Tua come out or Tua not to come out | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua come out or Tua not to come out

Or this... still bypassing the early QB in favour of linemen.

Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png

A.J. Epenesa
    , EDGE

Iowa

Austin Jackson
    , OT

USC

Alex Leatherwood
    , OT

Alabama

Creed Humphrey
    , IOL

Oklahoma

Jake Fromm
    , QB

Georgia

Eno Benjamin
    , RB

Arizona State
You're setting yourself up for a big let down if you think this FO/HC is going to use 3 of their first 4 picks on the oline.

You're setting yourself up for a big let down if you think this FO/HC is going to use 3 of their first 4 picks on the oline.

I'm certainly not married to the idea, my friend.
I fiddle around with these things to see the possibilities.
I see very few things in black and white, and all of this is just to discuss possibilities.

Tua will let the process play out and I think by the time it does he will see that coming out is the most appealing option. He’s been thrown for a loop. Understandably.

He is the only high ceiling, high floor QB prospect in this draft. Other guys are high ceiling, but low floor. Some are high floor, low ceiling.

I recently saw an NFL Executive basically say the exact same thing I’ve been saying that way. He said Tua was the only one you could trust, put your name next to him and feel safe. That is the shame of the hip injury. It added risk where there had been very little.

After the injury I had a couple of days of stupidity in which I thought he needed to stay. That was shameful stupidity. Tua will turn pro and be drafted higher than current estimates.

Big underdog that the Dolphins get him. I don't mind saying that. Big underdog for any specific team. I'm not going to forget than until last year it had been since E.J. Manuel in 2013 that a first round quarterback outside the first three picks had merely fallen to the selecting team, instead of a trade up involved.

If Tua is at all healthy the definition of a slide is going to be a heck of a lot further up the ladder than most are suggesting right now. Number 3 might be considered a slide. Why would New England care about a few picks and players if it meant extending the dynasty and mystique and convincing Belichick to stay, as opposed to shut the door and thanks for the memories beyond Brady?

Hip dislocations are rare and from what I read, not a big concern as far as reoccurance goes. The fractured wall, well yea slightly concerning but Im still running up the card with this kids name on it. were not talking about a torn up rotator cuff and destroyed labrum in his throwing shoulder, and he isn't going to make his living with his legs. lets not overreact over a freak type injury and get the most accurate, polished guy available at potentially a discount please.

I think it would be a huge gamble staying in school. If Tua gets hurt again in college he’s a day 3 pick in 2021.

I guess there is a press conference today?

Is he expected to announce his decision today?

RE Risk = Understood. Question is, which the kid is 100% addressing in the video, is

it too much risk for early R1? Late R1? R2? etc. Beyond the hip issue I have to question

the kids basic durability at the NFL level. That's ANOTHER risk. Beyond that, he's smaller

but not exactly fleet footed (hence his last 2 surgeries) and certainly is NOT going to get

the protection/time he typically enjoyed at Bama. Last -- he's NOT going to be surrounded

by superior talent inflating his stats with 250YAC every game. I think you have to add ALL

that up and realize the kid (IMO) has a lot of "questions" that need to be considered.

I'm not saying stay away from him -- but I am saying let's be realistic.

You make some good points, in fact I agree with most of them, except for this one which I will disagree with:

"by superior talent inflating his stats with 250YAC every game."

A couple of points on this comment which seems to be common concern regarding Tua:

1. Would he be a better prospect if he had lesser stats with that talent?
2. Does the YAC have solely to do with the caliber of athletes he is throwing to? Or, is the read, timing, accuracy, and ball placement by hitting the receiver in stride also contribute to that fantastic YAC?

If a College player has displayed killer stats in College footballs toughest division, that shouldn't be held against him as if it is a negative thing? Winning a national Championship shows that he can win the big games and perform under pressure, stage not too big for him, coming back from injuries quickly shows leadership and toughness, Accuracy, ability to process and read a defense quickly, pocket awareness, timing, mastery over his offensive system, and having great weapons (the kind you often find in say the NFL for example), are all contributing factors to his incredible college career and stats and if anything are a positive thing and a strength that prove he can excel with NFL caliber talent, it's not a question, it's another answer to the question if this guy can be an elite franchise QB at the next level

The injury questions and your other points are all fair questions, and those evaluations and risk analysis will have to be done for sure, but as for the question of his stats being inflated or not, I think it's just another tick off the box for him in that he's demonstrated he can be elite playing with other elite players.

Just a thought...

Expected to only talk about his rehab...no decision on entering draft yet...

Correct you can't but every pick is a Gamble and on a Gamble high risk tend to have bigger rewards. I'm far from sold on Justin Herbert but I would take him before Andrew Thomas who I think is a stud. Jake Long went no.1 overall and may have been the best LT in football before injuries took over but what good was having a dominant LT when you had Chad Henne throwing the ball? Tua is a huge risk but it's a risk I think a large portion of fans me included would be willing to sink with.

Entire draft class is falling short of the prior hype @QB IMO.

Entire draft class is falling short of the prior hype @QB IMO.

Totally agree, last year we were told to wait till this year to draft a QB, but in all honesty it's really not much different and I would argue where are you going to get a Minshew in round 6 this year ? The top two in Burrow (who's really shot up from nowhere) and Tua are so far ahead of the rest it's really a problem if you are not picking #1, are afraid of Tua's injury problems and desperately need a QB. That second level of QB's have so many questions circulating about them it's scary, Herbert, Fromm, Love and perhaps Hurts.

Totally agree, last year we were told to wait till this year to draft a QB, but in all honesty it's really not much different and I would argue where are you going to get a Minshew in round 6 this year ? The top two in Burrow (who's really shot up from nowhere) and Tua are so far ahead of the rest it's really a problem if you are not picking #1, are afraid of Tua's injury problems and desperately need a QB. That second level of QB's have so many questions circulating about them it's scary, Herbert, Fromm, Love and perhaps Hurts.

Considering that, How comfortable would you be(assuming Tua/Barrow isn't availble) with the Dolphins drafting other positions/making trades to acquire more picks and looking to next years class of Lawrence, Fields for a QB etc?

Considering that, How comfortable would you be(assuming Tua/Barrow isn't availble) with the Dolphins drafting other positions/making trades to acquire more picks and looking to next years class of Lawrence, Fields for a QB etc?

If they aren't convinced about Tua's health status, then that's absolutely what I would do in Grier and Co's shoes. It's a tricky situation for Grier really, because if he passes on Tua and someone else takes him and Tua's lights it up, he's out of a job.

Back
Top Bottom