Tua come out or Tua not to come out | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua come out or Tua not to come out

I'm sure someone close to the family will take calls from team expressing interest.

I have also read that he is already farther along than they expected, already has some range of motion.
Excellent! I agree ~ thanks for the update

I'm sure someone close to the family will take calls from team expressing interest.

I have also read that he is already farther along than they expected, already has some range of motion.
Really?? Where did you read that? Did you not read that he said himself that he'll never be able to move the same way again? I'm not an expert but both can't be true. Either somebody else(probably with an agenda)says he's getting better already or do we believe him when he said he'll never be the same?

This is Tua's statement,,..
“I don’t think I’d be the same again because there’s, like metal in here, you know?” he said. “I lose some rotation inward, so I won’t be able to twist as much inward and whatnot. I wouldn’t need that as much. When you’re running, you’re almost always opening up your hip. From the doctors say, they expect a full recovery and I’ll be able to go out there and play football again at 100 percent, it’s just I won’t be able to rotate it internally the same way.”
He might lose a tic off his straight line running 40 time....hip rotates out in throwing motion.
After it's all said and done...Tua could still go first overall.
Just passing info along..

This is Tua's statement,,..
“I don’t think I’d be the same again because there’s, like metal in here, you know?” he said. “I lose some rotation inward, so I won’t be able to twist as much inward and whatnot. I wouldn’t need that as much. When you’re running, you’re almost always opening up your hip. From the doctors say, they expect a full recovery and I’ll be able to go out there and play football again at 100 percent, it’s just I won’t be able to rotate it internally the same way.”
He might lose a tic off his straight line running 40 time....hip rotates out in throwing motion.
After it's all said and done...Tua could still go first overall.
Just passing info along..

I'm old enough to remember people on this forum speculating that a full recovery meant being able to walk again lol

I'm sorry that statement would scare the piss out of me taking him before the 2nd round.

Still not a Tua fan, but I'm hoping the kid makes a fool of me.

Really?? Where did you read that? Did you not read that he said himself that he'll never be able to move the same way again? I'm not an expert but both can't be true. Either somebody else(probably with an agenda)says he's getting better already or do we believe him when he said he'll never be the same?

how can’t both be true?

he can be further along then expected, have some range of motion but also never be able to do things he did before.

My goodness you have the throttle down on the drama button.

Endorsing another year of fitz...

What the hells wrong with people

In 2006 Miami passed on Drew Brees because of an injury people thought he wasn't going to recover from and still to this day they are still paying the price. They can't let their fear pass on a potential franchise changing player again.

Brees was an FA. You didn't have to spend draft capital on him.

In 2006 Miami passed on Drew Brees because of an injury people thought he wasn't going to recover from and still to this day they are still paying the price. They can't let their fear pass on a potential franchise changing player again.
What if it is not fear but a rational view on risk (including opportunity cost) vs return? And ironically, the flip to the Brees decision was that we gambled on Culpepper, who some thought was a franchise QB and coming back from an injury.

If a QB says "I don’t think I’d be the same again because there’s, like metal in here, you know?" I won't pick him in the top 10 unless I can blow a top 10 pick.
Can he play again? Probably. But how much will be taken away?

I'm old enough to remember people on this forum speculating that a full recovery meant being able to walk again lol
But it does not have to be that dramatic to have deep reservations with an injury like this. It's not an acl, for which we've seen hundreds of athletes recover to the same level of performance. It's a fractured hip...which we don't see athletes deal with often because they're associated with car crashes not on field injuries

I'm worried that in two, three, four years, he's playing but he has nagging problems with the hip...pain and stiffness that bother his throwing and his mobility. He misses games or cant do the thing he used to do. I don't pretend to be a doctor, but I know that playing with nagging injuries can lead to more injuries and suboptimal performance.

As for the messages coming out of his camp...call me cynical but there are potentially tens of millions of $$ at stake here. Murray signed for what - 4 or 5 years/$35M? Nobody associated with Team Tua is going to say He might never be able to sustain an effective NFL career with that kind of coin at stake.

I get a rational risk - reward choice where you go with the hope of a big payout but I think some are discounting the risk here

Tua coming out is going to be a money decision. Which means he will come out. Not all prospects will forfeit money if they stay for a senior year, but Tua will undoubtedly forfeit money if he stays. Deciding to declare for the draft should be an easy 5-minute conversation he has with his agent. I'd be shocked if he didn't declare.

Back
Top Bottom