Tua or Burrow | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua or Burrow

I'm a big Buckeye fan, but I'm just not sold on Chase Young as being way ahead of every other D-lineman. He didn't do that much against Penn State or LSU. He feasted on a lot of weaker offensive lines. If he fell to #5, I wouldn't be against taking him, but no way do I want to see us trade multiple picks to trade up to get him.

As for QBs, I agree that Burrow will go 1st to Cincy. I'm good taking Tua at #5, even if he holds the clip board for the 2020 season. No to Hebert, just no!

Here's a thought...Tua doesn't declare for the NFL draft, waits a few months to heal, then declares for the Supplemental Draft. At that point, the 6 other teams eligible for tier 1 will all have QB's (assuming Cincy takes Burrow & SD takes Hebert), we can place a 2021 #1 on Tua (which should be a lot lower pick than #5 in 2020), we get Tua & use much of our 3-#1's & 2-#2's to build up our O & D lines. Of course, this only applies if Tua is eligible to apply for the Supplemental Draft. I'm not sure if he is.

Last edited:
If Tua doesn't declare I trade down as many times as I can. Draft a Jordan Love in the 1st as well as OL and DL..

If Love isn't developing the way you want him to you have even more 2021 ammo to trade up and select Trevor Lawrence or whatever qb is being drafted 1st.

If Miami trades down a couple times this year they could possibly have 4 1sts next year. That's more than enough ammo to do whatever the **** they wanna do. If Tua stays I suspect Miami will do just that.

People have vested interest in Burrow going to Cincy and him being to expensive to go get because it lines us up to draft Tua, and his 75% good hips, just to retire at the end of his rookie contract after being injured in year 4.

I await the Tua camp replies after they sit that grape kool aid down.

There's talk he might go back to school
Totally conceivable. His brother is a back up at Alabama. He still needs to heal. Could stay home and do that. Flashed a nice teaser the other day that he might go back. If he does, it wouldn't benefit him to take 1 snap.

Question...would you guys take C.J Mosley as your Middle linebacker...yes or no question?

After last night, I am kind of in a Sam Ehlinger mood with a later 1st or 2nd pick if he comes out. Get a top cornfed on either side with #5.

Of course, I do not want tua connected in any way, shape or form with this franchise. The hero-worship and Kool-Aid drinking over this guy is scary. More likely to be crippled than NFL star. He is NOT a "generational talent", is more a cult-figure/statement than anything else, and injury actively seeks him out... and we have been down that sorry road before.

Tua’s recovery is still an unknown... and his injury history is troubling.

it seems like his injury history is being ignored and most people are only concerned about the hip. if you wanna be honest about it, the kid has been a china doll. 5 injuries and 4 surgeries in the span of about 20 months. why would anyone assume that's just going to go away at the next level where the game is faster and more physical?

Tua vs. Love vs. Herbert.

That's what it comes down to, and that's my order of preference with Herbert an extremely distant third.

Wouldn't consider anyone else. Don't like Eason, Hurts is not an NFL QB, and Fromm is clearly JAG.

Tua vs. Love vs. Herbert.

That's what it comes down to, and that's my order of preference with Herbert an extremely distant third.

Wouldn't consider anyone else. Don't like Eason, Hurts is not an NFL QB, and Fromm is clearly JAG.
The last paragraph made me laugh. I don't necessarily agree but it was funny.

What your take on ehlinger. I have him moving upwards. I'm intrigued with him.

Back
Top Bottom