance . I know i know CG is responsible for that hire and i would a agree but he`s done an amazing job at turning the team around since they got rid of that useless boob .

I remember the draft a couple of years ago when I pounded the table for Pitts! After seeing this perhaps Grier knew what he was doing in moving down and taking Waddle

I remember the draft a couple of years ago when I pounded the table for Pitts! After seeing this perhaps Grier knew what he was doing in moving down and taking Waddle

Pitts will be fine. I say this all the time bc it's a fact, Tight-ends take more time to break out in the NFL than any other offensive position. They have to learn so much, the route trees, the passing playback, how to be an extra Olinemen and learn the run game assignments. It just takes extra time to make all of those things turn into muscle memory.

As a head of scouting, he would have been fired or at least demoted for guys like Michael Egnew, Dallas Thomas, Jon Martin, Dion Jordan, and passing on TJWatt for Charles Harris. There are more. Too depressing to go on.

one, and another should have.
Again... the 'head of scouting' doesn't make the picks. He just oversees the collection of data. You have NO idea which of the players he wanted if the choice were his... and neither do you. You just want someone to blame to make you feel better.

Pitts will be fine. I say this all the time bc it's a fact, Tight-ends take more time to break out in the NFL than any other offensive position. They have to learn so much, the route trees, the passing playback, how to be an extra Olinemen and learn the run game assignments. It just takes extra time to make all of those things turn into muscle memory.
Take more time to break out? Didn't he have a much better rookie season?

Well I wanted Chase but Pitts would have been a nice consolation. But hey, Penguins are pretty cool too.
Heh!

It may not have been me... but I am NOT a believer in drafting a TE in the first... especially as high as Pitts rose. That's a really poor allocation of resources. The positional value is just not there.

Picking up free agents and handling the cap Good Grade
Picking coaches it's been a revolving door. Poor grade so far
Picking in the draft mediocre at best.

Soo pick your poison on how to build a winning team and that's your opinion on Greer.

We have some great free agent talent currently.
McDaniel is to be determined started off great last year and started sliding once teams changed how to defend against Hill and Waddle imo. Jury is out.
If you believe in building through the draft with all that enormous draft capital aquired that has been spent these past 3 4 years and what we now have to show for it now is a Wilkins, Hunt, Waddle, Tua, Phillips and Holland. Then the return has been low to mediocre.

Picking up free agents and handling the cap Good Grade
Picking coaches it's been a revolving door. Poor grade so far
Picking in the draft mediocre at best.

Soo pick your poison on how to build a winning team and that's your opinion on Greer.

We have some great free agent talent currently.
McDaniel is to be determined started off great last year and started sliding once teams changed how to defend against Hill and Waddle imo. Jury is out.
If you believe in building through the draft with all that enormous draft capital aquired that has been spent these past 3 4 years and what we now have to show for it now is a Wilkins, Hunt, Waddle, Tua, Phillips and Holland. Then the return has been low to mediocre.
The next step is twofold. Convince Tua to check down more often. Take those easy first downs and stay alive... and bring in some players that will allow him to do that. We desperately need a Running Back who is an excellent receiver... and a Tight End who can chip block before sliding into space.

I honestly think that if we can do this, then Hill and Waddle will actually produce more, rather than less big plays. Balance will help.

He’s as good as 9-8
Yea because coaching has nothing to do with winning.

Apparently neither do injuries, especially to the starting QB. :rolleyes:

This dude wants to cite record as the end all, be all, despite all the variables, when you know for sure that even if MIA had went 19-0 and won the SB the same dude wouldn’t then be making the argument that Grier was “perfect” in every decision he ever made because the record says so.

A GM's job is to build the best roster he can and manage the salary cap to keep that roster strong. Anybody who just bases a GM's job on the record or playoff wins just doesn't understand the job.

Grier has been an average GM, not bad but nothing special. Our team has done nothing since he has been GM. Some blame coaching but he was the one ot had a big part in hiring them. The cap was handled but who cares?

Now, he and the team are taking a smart gamble, with older players and a lot of deferred money, with a somewhat stable but fragile cheap QB.
Fans are excited and we all hope beyond hope things go well. We deserve it.

Last edited:
I think you've greatly underestimated Ross and his pals here. Of course they are clueless. But Boss Ross is real sweet at signing big ol' checks, he should stay firmly in that lane.

70d843d0-3a95-4556-bd09-aa38ad7903ff_text.gif

I think you mean I overestimate Ross and his pals. That may be true. Maybe I do. I am not perfect and try to keep an open mind. But as I said, I don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Yes, there was a time that I thought Ross should replace Grier, but these days, I think Grier has really come into his own, for example, trading for Hill has paid dividends in more ways than one. His work ethic has carried over to the team and my feeling is our guys are working their butts off to make a run for the big game. Assuming (and we all know what that could mean) Grier is orchestrating all of the moves we have made these last couple of years, I am going to give credit where credit is due because it's a what have you done for me lately world and he's doing a pretty good job.

Back
Top Bottom