****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 186 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
The risky thing is if Redskins don't want to take up Dolphins offer, Dolphins strike deal with Lions, and then come draft time some other team goes full Ditka and gives up their entire draft to move to #2 and Skins have a deal they can't refuse. Then Dolphins left holding the bag at #3 having traded assets for nothing.

Chase Young is the best prospect in the draft, not a bad consolation prize if it came to that.

DO NOT trade 5, 18, AND 26 to move up.

I'd give the Lions #5, #18, & #26..

It's a potential star qb.

Tua had a practice at Bama his freshman year during the championship run. Hurts had the flu and was missing time and for 3 days Tua didn't miss a pass and nothing hit the ground. That kind of efficiency is all time type.

He's a superbly efficient, superbly accurate and a fantastic leader. He's a guy you give whatever it takes to get em.

It might very well take that much after the interviews. I think the Chargers may go for the jugular.

It might very well take that much after the interviews. I think the Chargers may go for the jugular.

saving grace for Miami is, whatever jugular a team goes after, we can ALWAYS up it.

(5) 1st round picks in 2 seasons.

(4) 2nd rounders..

If they want Tua, they can get Tua

The risky thing is if Redskins don't want to take up Dolphins offer, Dolphins strike deal with Lions, and then come draft time some other team goes full Ditka and gives up their entire draft to move to #2 and Skins have a deal they can't refuse. Then Dolphins left holding the bag at #3 having traded assets for nothing.
That's why it's highly unlikely any team makes a deal with the Lions pre-draft. It'll fall into that "let's agree to a deal that if so and so is there, we will trade picks with each other" category.

The Redskins, on the other hand, a team could 100% could do a deal with prior to the draft. The thinking there is that whomever falls to #2 between Tua or Burrow will be selected. That would be contingent on a team being okay with either of those names, which is a possibility but far from a certainty given the draft capital to move up.

Chargers need to sell seats in LA, they are best going after Tom Brady to do that but Tua may be a good back up plan should they fail there. The problem though for the chargers is that they don't have our resources to compete, nobody does, but they also have an Oline that is close to ours in terms of ineptitude. They would get Tua killed behind that line without the ability to build it up, having given away all their draft picks to secure him. Also not sure if Lynn and the FO can afford another season like the last one, that will be almost certain if they have thrown everything to get Tua.

After FA is over we'll have a clue of who are biggest competition is, it could even be Detriot if they manage to move Stafford for a first rounder.

Those two meaningless end of season wins are killing us right now.

If I’m washington I’m gonna try and squeeze Miami for the Miami 2021 1st and 5 and 18 this year.

basically they got us by the short hairs. And they know they sitting on a golden ticket if tua hits pick 2.

I’d squeeze the hell out of Miami for the pick.

I will just add it might take one of your 2s too.

if this kids full go for training camp get ready to pay up

Those two meaningless end of season wins are killing us right now.
Yah I saw that Grier interview at the Combine and you can see him exhale when he credits Flo who did a damn great job with the groceries - now Grier is kickin himself I bet

I took off Thursday and Friday to watch the draft fully... If we don't attempt to deal up or trade up and not snag Tua, I will legit cry. Seems sappy, but I'm all in at this point in time.

Mods, kinda a Burrow and Tua thread and it's breaking news so maybe it can stay up here for a while?

Tua's hip has good blood flow so now he's basically shaken off the only wart he had. We know he was of course the top QB going into this last season. If I were a betting man, I would bet he's a Bengal. So, if we want Burrow, we'll probably need to move to 2. What are your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom