Tua come out or Tua not to come out | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua come out or Tua not to come out

RE Risk = Understood. Question is, which the kid is 100% addressing in the video, is

it too much risk for early R1? Late R1? R2? etc. Beyond the hip issue I have to question

the kids basic durability at the NFL level. That's ANOTHER risk. Beyond that, he's smaller

but not exactly fleet footed (hence his last 2 surgeries) and certainly is NOT going to get

the protection/time he typically enjoyed at Bama. Last -- he's NOT going to be surrounded

by superior talent inflating his stats with 250YAC every game. I think you have to add ALL

that up and realize the kid (IMO) has a lot of "questions" that need to be considered.

I'm not saying stay away from him -- but I am saying let's be realistic.
In 2006 Miami passed on Drew Brees because of an injury people thought he wasn't going to recover from and still to this day they are still paying the price. They can't let their fear pass on a potential franchise changing player again.

My God , the dribble in this thread.
Trying to hijack another thread lol

We see you coming from miles away Dbest

Tua ripping glory from this QB class when he is on the shelf must really hurt to be so far behind lol

If Tua decides to stay in school, it becomes a pretty iffy quarterback group for Miami. I'm assuming Cincinnati gets that number one overall and takes Burrow.

Herbert and Love could be homeruns. Both have a lot of talent, but could bust as well. Hurts is a guy you would have to change the offense for.

That said, I feel like this coaching staff might actually be able to develop talent.

Here's a mock I just saw from today with tua to us

4-Tua-QB
22-Higgins -WR
25-Weaver- Edge
35-Adebo- Corner
60-Dobbins-RB
69-Becto-OT

I agree with those positions depending on free agency

I doubt Dobbins is there that late but if he is you run the card up

Weaver with 13.5 sacks this year and 34 in 3 years.

Higgins is another big and fast WR this team seems to like those.

Anyway, it's just a mock and there's no games tonight so I posted it and see what you guys think.

Here's a mock I just saw from today with tua to us

4-Tua-QB
22-Higgins -WR
25-Weaver- Edge
35-Adebo- Corner
60-Dobbins-RB
69-Becto-OT

I agree with those positions depending on free agency

I doubt Dobbins is there that late but if he is you run the card up

Weaver with 13.5 sacks this year and 34 in 3 years.

Higgins is another big and fast WR this team seems to like those.

Anyway, it's just a mock and there's no games tonight so I posted it and see what you guys think.

Well... You know I'm not a Tua guy, but even leaving that out, I'd hate this draft. A WR before any real help on the line? ...and then a CB and a RB before any help on the line?

This Mock is pretty much the exact opposite of what I could endorse.

Well... You know I'm not a Tua guy, but even leaving that out, I'd hate this draft. A WR before any real help on the line? ...and then a CB and a RB before any help on the line?

This Mock is pretty much the exact opposite of what I could endorse.
The thing is when you try to go in order of need you end up pocking the wrong players
You want value and at the end of the day those are all positions we need to get better at
Also, I'm hoping we get two starting oline in free agency

This is why mocks are hard at this time of the year....you need free agency first to see what you need so these rae just for fun and for forum discussions.

I don't think there will be much in FA when it comes to Tackles... and Tackles is what we need.

Sure, we can get a starting RG in FA (and I think this will be our #1 target), but finding a Tackle in this thin market will leave us with Davenport. The numbers say that we have the worst line in the NFL... and if we don't put quality picks into that area, we will be awful next year too.

I really enjoy the draft and have done a number of those draft your own things... I've taken at least 2 OLmen in the first three rounds in every one of them... and I think the Phins will as well.

In 2006 Miami passed on Drew Brees because of an injury people thought he wasn't going to recover from and still to this day they are still paying the price. They can't let their fear pass on a potential franchise changing player again.

I totally get what you're stating. But at the same time-- the 2 situations have very little in common.

Brees was simply a capital $ risk and came for "free" in terms of draft capital.

I can only say this -- if we grab Tua with a high R1 and he implodes physically the fan base will be

demanding Grier's scalp for taking such a stupid risk with an R1 pick. And you can bet the prior Tua supporters

will remain silent in the background. I know a lot of folks believe Tua is some kind of savior and have invested

huge amounts of emotional capital into his pick as a Dolphin --- but the kid is NOT the same PRO prospect

he was before these back to back injuries (obviously underscoring the hip). You just can't reverse what happened.

I totally get what you're stating. But at the same time-- the 2 situations have very little in common.

Brees was simply a capital $ risk and came for "free" in terms of draft capital.

I can only say this -- if we grab Tua with a high R1 and he implodes physically the fan base will be

demanding Grier's scalp for taking such a stupid risk with an R1 pick. And you can bet the prior Tua supporters

will remain silent in the background. I know a lot of folks believe Tua is some kind of savior and have invested

huge amounts of emotional capital into his pick as a Dolphin --- but the kid is NOT the same PRO prospect

he was before these back to back injuries (obviously underscoring the hip). You just can't reverse what happened.
Correct you can't but every pick is a Gamble and on a Gamble high risk tend to have bigger rewards. I'm far from sold on Justin Herbert but I would take him before Andrew Thomas who I think is a stud. Jake Long went no.1 overall and may have been the best LT in football before injuries took over but what good was having a dominant LT when you had Chad Henne throwing the ball? Tua is a huge risk but it's a risk I think a large portion of fans me included would be willing to sink with.

You never know how much consideration to give the early press in these things, but ….currently... this QB class is being downgraded by the sports journalists and within the mocks.

I've seen mocks that have slid Herbert down to the bottom of the first (or even into the second); now I'm not sure that any of this will actually play out, but the iffy late season performances of Fromm and Herbert and the injury to Tua may drive the lot of them down on draft weekend.

If this keeps up, this may be a wonderful opportunity to steal a QB with a sub-prime pick, and a team that already has three picks in the first could get even richer when teams come calling after the QB run begins.

I don't think there will be much in FA when it comes to Tackles... and Tackles is what we need.

Sure, we can get a starting RG in FA (and I think this will be our #1 target), but finding a Tackle in this thin market will leave us with Davenport. The numbers say that we have the worst line in the NFL... and if we don't put quality picks into that area, we will be awful next year too.

I really enjoy the draft and have done a number of those draft your own things... I've taken at least 2 OLmen in the first three rounds in every one of them... and I think the Phins will as well.
Considering that we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds then drafting two oline guys is very possible indeed.

I did one of these things while I was eating dinner... and to give you an example of what I would do (fair is fair).

Yes... it is just a mock and not anywhere near 100% realistic.

Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

Andrew Thomas
    , OT

Georgia

Yetur Gross-Matos
    , EDGE

Penn State

Austin Jackson
    , OT

USC

Jacob Eason
    , QB

Washington

Hamsah Nasirildeen
    , S

Florida State

DeVonta Smith
    , WR

Alabama

good god. it's already been 13 years and one superbowl of regret. OH and everytime that mother****** slaughters us.

Or this... still bypassing the early QB in favour of linemen.

A.J. Epenesa
    , EDGE

Iowa

Austin Jackson
    , OT

USC

Alex Leatherwood
    , OT

Alabama