Tua come out or Tua not to come out | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua come out or Tua not to come out

If they aren't convinced about Tua's health status, then that's absolutely what I would do in Grier and Co's shoes. It's a tricky situation for Grier really, because if he passes on Tua and someone else takes him and Tua's lights it up, he's out of a job.

Which is why i don't think if they have a shot at him they pass.
There's absolutely no upside to passing on a potential franchise Qb.

Here's another way to look at it. By taking him and putting him on IR for the entire 2020 season does a couple of things:

1) It allows him to heal as much as possible
2) It buys you more time if, you're Grier
3) It allows you to build that roster as much as possible including that OL. So essentially 2 years between FA/Drafts..before he comes in to play.

Now, with all that said I don't think Washington passes on him. I think they'll be drafting before us and absolutely dumb Haskins for a Tua coming off injury.

Here's another way to look at it. By taking him and putting him on IR for the entire 2020 season does a couple of things:

3) It allows you to build that roster as much as possible including that OL. So essentially 2 years between FA/Drafts..before he comes in to play.

Now, with all that said I don't think Washington passes on him. I think they'll be drafting before us and absolutely dumb Haskins for a Tua coming off injury.
I can understand what you're saying but if Tua needs a whole year to heal, doesn't it worry you that he'll probably get hurt again? He's been hurt 3 times now and in the NFL it'll get harder. He was my #1 target but do we have the luxury to spend a top 5 pick on such a risk?

I can understand what you're saying but if Tua needs a whole year to heal, doesn't it worry you that he'll probably get hurt again? He's been hurt 3 times now and in the NFL it'll get harder. He was my #1 target but do we have the luxury to spend a top 5 pick on such a risk?
Of course it is worrisome

But the the injury is also why Washington passes on Tua. If Cinci passes on Burrow and selects Chase Young. Washington can start Burrow day 1. If Cinci takes Burrow Wash takes Chase or takes a card up for a swanky left tackle for Haskins. If Haskins doesn't improve immensely year 2 they will be in a position for Fields or Lawrence and have a stud linemen on either side of the ball

Only Miami can truthfully mitigate the short and long term risk, MIA can also select linemen on either side of the ball in rds 1 or 2 and start Fitz (placing Tua on IR)

But the the injury is also why Washington passes on Tua. If Cinci passes on Burrow and selects Chase Young. Washington can start Burrow day 1. If Cinci takes Burrow Wash takes Chase or takes a card up for a swanky left tackle for Haskins. If Haskins doesn't improve immensely year 2 they will be in a position for Fields or Lawrence and have a stud linemen on either side of the ball

Only Miami can truthfully mitigate the short and long term risk, MIA can also select linemen on either side of the ball in rds 1 or 2 and start Fitz (placing Tua on IR)

Of course it is worrisome

I just get this sick feeling that whatever we do will be the opposite of what we should have done. Things never seems to work for us. Take Tua and he'll never be the same. Don't take Tua and he'll be a HOF player for another team.

I just get this sick feeling that whatever we do will be the opposite of what we should have done. Things never seems to work for us. Take Tua and he'll never be the same. Don't take Tua and he'll be a HOF player for another team.
We feel the same but surgical options have improved immensely

What Saban and Bama staff did to Tua was forgivable but wow so short-sighted ~ I believe that his body was not right, Tua's burst was not there during that game and he was easily tracked down

Mind you had he not got injured and kept putting up those numbers we had zero chance with our current 3 wins record and possible 5-6 wins

What Wash did to RG3 was unforgivable considering he was their franchise piece - let others see that these players need time to heal

Great points, it's almost a free hit for Grier and crew, buys them time.

We're a team without a franchise QB. Unfortunately those are the type of risk we have to take.
Also, I'd imagine a similiar conversation with Saban and Co. about Brees and that shoulder...

I'm not saying it's going to be something similiar. But if you're the Dolphins you have no choice.

I really think Tua is going to end up like Sam Bradford...Lots of potential but could never stay healthy.

I really think Tua is going to end up like Sam Bradford...Lots of potential but could never stay healthy.
if that's the case then I want no part of him and of course there's no way to know if he'll stay healthy....on the other hand any QB we draft could get hurt too.

Well, here he is himself saying that he'll never be the same. If that's not a red flag then I don't know what is.

Alabama junior QB Tua Tagovailoa hinted Thursday that he will declare for the NFL draft.

"Yeah, I think that’d be tough to pass up," Tagovailoa said of potentially being a top 10-15 pick. "But I think there’s a lot more to it than that in some aspects. I don’t want to say too much because what me and my family talk about, I want it to be between me and my family." Tagovailoa, who is recovering from a devastating hip injury, also admitted he might never quite be the same athletically again. "I don’t think I’d be the same again because there’s, like metal in here, you know?" Tagovailoa said. "I lose some rotation inward, so I won’t be able to twist as much inward and whatnot." Despite his injury issues, Tagovailoa would still almost certainly be a top-20, and likely much higher, pick if he comes out.

Source: Miami Herald

Yes, I'm not a Tua guy, (never was), but the real question is risk/reward.

How long will the F.O. let him fall before they step in and spend a pick. I'm not saying, 'never'; any player has a % chance of hitting. Myself, I might go a 4th round pick even though I never loved him. Others would take him with 1a and I get that, even though I think it's nuts.

The real question is where does he fall on Flores's list. ...and as much as we kick this around, I just don't think he is gonna tell us.

So Tua basically put out there that he is coming out if someone is willing to take him in the top 10 or so. That was my interpretation of the press conference. I highly doubt that if he were to decide to enter, he makes it past pick 10.

So Tua basically put out there that he is coming out if someone is willing to take him in the top 10 or so. That was my interpretation of the press conference. I highly doubt that if he were to decide to enter, he makes it past pick 10.
This is what he said

Back
Top Bottom