****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 174 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, and Kyler Murray have blown up the whole short QB skepticism out of the water. I think it works to their advantage honestly. Harder for defenses to see them. Everyone and their momma can see herbert at 6'6 on the field. That includes Dlineman and CBs. Easier to see where is looking/going. Plus on average the shorter QBs are gonna have quicker feet and quicker release. On average. Tua hardly ever had any balls knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Seriously you will be hard pressed to find them if you watch his tape. You can probably count how many times on both hands over the last 3 years.

Tua's medical would have to be scary bad for that to happen.
If his prognosis is remotely favorable and he's available at the pick then i just can't see it.
With this team it wouldn't surprise me if they passed on him...I don't want herbert at all

With this team it wouldn't surprise me if they passed on him...I don't want herbert at all

What about "this team" and current management makes you think they could pass on him?

The kind of command presence they want out of their QB, alone, makes Hebert unlike over Tua, imo.
Fitz has made sure of that.

Honestly, If they're going to draft Herbert I'd rather they trade down, get more picks, and just roll with Rosen.
There's nothing about Herbert game that suggest he's going to excel at the next level.

What about "this team" and current management makes you think they could pass on him?

The kind of command presence they want out of their QB, alone, makes Hebert unlike over Tua, imo.
Fitz has made sure of that.

Honestly, If they're going to draft Herbert I'd rather they trade down, get more picks, and just roll with Rosen.
There's nothing about Herbert game that suggest he's going to excel at the next level.
That's what I'm saying, Herbert is just another Tannehill

Tua met with the Redskins today.

Cue the panic noise!
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Can’t wait for tbe tua interviews these next few days. He might drop some nuggets

maybe even a pro day date comes out of this week.

That's what I'm saying, Herbert is just another Tannehill

Maybe/Maybe not on the Tannehill comparison.
I'm just saying we likely have someone in-house that's probably equal to Herbert and that's Rosen.
So why go out and draft someone that's likely not heads and heel overally better than the QB on your roster?

Report: Tua Tagovailoa Not Dealing with Loss of Blood Flow Amid Hip Injury Rehab
SCOTT POLACEKFEBRUARY 24, 2020

Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (13) throws a pass against Mississippi State during the first half of an NCAA college football game in Starkville, Miss., Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019. (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)

Rogelio V. Solis/Associated Press
NFL draft prospect Tua Tagovailoa reportedly has not experienced a loss of blood flow in his previously injured hip.
Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reported the news, noting the Alabama product's broken hip has healed. While Tagovailoa will not participate in on-field drills during the NFL Scouting Combine, the hope is he will be able to do so closer to April's NFL draft.
Tagovailoa's health figures to be a major storyline approaching the draft.
After all, it wasn't long ago he was considered a Heisman Trophy candidate and potential No. 1 pick before he suffered a dislocated right hip during a November win over Mississippi State. Tagovailoa underwent surgery to repair the injury on Nov. 18.

If I’m Grier, I’m making a call ASAP.

“Hey! Bob Quinn! Chris Grier here. Yeah, I know, it’s been a while. You’re good? Yeah, I know. But hey, new year, right?

Okay. Yeah. Hey, Bob? I’m gonna cut right to it. We keep hearing that Tua doesn’t want to play in Detroit. Yeah, I know. I know! I don’t know, man. Hey, it gets cold in Detroit, man. So here’s what we’re offering. We’re going to give you #5, #39, and the lower of our two second round picks in 2021 to move up to #3.

Bob. Bob? No, Bob, I don’t have to do better. You’re not going to hold us hostage, Bob. Look, We both know that Tua doesn’t want to go there, and this trade makes you whole. It’s OVER value, Bob.

Well, okay, you can hold out if you want to, Bob. But I’ll tell you what, Bob. If I hang up this phone, my next call is to call Schefter and let him know you turned this trade down. And then I’m going to call the Redskins and offer them the same thing, except I’ll offer them #28 instead of #39.”

Maybe/Maybe not on the Tannehill comparison.
I'm just saying we likely have someone in-house that's probably equal to Herbert and that's Rosen.
So why go out and draft someone that's likely not heads and heel overally better than the QB on your roster?

Which player, Rosen or Herbert, do you think Miami should give 7 years or so to develop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom