****Tua Tagovailoa super thread**** | Page 198 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Tua Tagovailoa super thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched allen for a couple years now... I think he is very overrated.

Gordon could be a tick below Mahomes in terms of arm strength and still a very, very good NFL QB

Geordie

Thing is as much as Minshew went unnoticed and undrafted... Everything that he did in the air raid offense, Gordon took it to another level. Just a better arm and better passer.

Gordon is 6 foot 3 but skinny... and he is only an average runner... So he gets lost in the shuffle of all the athletic QB's that can razzle dazzle running the ball. Gordon has a world class arm and mechanically is the best QB in the draft when it comes to footwork and arm angles.

Sure he will need time to adjust... and the coaches will have to build an offense around him... But as a pure passer his talent is undeniable.

I watched a little of Gordon (not nearly admittedly as much as I did of Minshew the previous year) and I agree that the natural arm talent is probably a little superior (not a lot, in my view) but what Gordon doesn't have that Minshew has in abundance is the intangible stuff that makes him a leader, that elevates those around him. Minshew mania was a real thing last year, there was no Gordon mania. If Minshew didn't have those intangibles, I would lump him with the numerous other meh, will be playing CFL or Arena football in a couple of years guys.

I think Gordon is a nice prospect, someone that may find a home as a back up or even a journeyman starter in the future, but I with FSU on this, I think we can do a lot better and we need to take a swing at greatness not okness at the game's most important position. I would actually make this exact same statement for Minshew had he been the guy we were talking about here instead of Gordon.

No one passed on Minshew because of size...Murray was 5'10" and taken number 1 overall...no team cares about height when it comes to QBs anymore. That was true for Wilson but that was 7 years ago, teams have since moved on from the height issue.

Hogwash, height will always matter for NFL QB's, that will never change.

Sure if you're uber talented enough for the Oakland A's to throw away a first round pick on exceptions can be made, but NFL GM's will always prefer a taller QB to a shorter one all else equal.

5'9 Steve Smith was a great WR, as is Tyreek Hill, doesn't mean taller WR's aren't preferred to shorter ones, this will never change as with QB's.

Gordon could be a tick below Mahomes in terms of arm strength and still a very, very good NFL QB

Whats your measure of a tick, 25 miles. They arent in the same galaxy in regards to arm strength. Gordon is closer to Chad Pennington in arm strength than Patrick Mahomes. Yes he can still have a serviceable career, but you are comparing a guy with average QB tools to a guy who has all time great ones. Its a bit of a stretch.

I watched a little of Gordon (not nearly admittedly as much as I did of Minshew the previous year) and I agree that the natural arm talent is probably a little superior (not a lot, in my view) but what Gordon doesn't have that Minshew has in abundance is the intangible stuff that makes him a leader, that elevates those around him. Minshew mania was a real thing last year, there was no Gordon mania. If Minshew didn't have those intangibles, I would lump him with the numerous other meh, will be playing CFL or Arena football in a couple of years guys.

I think Gordon is a nice prospect, someone that may find a home as a back up or even a journeyman starter in the future, but I with FSU on this, I think we can do a lot better and we need to take a swing at greatness not okness at the game's most important position. I would actually make this exact same statement for Minshew had he been the guy we were talking about here instead of Gordon.

Geordie

If we get Tua at 5... I will be excited. I am just not okay with giving up three first round picks to trade up for a Small QB that has been severely injured. The one thing that perplexes me is that the pro tua crowd do not seem to be willing to state clearly what the limit is to trade up for him.... The mentality is that we need to get Tua ... No matter the cost.

I really think that this is folly. There needs to be a line that even the pro tua camp clearly talks about. If Miami gets into a bidding war with a couple of other teams for the 3 pick for Tua... I do not know if three first round picks will be enough to get him. That scares the crap out of me.

Before I jump on the bus towards that insanity I come up with another plan to find a QB.... Like draft Gordon and Hurts. Keep the three or four top draft picks.

If Gordon shows nothing next year... We have a ton of picks in the draft a year from now we can discuss moving up for Lawrence. At least a year from now we could potentially have solved issues on the O line... in the secondary and up front defensively.... So we would be a very solid team all around... One that could afford to give up a draft to get our future franchise QB

So if we drafted

Brown
Weaver
Diggs
Baun
Prince Wanogo
Biadasz with our first 6 picks ( trading a few lower picks for the Baun selection )

And these players panned out... This would be a very well rounded football team and we could give up
2 firsts
2 seconds
3 thirds

To try to land Lawerence next year. ( just using that as an example it might take a little more than that to get Lawrence. )

I can easily get on board taking Tua at 5.... I cannot get on board giving up three first round picks to trade up for Tua

Whats your measure of a tick, 25 miles. They arent in the same galaxy in regards to arm strength. Gordon is closer to Chad Pennington in arm strength than Patrick Mahomes. Yes he can still have a serviceable career, but you are comparing a guy with average QB tools to a guy who has all time great ones. Its a bit of a stretch.
Pennington worked like mad and got stronger as he aged his arm strength improved to the point where his arm was above average in terms of arm strength and velocity.

That being said Gordon has more arm talent than Pennington... And that is not really even a debate in my mind.

I am not sure other than Aaron Rodgers or Trevor Lawrence there is any QB that can challenge Mahomes in terms of arm strength

Geordie

If we get Tua at 5... I will be excited. I am just not okay with giving up three first round picks to trade up for a Small QB that has been severely injured. The one thing that perplexes me is that the pro tua crowd do not seem to be willing to state clearly what the limit is to trade up for him.... The mentality is that we need to get Tua ... No matter the cost.

I really think that this is folly. There needs to be a line that even the pro tua camp clearly talks about. If Miami gets into a bidding war with a couple of other teams for the 3 pick for Tua... I do not know if three first round picks will be enough to get him. That scares the crap out of me.

Before I jump on the bus towards that insanity I come up with another plan to find a QB.... Like draft Gordon and Hurts. Keep the three or four top draft picks.

If Gordon shows nothing next year... We have a ton of picks in the draft a year from now we can discuss moving up for Lawrence. At least a year from now we could potentially have solved issues on the O line... in the secondary and up front defensively.... So we would be a very solid team all around... One that could afford to give up a draft to get our future franchise QB

So if we drafted

Brown
Weaver
Diggs
Baun
Prince Wanogo
Biadasz with our first 6 picks ( trading a few lower picks for the Baun selection )

And these players panned out... This would be a very well rounded football team and we could give up
2 firsts
2 seconds
3 thirds

To try to land Lawerence next year. ( just using that as an example it might take a little more than that to get Lawrence. )

I can easily get on board taking Tua at 5.... I cannot get on board giving up three first round picks to trade up for Tua
Your bitching about trading up for Tua...but you would have no problem giving everything away for Dan McGwire 2.0?...freaking brilliant..

People act like these draft picks are more precious than their own damn kids.

And the "too many holes" line has been on repeat every single year for the past 20 years. Those holes ain't going away. As soon as you fill one - three more pop up. No team is ever not going to have too many holes to fill. That's what free agency is for.

The draft is for acquiring an elite quarterback through whatever means necessary. If that's not what you're using it for, you're losing.

I hope you guys are ready to rumble.

Miami didnt get draft picks to add another DT. They knew they needed a qb. It's not hard to figure out what's going on.
Pick Tua at 5 thzn pick Gordon in 4th rd.. you got two young qb. If Tua dont work maybe Gordon will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom