****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 180 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see Tua going 1st overall at this point, the safer pick at 1st overall is most definately Burrow and Cinci Is all about safe picks. Kid lit up the SEC last season, whether that’s a fluke or not remains to be seen he’s IMO the #1 QB in this draft and this is coming from a Tua lover.

This franchise cant get out of its own damn way. Sitting at 0-7 and instead of biting the bullet for the future of the franchise we gotta go out and play likes its the damn super bowl every week and finish 5-11. So we either miss out on the QB we want or neuter our draft capital. Just dumb all around with how the season was handled.

I dont care about any culture Flores was building. We replaced 6-7 coaches already and we are about to replace half this **** roster. Flores needs talent. Not moral boosting wins that dont mean a damn thing when September 2020 rolls around.

This franchise cant get out of its own damn way. Sitting at 0-7 and instead of biting the bullet for the future of the franchise we gotta go out and play likes its the damn super bowl every week and finish 5-11. So we either miss out on the QB we want or neuter our draft capital. Just dumb all around with how the season was handled.

I dont care about any culture Flores was building. We replaced 6-7 coaches already and we are about to replace half this **** roster. Flores needs talent. Not moral boosting wins that dont mean a damn thing when September 2020 rolls around.

Real. Talk.

culture is attractive. It applies in sports, business, relationships, everywhere.

I’ll take 5-11 w/ a coach like Flores than 1-3 wins and coaches like Taylor and Patricia.

Every. Single. Day.

there’s a reason Miami isn’t being discussed like a bottom feeder like cincy, Detroit and Washington are every day. It’s bc there’s a standard here and it was on display last season.

I’ve never once in my life been willing to sacrifice culture and discipline. Everyone thinks its as easy as “just drop it for the next 6 months, then pick it up and lets be great”

you become toxic once you accept that it’s okay to stop pushing. You can’t just turn it back on 6 months later

we fieldedthe worst team in the NFL each week. That’s all you can do to “throw it away”. Discipline over came that and this team found a way to win 5 games. Beat the last two super bowl champs.

take a poll around the NFL and ask players where they would rather accept the same amount of money to play. Miami, Detroit, Washington,Cincinnati.

the only reason Miami sticks our among those teams is bc of the foundation that was laid last year.

that’s real talk. This “temporary loser” mentality is just ridiculous. You go try to apply that to any stage of your life. Financially, business related, relationships, go be a temporary loser then see how you are perceived 6 months from now.

it ain’t that easy. They “tried to suck”. You saw the roster. What else can you do.

the draft capital was accumulated as QB insurance in case this season was a success and we didn’t secure the #1 pick.

now we’re likely gonna use them. We’re gonna go get our QB if we need to.

culture is attractive. It applies in sports, business, relationships, everywhere.

I’ll take 5-11 w/ a coach like Flores than 1-3 wins and coaches like Taylor and Patricia.

Every. Single. Day.

there’s a reason Miami isn’t being discussed like a bottom feeder like cincy, Detroit and Washington are every day. It’s bc there’s a standard here and it was on display last season.

I’ve never once in my life been willing to sacrifice culture and discipline. Everyone thinks its as easy as “just drop it for the next 6 months, then pick it up and lets be great”

you become toxic once you accept that it’s okay to stop pushing. You can’t just turn it back on 6 months later

we fieldedthe worst team in the NFL each week. That’s all you can do to “throw it away”. Discipline over came that and this team found a way to win 5 games. Beat the last two super bowl champs.

take a poll around the NFL and ask players where they would rather accept the same amount of money to play. Miami, Detroit, Washington,Cincinnati.

the only reason Miami sticks our among those teams is bc of the foundation that was laid last year.

that’s real talk. This “temporary loser” mentality is just ridiculous. You go try to apply that to any stage of your life. Financially, business related, relationships, go be a temporary loser then see how you are perceived 6 months from now.

it ain’t that easy. They “tried to suck”. You saw the roster. What else can you do.

the draft capital was accumulated as QB insurance in case this season was a success and we didn’t secure the #1 pick.

now we’re likely gonna use them. We’re gonna go get our QB if we need to.

Hey I understand the want to develop culture etc and to win every game but sometimes folks just have to be forward thinking and take a mindset that is best for the long term outlook of the team.

this is qb. It trumps all. Folks get fired over it and there’s only so much masking of it you can do before it’s your head in the gullotine.

This thing has come full circle and now it’s time to pay the piper or leave their jobs and the future to chance.

I guarantee you Grier knows this. Again the Cleveland gm didn’t get fired cause he took a cb at #4 overall that year. He got fired cause he took baker #1 overall and he didn’t hold up his end of the bargain. The cb pick didn’t even matter. That head was on the block the second he turned in that qb pick.

folks want to leave it to chance sitting at 5 and potentially ending up with their 4th option at qb on the board then? no way in hell I’d do it. I’d be putting all my chips on the table for my plan a qb.

If they do with all their draft asset ammo and in the top 5 already they either plum lucky or plain dumb.

I was on board with that mentality until we ended up beating the Patriots up in NE in a game they REALLY wanted and needed to win. I haven't seen that out of this team in as long as I can remember.

If we lose that game, yeah we get a better draft pick, but with it costs you a better coach because he wouldn't have been good enough to pull that game off.

You SHOULD care about the culture that Flores is building because he took the least talented team in the NFL by far at a time when veterans were threatening mutiny and trying to jump ship and turned that around into a 5-4 finish. That ain't easy.

I was on board with that mentality until we ended up beating the Patriots up in NE in a game they REALLY wanted and needed to win. I haven't seen that out of this team in as long as I can remember.

If we lose that game, yeah we get a better draft pick, but with it costs you a better coach because he wouldn't have been good enough to pull that game off.

You SHOULD care about the culture that Flores is building because he took the least talented team in the NFL by far at a time when veterans were threatening mutiny and trying to jump ship and turned that around into a 5-4 finish. That ain't easy.

I knew he was a decent coach when they played the bills the first time. I didnt need to see wins. You can build culture without wins. Happens all the time. Example: Matt Rhule at Baylor. Went 1-11 first year. two years later they were in national championship talks and 11-3. Flores wasnt getting fired this year no matter the record. Everyone knew it was bad. He should have taken that get out of jail free card and rode it. Played Rosen and we would be in much better shape for THE FUTURE.

Now we gotta pay for the culture. The culture that Flores is gonna have to build again because half the damn organization is being replaced.

I knew he was a decent coach when they played the bills the first time. I didnt need to see wins. You can build culture without wins. Happens all the time. Example: Matt Rhule at Baylor. Went 1-11 first year. two years later they were in national championship talks and 11-3. Flores wasnt getting fired this year no matter the record. Everyone knew it was bad. He should have taken that get out of jail free card and rode it. Played Rosen and we would be in much better shape for THE FUTURE.

I wouldn’t crown Rhule but I agree with this and I think we saw evidence of it without having to have w’s as validation

Now we gotta pay for the culture. The culture that Flores is gonna have to build again because half the damn organization is being replaced.
Why? Because of an extra 1st and/or 2nd we may have to trade to end up drafting the same QB in either scenario?

That advantage is thinned when we have to then overpay FAs because we were ultra terrible with Rosen at QB rather than showing we're competent with Fitzpatrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom