****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 164 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 might be up for sale if Burrow and Tua ditch the Bengals. Washington fans are gonna be pissed if Cincy takes Chase Young, but then that pick might be up for sale, too.

Cincy might be lucky to end up with Herbert.

Vegas is gonna be Bartertown come late April...

If that happens, I have zero doubts that Tua follows suit. Mike Brown needs to sell that team for it to be taken seriously, though we know that’ll never happen.
Carson Palmer was one of the first ones to speak about it to the media and how he was saying that the Bengals didn't try to win. He said that while he was there, their scouting department was like an XFL team and they were so cheap they wouldn't even let players bring Gatorades home with them.

Then Burrow chose to work with Jordan Palmer throughout this offseason to get ready for the draft and all that, Carson's brother. I'm sure he's been in his ear constantly about it.

Carson Palmer was one of the first ones to speak about it to the media and how he was saying that the Bengals didn't try to win. He said that while he was there, their scouting department was like an XFL team and they were so cheap they wouldn't even let players bring Gatorades home with them.

Then Burrow chose to work with Jordan Palmer throughout this offseason to get ready for the draft and all that, Carson's brother. I'm sure he's been in his ear constantly about it.

What if noone wants to play for the Bengals? Do they give up all their picks and just fold up shop? :lol:
:nuke:

What do you think of Tua’s elusiveness and ability to extend a play after this surgery? What about his weight? He comes from Samoa heritage and those are big people. My two biggest concerns.

What do you think of Tua’s elusiveness and ability to extend a play after this surgery? What about his weight? He comes from Samoa heritage and those are big people. My two biggest concerns.

Fat Tua would be fun, also...He would get Maurice Jones-Drew fat, not Jamarcus Russell, inner tube smuggler fat.

My favourite FH posts about Tua lately - the Dolphins are too obvious about wanting Tua this has been a smokescreen for their true target Herbert

Ok people you don’t have to move up to grab Herbert lol if they want Herbert just select him at #5

Really you can’t make this stuff up

Any talk about Justin coming from Mia is to lower the price to acquire a 2-4 is pick and this isn’t to select Justin

Last edited:
I want to direct this response to hoops and ANU since they asked in the now locked thread...

Tua struggled with this decision. This was the biggest decision of his life that was going to impact the rest of his life and his family’s - and he had to do it surrounded with an innumerable amount of uncertainties.

Tua wanted to come back and thought he was coming back, until Friday.

Dad is not a problem. What I’m saying is he was aware that Tua was in a vulnerable position where he was likely to make an emotional decision instead of the best business decision. This was a business decision. Dad was there to ensure they made the best business decision. It had to be this.
Sure. I mean what was he going to do? Go back for a senior year without his top OT and both of his WRs gone AND play maybe half a season? How would that have helped his draft stock when there would be two QBs possibly graded above him when this year there is only one? Meanwhile, he could have possibly been re-injured or not cleared to play all season and then be looking at his stock suffering further.

I have brought this up before, gotta feel like Carson will be present at times to keep in his ear. However unlikely this is the only scenario that would push Burrow towards saying he wants to be elsewhere. And apparently is dropping hints he might be willing to say straight up "I will not play for the Bengals".

Always been a slippery guy and it isnt like he runs around like Vick in the pocket; his footwork is unreal. He slides and uses his eyes and shoulders to fake out rushers all the time. He may be tentative at first but he will quickly get comfortable with what he has to do, if you ever watch him run in college he scans the field like 2 times then runs AND SLIDES. His ability to use his footwork and whole body to manipulate the defenders is a trait you cant really teach, he will keep his elusiveness in the pocket IMO he may not have some crazy burst to run for 35 or 40 yards with ease like he has shown in the past but I can easily see a him able to scramble to get first downs or score inside the 10. He isnt going to go from a mobile QB to some pure pocket passer, he is going to play to his style only thing that may change is him backing off the hero ball he played at Bama.

As far as his build he is a thick and strong kid, weight will not be an issue. Build is genetic and if you see his dad it isnt like he ballooned with age.

LeBron is an Ohio guy and he has left the state twice to go play somewhere else. So yes, a Ohio guy would leave his hometown to play elsewhere. Also Burrow already left Ohio State to play at LSU.

leaving a place is a little bit different than refusing to play there in the first place

Always been a slippery guy and it isn't like he runs around like Vick in the pocket; his footwork is unreal. He slides and uses his eyes and shoulders to fake out rushers all the time. He may be tentative at first but he will quickly get comfortable with what he has to do, if you ever watch him run in college he scans the field like 2 times then runs AND SLIDES. His ability to use his footwork and whole body to manipulate the defenders is a trait you can't really teach, he will keep his elusiveness in the pocket IMO he may not have some crazy burst to run for 35 or 40 yards with ease like he has shown in the past but I can easily see him able to scramble to get first downs or score inside the 10. He isn't going to go from a mobile QB to some pure pocket passer, he is going to play to his style only thing that may change is him backing off the hero ball he played at Bama.

And yet, even with all that, he has already suffered multiple serious injuries at the college level alone.

Not saying he isn't a generational talent, I think he could be and would be happy for us to get him. But there are enough serious concerns that I'd hate to see us light a match to all that draft capital...

And yet, even with all that, he has already suffered multiple serious injuries at the college level alone.

Not saying he isn't a generational talent, I think he could be and would be happy for us to get him. But there are enough serious concerns that I'd hate to see us light a match to all that draft capital...

While it will take capital to move up to draft him, at this time I believe people are sensationalizing the amount of capital. And find it extremely difficult to understand the logic of drafting a guy next year. If Miami wins 6 games it will be drafting between 8 and 11. The amount of capital you will need to burn to get to 1 or 2 which will likely be the only 2 guys worthy of a high end first round pick will pale in comparison to trading up this year will cost. Taking a QB this year will allow all the future capital to be spent building a team around a guy. While using capital to build a roster this year and burning 2/3 years of high value picks to get the guy next year while the roster is still in development puts a ton of pressure that the pick is a slam dunk home run. Not a great risk IMO and far riskier than losing one of the first and either a late 2nd early third to get the guy you want now even with an injury history.

Multiple Serious injuries?

Hip out of socket and broken bone on collar of hip equal one injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom